Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork bus station to CUH

Options
  • 25-07-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello

I'm trying to find out if you can get a bus directly from the city bus station to CUH? I have looked up the website & it appears that I have to go to Patrick street (outside BTs) or Grand parade. Is this correct? I can't get through to the bus station by phone, it's either ringing out or engaged!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Yeah, as far as I can make out, only the 208, 214 and 216 pass by CUH to/from the city centre. And none of them have a stop at the Parnell Place station.

It's either Patrick St. (208,214) or South Mall / Grand Parade (216), with the 208 being the most direct route.

See map

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I'm pretty sure the 208 does stop at Parnell Place Bus Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm pretty sure the 208 does stop at Parnell Place Bus Station.

Yeah, the 208 comes from Mayfield and passes by the bus station on the way to CUH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Cheers, it appears that map is incorrect!

Checked the 208 timetable and Parnell Place is listed. (If checking this link, you may need to click "Change Route Direction" to see it, since it's not on the East-bound leg of this route).

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dot Cotton

Thanks so much everyone. That is really helpful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

who_me wrote: »
    Yeah, as far as I can make out, only the 208, 214 and 216 pass by CUH to/from the city centre. And none of them have a stop at the Parnell Place station.

It's either Patrick St. (208,214) or South Mall / Grand Parade (216), with the 208 being the most direct route.

See map
    If stuck, the 205 might be an option as well. Drops you to the rear of CUH, with a 5min-10min walk up Bishoptown Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dot Cotton

If stuck, the 205 might be an option as well. Drops you to the rear of CUH, with a 5min-10min walk up Bishoptown Ave.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Better still, the 214 which actually stops inside the hospital grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

As does the 216, but neither go to Parnell Place Bus Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Someone already mentioned the 214, and I haven't been on the 214 in a while, but it took a far less direct route to CUH the last time I did, and took a lot longer than the 208 specifically. Plenty of options though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement