Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

alastair wrote: »
    She didn’t. Feel free to go review once again.

She said exactly that. And countries all over the world are passing anti BDS acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

White men are the biggest ethnic group they are not the group to commit the largest number of homicides.
    I am not going to break down the arrest statistics obviously they are influenced by other factors such as poverty etc.

She wasn’t talking about homicides, she was talking about terrorism in the US.

Well - I’m calling your idiotic posts, idiotic, for their idiocy. Hope that clarifies things.
    Are you the guy who keeps spamming?

She said exactly that. And countries all over the world are passing anti BDS acts.

She didn’t. And there’s rather more BDS initiatives than anti-BDS initiatives worldwide. It’s quite a successful campaign.

She wasn’t talking about homicides, she was talking about terrorism in the US.

She said 'killed'

And in any case if you are correct and she was talking about terrorism she was still incorrect.

• Advertisement

Are you the guy who keeps spamming?

Your ignore button seems faulty - like your logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1154039284950716419

I’m not PC but that’s a fair point. I like Omar.

She didn’t. And there’s rather more BDS initiatives than anti-BDS initiatives worldwide. It’s quite a successful campaign.

US congress just past an Anti BDS act so has france.

France went further and has criminalized all boycotts of Israel. https://www.france24.com/en/20160120-france-boycott-israel-bds-law-free-speech-antisemitism

Germany has also passed an anti BDS law.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

She's a nasty piece of work. She said Trump was lying about there being a humanitarian crisis at the border and then when it became undeniable she whined and said that congress would treat dogs better. Even though the day before she and 94 other democrats voted against allocating Trump the much needed $4.4bln emergency funding. Yeah, their empathy is real genuine.

And look at this. Does this sound like someone who is just about conveying the truth to her followers and the electorate?

These people create more division than anyone else in society and by these I mean far leftists.

Did Trump say there was a humanitarian crisis or a security crisis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

It can't be as relevant to your surroundings as an American site.
    I prefer the level of debate regarding the US here as opposed to most American sites. There are some good discussions at times, where sites in the US are mostly made up of personal attacks usually initiated by those on the left. I've been here, in several incarnations, for maybe over 10 years.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Your ignore button seems faulty - like your logic.

Everything you have said so far is factually incorrect.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I prefer the level of debate regarding the US here as opposed to most American sites. There are some good discussions at times, where sites in the US are mostly made up of personal attacks usually initiated by those on the left. I've been here, in several incarnations, for maybe over 10 years.
    Fair enough.

US congress just past an Anti BDS act so has france.

France went further and has criminalized all boycotts of Israel. https://www.france24.com/en/20160120-france-boycott-israel-bds-law-free-speech-antisemitism

Great for free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I found the culprit

latest?cb=20171226070805

Didn't Melania nick his hat??

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

For the life of me I can't understand the mental gymnastics required to get this offend and outraged when it is pointed out that the video has been edited to take the words said out of context. More so is the pigheaded determination to try to justify their initial reaction to the edited video, and try to justify the edit as being just as truthful as the original.

Utterly ridiculous.

Great for free speech.

It doesn't stop free speech. It stops a. boycotts of Israel unless you personally wish to do so which is your right and B. the funding of terrorist organizations.

Denmark hasn't made an anti BDS law. But its withdrawing funding of BDS after several groups were linked to convicted terrorists.

Nope. It didn’t. It’s a non-binding motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1154039284950716419

If she said that the white man was to be feared due to being primarily responsible for putting the great orange ape into the white house I could agree somewhat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭hawley

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Looking at the murder rates on this page, it seems like majority white countries are amongst the safest in the world. South/Central America and Africa have the highest reported incidences of murder.

Nope. It didn’t. It’s a non-binding motion.

Its an anti BDS law still the same.

It just doesn't go as far as france or the states.

BDS has links to terrorists groups and convicted terrorists Germany has acknowledged this. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-bds-israel/germany-designates-bds-israel-boycott-movement-as-anti-semitic-idUSKCN1SN204
    a majority of lawmakers in the Bundestag voted in favor of a motion to label the international Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement as an entity that uses anti-Semitic tactics to fulfill its political goals.

• Advertisement

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    If she said that the white man was to be feared due to being primarily responsible for putting the great orange ape into the white house I could agree somewhat...

Good point.

Its an anti BDS law still the same.

It’s not a law. It’s a parliamentary non-binding motion. No legislation whatsoever.

It doesn't stop free speech. It stops a. boycotts of Israel unless you personally wish to do so which is your right and B. the funding of terrorist organizations.

Denmark hasn't made an anti BDS law. But its withdrawing funding of BDS after several groups were linked to convicted terrorists.

A boycott is pretty much a free speech issue. These laws are clearly stopping people and corporations boycotting a country.

For the life of me I can't understand the mental gymnastics required to get this offend and outraged when it is pointed out that the video has been edited to take the words said out of context. More so is the pigheaded determination to try to justify their initial reaction to the edited video, and try to justify the edit as being just as truthful as the original.

Utterly ridiculous.

I saw the unedited video first. My reaction is totally based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Utterly ridiculous.

Tell me about it. It was page 2 when I posted the unedited video. Now we're at "BDS has links to terrorists groups and convicted terrorists Germany has acknowledged this."

A boycott is pretty much a free speech issue. These laws are clearly stopping people and corporations boycotting a country.
    They are stopping the funding of terrorists in the middle east. Generally a good thing.

The boycotting and such is further helping this movement and further destabilizing the middle east. A bad thing. People might not want to admit it but that is the truth.

They are contributing to further destabilization in places like Syria for instance by boycotting israel and supporting BDS.

Penn wrote: »
    Tell me about it. It was page 2 when I posted the unedited video. Now we're at "BDS has links to terrorists groups and convicted terrorists Germany has acknowledged this."
    Omar has supported BDS in the past it is germane to the issue. It further demonstrates her character and her ill conceived perceptions.

She opposed the passing of the anti BDS act in congress despite several convicted terrorists being involved in the movement.

Despite its links to Hezbollah and Assad.

https://www.jpost.com/International/French-company-closes-Nazi-account-linked-to-Hezbollah-Assad-and-BDS-578950

Omar has supported BDS in the past it is germane to the issue. It further demonstrates her character and her ill conceived perceptions.

The Dail supports BDS. I guess that must demonstrate the character of the Irish electorate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Utterly ridiculous.

You could say like wise you your post and it’s ilk.

• Advertisement

It’s not a law. It’s a parliamentary non-binding motion. No legislation whatsoever.
    It should be. The middle east and particularly syria would be safer.

Advertisement