Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Competition

Options
  • 25-07-2019 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hope this is in the right place! (Sorry if it isn't).

I won a radio Competition at the start of May and I didn't hear anything from them for about 6 weeks so I contacted them and have been fobbed off a number of times now about the prize.

I suppose my question is, can they just not give me the prize? And just say they can't get it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can they not give it to you? Realistically yes

Can you make it rather awkward for them if they don't? Probably.

Was it won on-air or connected to an on-air promotion; or was it done on social media? There are different complaints mechanisms that would make it quite difficult for them.

Its relatively normal for the prize suppliers to take an eternity and some stuff - gig tickets particularly - often only gets to the station days before the date of the gig. Saying the exact prize would give away too many details really but if you want to say the category.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Have had issues with prizes in the past with both TodayFM and RTE - got them eventually. Some can be due to mix up of whether the prize giver (an external company) is to send the prize etc or that the radio station hasn't received the prize yet or just forgetfulness.
    It does take a way from the whole thing when you have to hound them for your prize - I would say stick with them as you are entitled to your prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thank you both! :)

The competition was on air, answering a number of questions. And the prize was a hotel stay.

It definitely takes the good out of it when you feel like you're chasing them because, to be honest, If they had just contacted me within a week or two and said they weren't able to get the prize, I wouldn't have been that fussed.
    Definitely would like it now that it's been almost 3 months with people fobbing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Make an official complaint to the station about it and then go to the BAI a week or so later if it's not sorted. That usually lights the fire quite extensively under then

Likelyhood is someone more senior will reply to the complaint anyway, or the same person reply more openly (you'd be surprised how small radio stations can be)

Advertisement