Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Vittoria - Gasteiz

Options
  • 25-07-2019 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Has anyone done this a few weeks ago or planning to do it next year?

First time I am looking to make the jump to full...torn between this or Barcelona!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

event has been running for 18 years and the only difference from before this year was basically 200 euro less entry fee

always has been an awesome race with an awesome atmosphere.

slight downside like roth and franfurt etc a split transiton

bareclona in my mind is a race with no atmosphere but easy to get to and getting accomondation at no inflated prices close to race venue

weather more predicatble with barcelona usualy 25-27 degree for run

vitoria tends to be one year nice 23-26 degree and then 1year hot approx 32 degree the next but still less fluctioation in temps than frankfurt for example

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

I am considering this for next year - will more than likely do it.

Went with Barcelona this year, as planning a holiday with family and friends for a few days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

looking at this race too for next year, did Barcelona last year, it was a toss up between this and Italy but I like the idea of it being a bit earlier in the year so the whole summer isn't taken over with training

it seems flight to Bilbao and train transfer from there might be an option?

Advertisement