Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup 2026 @ Adare Manor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

“Golf’s most prestigious tournament”. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Trampas

JP opening his wallet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

fullstop wrote:
    “Golf’s most prestigious tournamentâ€. LOL.

It probably is. It's great news for Limerick and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Brilliant news.somewhere other than Dublin for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Everyone knows this for the past few years. Worst kept secret around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ryder cup has never been hosted in Dublin!

While it was kinda known, be great for official confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Best thing about this announcement is that Adare is finally going to be bypassed. Nice town but I’ve spent way too much of my life crawling through it in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Brilliant for the area but the by pass has to done before it. Traffic backed up last Friday at 1pm coming from the city direction, hate to think what it was like later!!!

But a great boost to the area, well done JP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I’m pretty sure there has been no big tournament golf in Dublin since 2003.

Great news and it will be a great venue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

But sure Kildare is Dublin in a lot of peoples eyes :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

wonder what are the chances of an Irish Open there in the next few years, I like say, 3/4 years on links and then next one in parkland

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    wonder what are the chances of an Irish Open there in the next few years, I like say, 3/4 years on links and then next one in parkland

you would imagine it would come to it at some stage as a "Trial Run" sort of speak.

It probably is. It's great news for Limerick and Ireland.

It absolutely isn’t. It’s a glorified exhibition. It’s provably the most lucrative alright, and no doubt great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I meant a big event for somewhere other than dublin.anything !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

fullstop wrote: »
    It absolutely isn’t. It’s a glorified exhibition. It’s provably the most lucrative alright, and no doubt great news.

No. The Ryder Cup is a huge event. Full of real passion even if one of the teams is an amalgam of nations.

I was lucky enough to have been at the 1991 event in Kiawah Island. The atmosphere was incredible. It's the equal of anything sports wise that I've experienced before or since.

Saying the Ryder Cup is a "glorified exhibition" is silly. You couldn't be more wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Id say absolutely no chance or no interest for that matter.
    JP is selling Adare as a premium product across the world and charging the premium fees. Ryder Cup course 2026 will only add to that
    You may see a WGC there at some stage, but the Irish open may be a tad too small and would not command any US interest, who I suspect is his target market for Adare

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Best thing about this announcement is that Adare is finally going to be bypassed. Nice town but I’ve spent way too much of my life crawling through it in traffic

Is it just Adare being bypassed? Rathkeale, NewcastleWest and Abbeyfeale are also bottle-necks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

LastLagoon wrote: »

You be queuing up in tailbacks at Newcastlewest and Abbeyfeale instead if u heading to Tralee, killarney or Dingle. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The K Club is not Dublin

Dbu wrote: »
    Id say absolutely no chance or no interest for that matter.
    JP is selling Adare as a premium product across the world and charging the premium fees. Ryder Cup course 2026 will only add to that
    You may see a WGC there at some stage, but the Irish open may be a tad too small and would not command any US interest, who I suspect is his target market for Adare

Put the Irish Open here in 2024 or 2025 and you'll have plenty of US players taking part, and likely links in the Scottish followed by The Open (assuming current scheduled remains), would be a perfect run in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

john9876 wrote: »
    Is it just Adare being bypassed? Rathkeale, NewcastleWest and Abbeyfeale are also bottle-necks?

Rathkeale has been bypassed for about 30 years.

The others are bottlenecks yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Trampas wrote: »
    JP opening his wallet.

Yes.
    Must have put in a big bid ,the European tour generally go with the highest bidder ,its a huge money making event for them.

Saying that it is a very good course

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

Put the Irish Open here in 2024 or 2025 and you'll have plenty of US players taking part, and likely links in the Scottish followed by The Open (assuming current scheduled remains), would be a perfect run in

Would be great if that was the case, however, in 2018 the only American Ryder Cup player to play the Open De France at Le Golf National 2 months before hand was Justin Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The K Club is not Dublin

Clue is in the title.
    It's what the K stands for :D

quagmire47 wrote: »
    Would be great if that was the case, however, in 2018 the only American Ryder Cup player to play the Open De France at Le Golf National 2 months before hand was Justin Thomas.

and look how many points he scored for the US as a result!!

4 points from 5

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

As a part of wnning bids previous hosts have had to agree to support the European tour with top level events for a number of years around hosting the Ryder Cup.

Likely that will be the same here and hopefully as mentiond above they will be higher quality events attracting better fields.

No. The Ryder Cup is a huge event. Full of real passion even if one of the teams is an amalgam of nations.

I was lucky enough to have been at the 1991 event in Kiawah Island. The atmosphere was incredible. It's the equal of anything sports wise that I've experienced before or since.

Saying the Ryder Cup is a "glorified exhibition" is silly. You couldn't be more wrong.
    I’m fully aware is a huge event, I’ve been at more than one myself, but to say it’s golf’s most prestigious tournament isn’t even close to true. Ask any player on either team if they’d prefer to win a major or a Ryder Cup and they’d all choose a major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

I'm absolutely stoked!! Can't believe this is really happening, spent two years of my life working stupid hours building that course, it was a brilliant experience and looked amazing but this is the icing on the cake. Can't wait!!

fullstop wrote: »
    I’m fully aware is a huge event, I’ve been at more than one myself, but to say it’s golf’s most prestigious tournament isn’t even close to true. Ask any player on either team if they’d prefer to win a major or a Ryder Cup and they’d all choose a major.

I'm not so sure, hasn't Lowry said his main goal is to get on to the Ryder cup team next year? Even before he won The Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Who do we fancy for captains for Adare?
    My crystal ball , I think I can see Ian Poulter v Tiger Woods.

Advertisement