Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats cool about Kildare Town?

Options
  • 25-07-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I am by now aware that living in Kildare Town is not as hip as living in Naas or Newbridge. However, the Curragh Racecourse is a pretty cool thing nearby. Likewise, the Japanese Gardens, Kildare Village and the Thursday market at the town square.

So, I am (trying to) start a thread about cool stuff in Kildare Town that are worth knowing about. This may also include things that are in walking distance from its boundaries like the nearby Curragh Racehouse. It may also include people, events, and other curiosities that you can think of.

So, what is cool about living in Kildare town? Photos welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

Nice restaurants and Bars? Silken Thomas, Kavanaghs, Hartes etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Were you ever up the Round Tower? I took the following photo about 10 years ago, looking down onto the cathedral grounds. There's a great view all around, especially on a clear day (obviously).

486366.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

is Lils still there, spent many a night in there, was a great spot,

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zkevinz

yes lidl is still there its acually moved across the road relocated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

OP if you want to appreciate Kildare town go visit Athy for a day on the train. You will feel truly blessed when you get back to Kildare.

Be grateful for the National Stud, Japanese Gardens, Silken Thomas, Kildare Village and a full range of supermarkets including a Tesco. The train station serves most of the country. You have Kildare Village. There are plenty of roads around the town where you can walk safely. If you're feeling contemplative you can call into Solas Bhride. You are close to the M7, Kildare is one of the better towns to live in outside Dublin.

Why not set up a meetup group and arrange cool stuff around Kildare like going racing in the Curragh.

• Advertisement

ampleforth wrote: »
    I am by now aware that living in Kildare Town is not as hip as living in... Newbridge. .........

since when has Newbridge been hip?

Advertisement