Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Did I get a good price for rear wheel?

Options
  • 25-07-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,

Got my rear wheel replace on a entry level racer.
    €115 for Mavic cpx22, new spokes, cassette attached etc, ready to be attached to the bike.

I want to know should I use this shop in future, based on this being a fair price or not.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

couldn't tell you for certain, as i'm not sure where the price point of that rim is (seems to list as rim only, without hub for any listings i can find).
    but i paid €125 for a rear disc aksium in my LBS - that was without disc or cassette. depends on the cassette, but i reckon supply and fir would be at least €20, so you got the wheel for under €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Hi,

Got my rear wheel replace on a entry level racer.
    €115 for Mavic cpx22, new spokes, cassette attached etc, ready to be attached to the bike.

I want to know should I use this shop in future, based on this being a fair price or not.

Thanks,

Ready to be attached to a bike would suggest tyre/tube also fitted. If that was the case then yes it’s a pretty good price. If not and it was only the wheel then it’s quite expensive. I sold a set of CXP22’s with tyres/tubes fitted for €100 about 4 or 5 years ago. They’re a good strong but heavy wheelset.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CXP22 is a decent rim, hard pressed to find any build with it, presuming it's factory built for any less than that, typicall 20 or 30 more. With a cassette and ready to go, you certainly were not ripped off, giving a guess, sounds like a decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I thought, going by the thread title, that you had sold a wheel and weren't sure if you had got enough for it.

Advertisement