Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

steddyeddy wrote: »
    6th largest??? That's awful. What are the Democrats doing with California?

San Francisco is a proper ****hole apparently. Faeces in the street, massive homelessness, drugs.

Skid row is still a blight on LA, but the Hollywood elites like to talk about open border and bringing more immigrants (Democrat voters) from central America instead of helping their own people downtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NKante wrote: »
    It's relative though. The amount of cash that the likes of California receives (something like the 6th largest economy in the world) but is being run into the ground by Democrats. Whereas the likes of Alabama or Mississippi have much smaller budgets.

Run into the ground in what way?

And are we talking federal dollars? Because CA is a net contributor of federal dollars, they decidedly receive back less than they are taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

What the **** am I reading.
    Why is this thread full of Russian trolls??
    They're like a plague taking over internet discussion forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »
    He didn’t call them rats though did he.

Now lost American ills perpetrated by Republicans. Unless you’re a hypocrite.

Who did trump all rats?

Why don’t you show me. The burden of proof is on you not me.

Indeed. I've mentioned it before but the Republican party control 94% or 18 out of 19 of the poorest states in America. In terms of the economy there's no argument that states that the Republicans are better than the Democrats.

You keep trotting that out but I’ve already refuted your argument.

• Advertisement

San Francisco is a proper ****hole apparently. Faeces in the street, massive homelessness, drugs.

I’ll take any major city in the world for $500 Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Skid row is still a blight on LA, but the Hollywood elites like to talk about open border and bringing more immigrants (Democrat voters) from central America instead of helping their own people downtown.

Yes SF definitely has a homeless problem. So let's put that into context though:

Republicans running 94% of the poorest states > San Francisco's homeless problem.

mad muffin wrote: »

Where? Burden of proof!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,589 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Who did trump all rats?

Why don’t you show me. The burden of proof is on you not me.
    Of course it is as you completely rely on video dumps and appear incapable of proper discussion

Any more and you will lose posting privileges

Any questions please PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

Actually you agreed with it. You only openly resented the fact I brought it up as "you already knew it" and I was trying to "catch you out" with that fact.

• Advertisement

Can I ask how may of the ardent Trump supporters who post here have any real experience in the US. You have people here claiming the (insert Democrat city) is a hole but admit they haven't been there or if they have been it was only briefly. Where are people getting their information? Before anyone points the finger I work half the time in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Can I ask how may of the ardent Trump supporters who post here have any real experience in the US. You have people here claiming the (insert Democrat city) is a hole but admit they haven't been there or if they have been it was only briefly. Where are people getting their information? Before anyone points the finger I work half the time in the US.

I've spent some time in San Francisco and obviously noticed the homelessness...

(but understood a lot was from people who had served in the military etc mental health etc chatted to some coming and going it's inevitable and never felt in danger - just felt for a lot them tbh)

.... but I thought it was a great city.

I would have thought most people thought it was a great city.

A difference of opinion to some on the thread:

"San Francisco is a proper ****hole apparently"

haha :)

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ll take any major city in the world for $500 Alex

I'm just going by recent news about it that it's going down the toilet. Like proper 3rd world areas.

I'm just going by recent news about it that it's going down the toilet. Like proper 3rd world areas.

So from no direct experience and a cherry picking of gaslighting efforts

Recent news stated "it's going down the toilet"......

You've read something badly written and taken it as fact. Visit there and don't believe everything you read.

Recent news stated "it's going down the toilet"......

You've read something badly written and taken it as fact. Visit there and don't believe everything you read.
    Multiple sources, videos etc.

It's not made up. You might have gone to the tourist areas that Pelosi still sweeps up.

Multiple sources, videos etc.

It's not made up. You might have gone to the tourist areas that Pelosi still sweeps up.

It's probably made up. Visit there and get back to me. Then walk around some of Alabama and get back to me.

It's probably made up. Visit there and get back to me. Then walk around some of Alabama and get back to me.

Been to West Virginia. Salt of the earth people. No **** in the streets either.

Although I went to visit friends in some commune place and they all wanted to get naked, so I bailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

:rolleyes:
    Mexican food has greatly improved in Dublin the past 5 years or so, but one of the first things I do when I go over to LA for work is go to Yxta on skid row and get a selection of their happy hour tacos. There's a valet and everything and it's literally in the middle of skid row.

I wouldn't probably hang out there at night, but as a "Hollywood elite" who lives half the year in LA I can tell you first hand it's not a "blight on LA", it has quite the vibrant food, music and art scene.

Maybe try not talking absolute ****e about things you don't know anything about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I've spent some time in San Francisco and obviously noticed the homelessness...

(but understood a lot was from people who had served in the military etc mental health etc chatted to some coming and going it's inevitable and never felt in danger - just felt for a lot them tbh)

.... but I thought it was a great city.

I would have thought most people thought it was a great city.

A difference of opinion to some on the thread:

"San Francisco is a proper ****hole apparently"

haha :)

It’s interesting that the most progressive cities are the most unequal though. And racially unequal too as well as having a class structure that would make hard faced Victorian businessmen weep.

SF has more billionaires per capita than anywhere in the US, and a crazy divide between house owners and renters. Most of its left politics is the SJW privilege stuff.

• Advertisement

It’s interesting that the most progressive cities are the most unequal though. And racially unequal too as well as having a class structure that would make hard faced Victorian businessmen weep.

SF has more billionaires per capita than anywhere in the US, and a crazy divide between house owners and renters. Most of its left politics is the SJW privilege stuff.

I'm no expert and not sure what an example of a non progressive city would be. But I've noticed massive divide between rich and poor in all cities I've been to.

Would dubai and Abu Dhabi be classed as progressive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The US has a significant problem with homeless and poor people in every city; it's just most apparent in those cities with wealthier individuals living there. The poor in San Francisco are no less poor than those in Alabama proportionately.

Not true, fake news. One of the leftists on here has been to San Fran and we've been assured it's lovely. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 brian tank

Good left wing analysis of SF here.

All of the absolutely worst poverty in the USA is in Dem run cities, thatt is a fact, so why vote for them?
    The locals must be gluttons for punishment or brainwashed

:rolleyes:

Mexican food has greatly improved in Dublin the past 5 years or so, but one of the first things I do when I go over to LA for work is go to Yxta on skid row and get a selection of their happy hour tacos. There's a valet and everything and it's literally in the middle of skid row.

I wouldn't probably hang out there at night, but as a "Hollywood elite" who lives half the year in LA I can tell you first hand it's not a "blight on LA", it has quite the vibrant food, music and art scene.

Maybe try not talking absolute ****e about things you don't know anything about?

Oh okay. but you wont go there at night. I see. Why’s that? After all, it has quite the vibrant food, music and art scene.

I’m sure you will go there at night, after they gentrify it. So why don’t you stop virtue signaling and talking absolute bull****?

Oh boy has Omar done it again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ilhan-omar-apparently-hit-back-at-rand-paul-with-this-retweet/ar-AAF2q62?c=11430548100852357998&mkt=en-us
    Retweeting a 2017 Tom Arnold tweet gloating about sen. Rand Paul’s assault by his neighbour.

I await Pelosi’s response. Their cry of racist. I expect that Omar might get the same treatment from the dems the republicans have Iowa congressman King.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/ijr.com/trump-didnt-allow-steve-king-fly-iowa-air-force-one/amp/
    President Donald Trump made it clear he has no room for Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) in his political party — or at least on Air Force One.
    King has largely been exiled from the Republican Party for making racist comments during an interview with the New York Times.

Who am I kidding? No they won’t.

Was politics always this childish and twitter is just showing it to us all? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

She's trash, but she's in good company in that "squad".

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    She's trash, but she's in good company in that "squad".

In good company in US politics even?

Advertisement