Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

alastair wrote: »
    The interview is a year old. She was successfully elected to a Congress after the interview. She’s demonstrably in touch with her electorate.
    No she isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Penn wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AkyolinEnglish/status/1154470864332709890

Most people are retracting their criticism of Omar after seeing the full unedited clip of the interview.

Lol is this supposed to be better? If anything it’s worse. She doesn’t even answer the question about 20 Somali refugees going over to fight for isis…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

mad muffin wrote: »
    Lol is this supposed to be better? If anything it’s worse. She doesn’t even answer the question about 20 Somali refugees going over to fight for isis…
    It's great
    Imbeciles like this will get Trump back in!

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's great
    Imbeciles like this will get Trump back in!

If the Dems continue the way they are going. Trump can sleep walk 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What I find more interesting is how quickly people can be played by doctored clips they are fed over social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No she isn't.

Well - let’s tease this out.

She did this interview, along with lots of public expressions of her beliefs across the media. Everyone knows her positions.

The electorate then voted for her to become a Congresswoman.

How exactly is she not in touch with her electorate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

splashuum wrote: »
    Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.

Actually it's frightening to see people like the OP gobble up garbage and the regurgitate in threads. It's quite plain the clip was doctored with an important line removed to change the point which she was making. The issue is we have people like the OP either "gobbling" up these crude lies or deliberately spreading them and setting the narrative.

Couple of other odd accounts jumping in to support the false "radical" narrative being created in the US/Russia. The thing that strikes me is that this is not even well done - it's really crude. What happens with fakery is done well?

meeeeh wrote: »
    What I find more interesting is how quickly people can be played by doctored clips they are fed over social media.

It helps to be a supporter of a low-bar ideology.

It helps to be a supporter of a low-bar ideology.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

meeeeh wrote: »

It's confirmation bias. They started with a particular view. They will grip to anything which the feel gives merit to their position irrespective of the veracity of it.

'Alternative facts' as one of their ilk might say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

No she isn't.
    Do you live in Minnesota's 5th congressional district?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

micosoft wrote: »
    Actually it's frightening to see people like the OP gobble up garbage and the regurgitate in threads. It's quite plain the clip was doctored with an important line removed to change the point which she was making. The issue is we have people like the OP either "gobbling" up these crude lies or deliberately spreading them and setting the narrative.

Couple of other odd accounts jumping in to support the false "radical" narrative being created in the US/Russia. The thing that strikes me is that this is not even well done - it's really crude. What happens with fakery is done well?

Yeah it's interesting how little people pay attention to the sources, make sure they are reliable. Even if we do all this we can be caught like the story of "euthanasia" of that Dutch teenager which was reported in proper media. But to regurgitate some tweet without checking the background is seriously naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You get Worzle Gummidge impersonators in both the White House and Downing Street.
    It has been done 'well'.

You get Worzle Gummidge impersonators in both the White House and Downing Street.
    It has been done 'well'.

Neither elected on a popular franchise however.

No she isn't.

She won her seat 267,703 to 74,440 last year
    https://ballotpedia.org/Minnesota%27s_5th_Congressional_District_election,_2018

You seem to have a profoundly anti-democratic view of the world.... along with an aversion to the facts.

Well - let’s tease this out.

She did this interview, along with lots of public expressions of her beliefs across the media. Everyone knows her positions.

The electorate then voted for her to become a Congresswoman.

How exactly is she not in touch with her electorate?

No she isn't.
    Who was she running against? A conservative called Jennifer Zielinski who was quite frankly mental!

She won in Minnesota which has been a democratic state since 1976!

They would vote for a democratic cucumber.

And I would have voted for her too over Jennifer Zielinski that doesn't mean I don't think Ilhan Omar doesn't have extremist views or that HER views are in line with mine.

Indeed. The tragedy that the Dems are not running on a racist platform that Trump hopes will win him 2020 is profoundly troubling. It says a lot about his supporters and the America of today.

No she isn't.
    Who was she running against? A conservative called Jennifer Zielinski who was quite frankly mental!

And I would have voted for her too over Jennifer Zielinski that doesn't mean I don't think Ilhan Omar doesn't have extremist views or that HER views are in line with mine.

So - her electoral popularity is not a measure of her electoral popularity. Gotcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

She should go to the Border and tell all those caravans of people to turn back then. I'm sick of people like her coming to our Countries and making something of themselves [mostly due to the generosity of the people she's demonizing] and showing no gratitude for it. The only correct response to comments like this is Trump's. " You don't like it here. Get the **** out." You think us White People are horrible.?Stop coming to our Countries.

No she isn't.

Except they have primaries to select the candidate in the US. She won that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Looking forward to the OP's next thread on a US congresswoman/women

I can't wait for the threads about some member of the Knesset or the Duma. That's where the real action is.

And the GOP will re take the House. There's not one Democrat that isn't marinating in crazy anymore. Not one.

She won her seat 267,703 to 74,440 last year
    https://ballotpedia.org/Minnesota%27s_5th_Congressional_District_election,_2018

You seem to have a profoundly anti-democratic view of the world.... along with an aversion to the facts.

No I just have a deeper perception of the reality.
    No she isn't.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    She should go to the Border and tell all those caravans of people to turn back then. I'm sick of people like her coming to our Countries and making something of themselves [mostly due to the generosity of the people she's demonizing] and showing no gratitude for it. The only correct response to comments like this is Trump's. " You don't like it here. Get the **** out." You think us White People are horrible.?Stop coming to our Countries.

The US isn’t a ‘white country’. She’s showing her gratitude to her country by running for public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The US isn’t a ‘white country’. She’s showing her gratitude to her country by running for public office.

But der terk err jerbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

No I just have a deeper perception of the reality.
    Keep telling yourself that.

Except they have primaries to select the candidate in the US. She won that too.

And so did jennifer zielinski

Jennifer-Zielinski-portrait-logo.jpg

She's migrant from Somalia. And Whites built America.

And so did jennifer zielinski

Jennifer-Zielinski-portrait-logo.jpg

Roundly defeated by the popular candidate. Who apparently isn’t in touch with the citizens who voted for her.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    And Whites built America.
    That's silly untrue comment.

Advertisement