Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Doorbell Cam for Elderly

• 25-07-2019 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I currently have my mother-in-law's house set up with a blink xt camera at the front door. And a Echo Show 5 in the house, with the idea that she can see the porch before answering the door.

BlinkXT and Echo Show are too slow and it's not useful enough to keep it as an instant camera feed.

I need something that will work fast, but also show on a screen (echo show or other) quickly.

She has no smart phone so apps as monitors are out of the question.

outside of a legitimate CCTV setup is there anything that could work?

I know Ring doorbells are compatible with Echo Show, but I'm not sure what the latency is. Any help would be super!

Thanks!

Comments

A cctv setup from amazon is probably going to be cheaper/more reliable than a wifi one.
    Esspecally if you dont want/need a record function then you dont need a HDD.

I have an annke branded set and its very good.
    Box has hdmi out and vga out.
    I run the hdmi to my sitting room and the vga to a dedicated monitor in my kitchen .
    You can access them via an app too,no sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

A cctv setup from amazon is probably going to be cheaper/more reliable than a wifi one.
    Esspecally if you dont want/need a record function then you dont need a HDD.

I have an annke branded set and its very good.
    Box has hdmi out and vga out.
    I run the hdmi to my sitting room and the vga to a dedicated monitor in my kitchen .
    You can access them via an app too,no sub.

thanks!

Sorry, I knew there was something I was meant to add...

Something that doesn't involved drilling through the wall.

Advertisement