Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback letter how do I know if its been received?

Options
  • 25-07-2019 6:06am

Firstly, its ridiculous both bad for the environment and a waste of money on both sides that you can only request a chargeback on your CC by post. I even requested in my initial letter that they reply to me by email and they went ahead and spent a euro posting me a letter to say that they couldn't!

My initial chargeback was rejected because I couldn't prove that I had cancelled a service (which I was told I could not received anyway because I did not have a CC with a US address). I sent another letter with more information including a screenshot of the phonecall on the day in question to the company. The company claim they record all calls for quality and training purposes so I requested that BOI ask for a copy of the call to prove that I did cancel the service. Its been almost 3 weeks since I sent that letter and no reply from BOI, should I assume that they didn't get the letter or should I assume that they got it and are processing my chargeback claim against the 3rd party.

Please allow people to submit chargebacks online or via email, it would be so much simpler for everyone involved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your concerns.

We appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that you have made some valid points relating for the paper process for our Chargeback Team. We will certainly pass this feedback on and put it forward for review for future developments.

In regards to our chargeback procedure, we would advise that a case can take up to 45 days to be fully investigated. This timeframe varies depending on the third party providing us with the necessary information to aid with the investigation. Please be assured that our chargebacks department will be in contact with you directly with updates.

If you would like confirmation that your letter has been received by the team, you can message our customer service team via 365 online 'Ask a question' section which can be found under 'Service Desk'. An advisor will be happy to follow this up for you.

I hope this information helps you.

Thanks, Aisling.

I did as suggested and all I got back was an email that doesn't appear to have any text in it. I've tried 3 different browsers to see if that makes a difference but this is all I get when I click on the email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

I did as suggested and all I got back was an email that doesn't appear to have any text in it. I've tried 3 different browsers to see if that makes a difference but this is all I get when I click on the email

Hi NellyBellyJelly,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have followed up with our Service Desk team and have asked them to review the reply that was sent to you. When they come back to me I will revert back to you here with an update. Thank you for your patience with this.

Many Thanks

John

Hi NellyBellyJelly,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have followed up with our Service Desk team and have asked them to review the reply that was sent to you. When they come back to me I will revert back to you here with an update. Thank you for your patience with this.

Many Thanks

John

Hi NellyBellyJelly,

I have received a response from the Service Desk Team. They have confirmed that they did reply to you on 29/07/2019 and they are not sure why it appeared blank. Can you send us a PM please and we can show you the message that was sent to your inbox in the Service Desk.

Many Thanks

John

Kind of hard to do when you've chosen not to receive private messages

• Advertisement

Kind of hard to do when you've chosen not to receive private messages

Hi,

I will send you a PM showing the 'Service Desk' reply you were unable to see.

Thanks

John

Advertisement