Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Ya the final battle,
    loads of white dragons around the place

Not sure if you have Ingrid or not, but I basically used her to solo those enemies (and pretty much the entire map at that lol). I had her set up as a Pegasus Knight I think it was and her magic evasion was absolutely insane, meaning she could basically tank those enemies and not take any damage. I would just keep a healer within her movement range so I could zip back for heals whenever she did take the odd bit of damage.

It was an absolute bitch of a fight though and an absolutely insane difficulty spike IMO that the game just doesn't prepare you for. It's possible to steamroll everything up until that point with little regard for actual tactics. Still love the game, but I did almost quit on that chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Finished it last night finally.
    The double "thats not the real last boss" was a bit tiring. Also, killing ten dudes on a mostly posion map before you can kill Nemesis was beyond cruel. I'd spent ages doing free battles to get Byleth up to a good Mortal Savant level. Having four characters who could heal as well as kill was invaluable.

Ending was
    nice, everything tied up neatly in the end.
    Gonna wit for the sale and see if the DLC is reduced then probably dive back in with a Dmitri play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Are folks doing their second play through's on NG+ or are ye just starting a new save?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

skerry wrote: »
    Are folks doing their second play through's on NG+ or are ye just starting a new save?

Haven't gotten very far through my 2nd run yet but I think NG+ is the way to go from what I know. You retain your statue levels from the monastery, and you can then use that renown you would have been spending on statue upgrades on unlocking support levels. So instead of grinding support, you can just buy the levels which i think is the main draw of NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

goon_magee wrote: »
    Haven't gotten very far through my 2nd run yet but I think NG+ is the way to go from what I know. You retain your statue levels from the monastery, and you can then use that renown you would have been spending on statue upgrades on unlocking support levels. So instead of grinding support, you can just buy the levels which i think is the main draw of NG+.

Sound, i started my Black Eagles NG+ playthrough after previosuly beating the game with Blue Lions. Had read up on the renown thing but wasn't sure what carried over. Guess first thing to spend it on is professor levels. I'm guessing since I had decent support built up with the Blue Lions house characters that it should be much easier to recruit members over to Black Eagles. Want to swipe Ingrid seeing as how she's an absolute beast. Picked a female Byleth, loving how Sylvain can be recruited on the first attempt cos he's such a ladies man and all :)

Not sure if its because I'm playing on hard this time but battalions seem to miss nearly every time I try to use them, to the point I don't bother using them anymore. Don't remember them being that unreliable last time, maybe cos they haven't leveled up any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Can anyone tell me (without spoilers) how far I'm into Three Houses? I'm afraid to Google any info in case I see a spoiler. I'm playing the Black Eagles storyline and last night I was at the point where
    the main character battled the girl that killed Jeralt and later joined with Sothis to escape the dark realm or whatever it was called and then battled the baddie that was originally the librarian
    . I'm enjoying the combat but some of the other stuff is starting to grate on me. If I knew I was 70%+ into the game, I'd probably stick with it but if it's significantly less than that, I'm not sure if I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me (without spoilers) how far I'm into Three Houses? I'm afraid to Google any info in case I see a spoiler. I'm playing the Black Eagles storyline and last night I was at the point where
    the main character battled the girl that killed Jeralt and later joined with Sothis to escape the dark realm or whatever it was called and then battled the baddie that was originally the librarian
    . I'm enjoying the combat but some of the other stuff is starting to grate on me. If I knew I was 70%+ into the game, I'd probably stick with it but if it's significantly less than that, I'm not sure if I can!

Actually, nevermind. Last night I got to the part where
    you had to choose between killing Edelgard or siding with her, I chose to side with her and saw what Rhea became
    so now I'm intrigued enough that I'll be sticking with this for another while!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Decided to go with church instead am enjoying the game more now

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Teddy Picker

Lost Petra in chapter 4, to go back and play again to try and keep a full class, or continue on and recruit someone new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lost Petra in chapter 4, to go back and play again to try and keep a full class, or continue on and recruit someone new?

If it was me, I'd accept that that was the consequences of my actions and continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just finished second play through of this with Golden Deer route after doing the church route.

Played it with New game + but still found it a bit of a slog considering three quarters of the game was the same.

It did open up the plot a bit more but for me wasn't worth a replay for me.

I heard the BE
    Edelgard route is worth it
    but dunno if I can face the same first half again.

did anyone get the DLC I heard its a standalone story?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The dlc ties into the main story as you can recruit the ashen wolves after a certain point in the story it's different for each of the four characters and you need to get to certain points on the dlc stand alone story too I haven't played Fire Emblem in a few months now will have to go back to it as I need a break from Animal Crossing

Advertisement