Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup 2026 @ Adare Manor

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Hoboo

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why would they need their head examined? You dont think Adare is a good location?
    I'm sure Adare still have to pay to host it, but they didnt go chasing it.

JP openly said the RC was his main aim when renovating. So if they didn't get paid well they'd need their heads examined......he wanted the product, they own the product.....you reckon it was just gifted?

Adare is probably the best location by far, no argument there, from what I hear it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,237 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hoboo wrote: »
    JP openly said the RC was his main aim when renovating. So if they didn't get paid well they'd need their heads examined......he wanted the product, they own the product.....you reckon it was just gifted?

Adare is probably the best location by far, no argument there, from what I hear it's unreal.

I'm afraid you've lost me now.

If who didnt get paid?

Of course Adare pay for it, they just weren't part of the usual effective bidding war for it, they were sought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Hoboo wrote: »
    Exactly. It certainly wasn't just handed to JP for nothing. And good enough.

So you are agreeing?

No matter who gets the Ryder Cup will have a cost, as has been set out in the media Adare will be paying for anything inside the gates and government funding will improve infrastructure etc... around Adare.

You are trying to make out some snakey move happened by JP which is not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

It has never been held in Dublin.The only time it was held in Ireland was in 2006 at the K Club in Kildare.
    Amazing how these things matter to people.

Pity Limerick doesn't have an airport.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Of course Adare pay for it, they just weren't part of the usual effective bidding war for it, they were sought out.
    For what its worth, the official release seems to confirm the process was a negotiation.
    https://merrionstreet.ie/en/News-Room/Releases/Cabinet_approves_support_to_host_The_Ryder_Cup_2026.html

Last September, the Professional Golf Association (PGA) of the European Tour invited Minister Ross to attend the Ryder Cup in Paris to discuss the possibility or Ireland hosting the Ryder Cup in 2026. The Tour said that they would like to bring the Ryder Cup to Adare Manor in 2026. While they had a number of interested parties, if agreement could be reached with Ireland, they would not run a competitive process seeking bids from other countries. Competitive processes were used for the 2018 (Paris) and 2022 (Rome) events. Specifically, the Tour wished to discuss the extent and likelihood of Government support.

Following on from that the Taoiseach and Minister Ross met with Tour Executives in November and indicated a willingness to support the proposal that would work for both Ireland and the European Tour. Since November, officials from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, supported by Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Ireland, have engaged in detailed discussions with the Tour to scope out the impact of the tournament and support necessary from Government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Do people think the course will change dramatically for the Ryder Cup? It is very short at the moment and I don't see a lot of space to lengthen it really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Do people think the course will change dramatically for the Ryder Cup? It is very short at the moment and I don't see a lot of space to lengthen it really?

7509 yards off the back ,you think that is very short ?
    You must be a big hitter .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It will all come down to the putting anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

It is anyting but short. 7509 off the gold tees and really tight landing areas for the pros. The defence is in the approach shots, lots of movement on the greens and big run offs

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Your not looking at the par 69 course next door by any chance?

SEORG wrote: »
    Your not looking at the par 69 course next door by any chance?

He could easily be as its quite misleading.
    The short course is Adare Manor Golf Club wheras the Jp Mc Manus course is simply Adare Manor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

No I played it on Friday and didn't think there was a big difference back to some of the Gold tees from the whites.

Maybe it's the fact that you can hit it anywhere with no rough meant it felt shorter.

The place is insane and I couldn't fault it on any single thing. Just wondered about the length but seems it measures up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As GG said, it's all about the greens

No I played it on Friday and didn't think there was a big difference back to some of the Gold tees from the whites.

Maybe it's the fact that you can hit it anywhere with no rough meant it felt shorter.

The place is insane and I couldn't fault it on any single thing. Just wondered about the length but seems it measures up.

I played it before the renovation and it was a beast of a course.
    The rough was vicious then ,6 inches deep in places .

I'm sure the rough will be long again by the time the Ryder Cup comes around.

Its a long course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I played it before the renovation and it was a beast of a course.
    The rough was vicious then ,6 inches deep in places .

I'm sure the rough will be long again by the time the Ryder Cup comes around.

Its a long course.

The design philosophy is for no real rough in play, just the long fescue in places but for the pros it pretty much out of their line. Pretty much inline with Augusta

The captain that year (I’m guessing Poulter) may want to change that.

Advertisement