Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So wait.

Minnesota's 5th congressional district is predominantly democratic, they voted in the democratic primary for Omar, then overwhelmingly voted for her in the main event and somehow that proves that Omar doesn't represent their views?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    She's migrant from Somalia. And Whites built America.

Riiiight.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

micosoft wrote: »
    Indeed. The tragedy that the Dems are not running on a racist platform that Trump hopes will win him 2020 is profoundly troubling. It says a lot about his supporters and the America of today.

Whites and East Asians are openly discriminated against in college admissions. This is well known, so if the Dems don't address this blatant racism, then yes, they are running on a racist platform in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

alastair wrote: »
    Riiiight.

She was born in Mogadishu and spent her childhood in Somalia. She didn't come to the Us until she was 10. So yes she is a Somalia Migrant.

I forgot. I'm dealing with leftists who believe feelings trump facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Keep telling yourself that.
    Jennifer Zielinski won her primary as did Ilhan Omar

Minnesota has been a democratic state for over 50 yrs.
    Jennifer Zielinski was a disasterous canidate with a disasterous underfunded campaign because the GOP knew they wouldn't win Minnesota anyway.
    Ilhan Omar was only safe in a safe dem seat like Minnesota. If it had been a swing state they wouldn't have risked it.

And it doesn't mean people in Minnesota feel white terrorism is more of a threat than Islamic terrorism. It MIGHT mean they feel people conflate genuine fears about Islamic terrorism with Islamophobia however.

Which is the way Ilan Omar might have expressed it herself if she had the verbal aptitude to do so.

Any American friend I have spoken to who is Democrat feels she is extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

An interview from more than a year ago being regurgitated and edited to remove a particular context is a perfect example of bullsh!t agenda-laden 'journalism'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

She was born in Mogadishu and spent her childhood in Somalia. She didn't come to the Us until she was 10. So yes she is a Somalia Migrant.

Now she's American.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

She is a US citizen of somali origin.

I was referring to your ‘whites built america’ guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Whites built Amerca?

I guess the whole slavery part of American history has now officially been retconned as "fake news"

So wait.

Minnesota's 5th congressional district is predominantly democratic, they voted in the democratic primary for Omar, then overwhelmingly voted for her in the main event and somehow that proves that Omar doesn't represent their views?

:confused:

Why would a democratic district vote for an extreme alt right candidate which is what Jennifer Zielinski was?

They would have voted for any Democrat over any Republican at the best of times an alt right democrat like Zielinski made a sure thing an even surer thing for Dems.

She didn't win because of her views she won because of her party. If anything she won because of the more moderate general view within her party.

Jennifer Zielinski was a disasterous canidate with a disasterous underfunded campaign because the GOP knew they wouldn't win Minnesota anyway.
    Ilhan Omar was only safe in a safe dem seat like Minnesota. If it had been a swing state they wouldn't have risked it.

And it doesn't mean people in Minnesota feel white terrorism is more of a threat than Islamic terrorism. It MIGHT mean they feel people conflate genuine fears about Islamic terrorism with Islamophobia however.

Which is the way Ilan Omar might have expressed it herself if she had the verbal aptitude to do so.

I'm not even sure you know what point you're trying to make at this stage :confused:

BTW I live in California and I don't know anyone who has ever said Omar was "extreme".

Omar defeated five alternative Democratic candidates. Carry on.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whites built Amerca?

I guess the whole slavery part of American history has now officially been retconned as "fake news"

True. But they also have contributed in more ways than just slavery. Not that you ignore that either.

Why would a democratic district vote for an extreme alt right candidate which is what Jennifer Zielinski was?

They would have voted for any Democrat over any Republican at the best of times an alt right democrat like Zielinski made a sure thing an even surer thing for Dems.

She didn't win because of her views she won because of her party. If anything she won because of the more moderate general view within her party.

So you admit she wouldn't have won her primary if the demographic didn't agre with her views. Thanks.

I'm not even sure you know what point you're trying to make at this stage :confused:

BTW I live in California and I don't know anyone who has ever said Omar was "extreme".
    That's all I have heard.

But then every American I heard online was saying 'I don't know anyone voting for Trump etc'.

Then it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

LOL.

Oh wait, you're being serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's like she's trying to get shot and martyred

If that's what you read from it, that's a pretty good case in favour of her point...

This is the dumbest ****ing forum on this website and I am so here for it now that I know it exists.

• Advertisement

So you admit she wouldn't have won her primary if the demographic didn't agre with her views. Thanks.
    No that is totally the opposite of what I just said.

She won IN SPITE of her views not because of them. They are something people are willing to put up with to avoid electing a member of the alt right.

Your deliberate misunderstanding of what I am saying is really just acting spoilt.

She won IN SPITE of her views not because of them. They are something people are willing to put up with to avoid electing a member of the alt right.

Your deliberate misunderstanding of what I am saying is really just acting spoilt.
    Do you understand that she ran against other democrats in the primary?

Pity this theory falls apart when you consider she won the primary too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You do realise the irony of that statement after you totally fell for doctored clip. The fact you are also completely unable to understand how ridiculous and lacking in historical knowledge are your posts is highly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

meeeeh wrote: »
    You do realise the irony of that statement after you totally fell for doctored clip. The fact you are also completely unable to understand how ridiculous and lacking in historical knowledge are your posts is highly entertaining.

Its like a cringy SNL parody of a Trump diehard at this point.

"Whites Built America" is an amazing line.

But they do appear to only get educated by twitter since mainstream = leftist = bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

circadian wrote:
    Oh wait, you're being serious?

Did whites NOT build America?

Do you understand that she ran against other democrats in the primary?

Yes. And Jennifer Zielinski won against other republicans.

It was a closed partisan democratic primary.

What you are saying makes no sense.

As soon as she won the primary all the papers knew she would win because Minnesota never elects republicans.

Its a safe Democratic district.

alastair wrote: »
    Pity this theory falls apart when you consider she won the primary too.
    Its a democratic primary!

Jennifer Zielinksi won her primary!

Everyone built America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

No, the similarities between Europe and the United States are entirely coincidental.

Have a look at Detroit to see the African influence on architecture.

Advertisement