Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue recording 2 simultaneous progs and viewing a 3rd live program od SAB twin combo

Options
  • 25-07-2019 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    my Sab triple tuner went into meltdown last night when I switched it on and inadvertently started watching a tv channel (preset start up channel) whilst 2 recordings were in progress.

A unix screen popped up informing me of a software issue and that it needed to reboot, which it did and then promptly detected the same issue. It remained in this reboot sequence until I powered the receiver down for the night as I couldnt see any option to intercede to either switch to one of the recording channels or cancel a recording. Consequently I wasnt able to view channels on the receiver and both of the recordings were useless because of the constant rebooting.

This morning I set up the same scenario, just to confirm that it wasnt an isolated incident, and as suspected into went ito the rolling reboot again.

Is there a setting, that your aware of, that can be tweeked to warn of excessive channel usage? Or how I could have quickly switched the machine to standby mode to at least continue the recordings.

ken

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if your on enigma 2 u need to reinstall enigma 2

if your on spark you need to load the recovery image and then set up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Remove the startup channel, it should boot to the next available tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SabUser

Hi Nowso,

Thanks for the suggestion concerning Enigma2, just to get a bit more clarity, previously Ive saved a backup and an image, is restoring the backup what your referring to? Should I also reload the saved image and if so is the order backup followed by image?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I would try the suggestion about not having a specific start up channel first.

The" backup" is just a back up of your general settings whereas the image is complete copy of everything

Note that both will bring you back to where you were on the date either was made

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

yes just reload your back up if your in a constant bootlloop - then check space on your recording drive etc when up

• Advertisement
Advertisement