Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Billy Mays wrote: »
    So notobtuse doesn't like US congresswomen criticising the US ally Israel

That's not where the dislike comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Odhinn wrote: »
    You support Israels colonisation of Palestinian areas, outside Israels recognised borders?
    I supported the offer by Israel that included near-total withdrawal from West Bank (that included an offer to compensate the Palestinians with Israeli land equivalent to 5.8 percent of the West Bank to retain 6.3 percent of the territory in order to keep control of major Jewish settlements), along with a link to the Gaza Strip, and placing Jerusalem’s Old City under international control… which was rejected by the PA as their only goal appears to be the destruction of Israel.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

notobtuse wrote: »
    I supported the offer by Israel that included near-total withdrawal from West Bank (that included an offer to compensate the Palestinians with Israeli land equivalent to 5.8 percent of the West Bank to retain 6.3 percent of the territory in order to keep control of major Jewish settlements), along with a link to the Gaza Strip, and placing Jerusalem’s Old City under international control… which was rejected by the PA as their only goal appears to be the destruction of Israel.

Simplistic nonsense, in view of continuing expansion by the Israeli state.

Again - do you support continued Israeli colonialism outside its borders.

You might be more specific with regards the claim that Jerusalem was to be put under international control - when, where etc.

Simplistic nonsense, in view of continuing expansion by the Israeli state.

Again - do you support continued Israeli colonialism outside its borders.

You might be more specific with regards the claim that Jerusalem was to be put under international control - when, where etc.
    I wish they wouldn’t build any new settlements in disputed territories as it makes negotiations for peace much harder.

Here is the information you asked for…
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-admits-he-rejected-2008-peace-offer-from-olmert/

My turn. Do you support the Palestinians launching rockets into Israel that results in the deaths of civilians?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I wish they wouldn’t build any new settlements in disputed territories as it makes negotiations for peace much harder.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-admits-he-rejected-2008-peace-offer-from-olmert/

My turn. Do you support the Palestinians launching rockets into Israel that results in the deaths of civilians?

I'll translate that for you; you wish Israel stopped stealing land because it's wrong and is impeding any peace.

I'm against rockets by the way. Even so Israel is the aggressor here.

• Advertisement

I'm against the targeting of civilians, and to be clear I don't regard settlers as civilians, children exempted.

From your link
    Abbas said he supported the idea of territorial swaps, but that Olmert pressed him into agreeing to the plan without allowing him to study the proposed map.
    “He showed me a map. He didn’t give me a map,” Abbas said. “He told me, ‘This is the map’ and took it away. I respected his point of view, but how can I sign on something that I didn’t receive?”

I've little time for Abbas, but he's right there.

I've little time for Abbas, but he's right there.
    That's the excuse he gives to save face. If I recall correctly from back then he couldn't accept the deal because the PA would have never agreed and he wouldn't be able to deliver on the deal, as the only resolve was the elimination of Israel completely.

That's the excuse he gives to save face. If I recall correctly from back then he couldn't accept the deal because the PA would have never agreed and he wouldn't be able to deliver on the deal, as the only resolve was the elimination of Israel completely.

Nobody would agree to such a deal with the detailed plan withheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Fair play to democrat Jerry Nadler for calling out Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib for their anti-semitism.

At least he's consistent, he calls Trump anti-semitic, as well as the far left 'squad'.

https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/status/1164646317500567552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1164646317500567552&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.haaretz.com%2Fus-news%2Fnadler-criticizes-tlaib-and-omar-for-sharing-controversial-cartoon-1.7735880

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He had to condemn Trump at the same, as it's clear he's finally waking up to what Trump has been saying about the squad and had he not also had a pop at Trump in that tweet it would have effectively just been him saying that Trump was right all along and he couldn't have that. Having a go at Trump too I expect makes him feel like less of a loser.

Classic tweet from Trump after the Mueller report went tits up.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1154909622580449286

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

He had to condemn Trump at the same, as it's clear he's finally waking up to what Trump has been saying about the squad and had he not also had a pop at Trump in that tweet it would have effectively just been him saying that Trump was right all along and he couldn't have that. Having a go at Trump too I expect makes him feel like less of a loser.

This was Trump's plan, working out to marvelous effect.

Make the loonie lefties the face of the democratic party and he will get the centrist vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kimsang wrote: »

Make the loonie lefties the face of the democratic party and he will get the centrist vote.

Yes. He's making the Democrats and their cheerleaders in the media expose themselves as the radicals that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Kimsang wrote: »

Yes a man who thinks airports existed during the American war of independence had a great plan.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Yes a man who thinks airports existed during the American war of independence had a great plan.

Its not his fault that the Left keeps falling for his trolling hook, line and sinker.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its not his fault that the Left keeps falling for his trolling hook, line and sinker.

I'm more the centre to be honest. I don't see how it's trolling the left either? The Trump supporters I know were absolutely mortified when he said that. It's hardly "the left" that looks bad.

I'm more the centre to be honest. I don't see how it's trolling the left either? The Trump supporters I know were absolutely mortified when he said that. It's hardly "the left" that looks bad.

No you're not. You've already proven that in previous posts.

No you're not. You've already proven that in previous posts.

Well we can agree to disagree John! It's worth reminding you I'm Irish and anything Irish is on the left of American politics.

Anyway John it's the poorly educated he loves!

Anyway John it's the poorly educated he loves!

And you wonder why I don't believe you're a centrist. I've seen plenty of uneducated idiots on the Left. If you believe you can choose your then gender then you're not intelligent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Turns out Ilhan Omar does believe in separating families after all.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1166418612996866048

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Totally the same thing alright. Well played. GG. She’ll be at the border tomorrow shoving mammies into the ditch while CBP agents lock their little darlings up in dog kennels, she’ll get a get megalomaniacal guffaw out while it all goes down too.

Gas. "Nothing wrong with caging the childer, ooh look the Dem agrees, the bitch" :):)

Seems you actually can't go home again, Omar. ;) No wonder she pretended to be so upset when a crowd of deplorables chanted "Send them back!" Going back to Somalia could spell big trouble for Omar. Somalia’s Islamist group al-Shabaab has publicly stoned a woman to death in a town for cheating on her husband. I guess Israel would be a better and much safer choice for her... Who’d have thunk. The hypocrisy of Omar knows no bounds. Supposedly married to her brother (a possible immigration scam), then cheating on him with the father of her three children, and now with another married man and father. She spends most of her time in front of a TV camera. Claims to be a devout Muslim and ignores campaign finance laws. When does Omar even have time to do legislature work the people of her Minneapolis district (who seemingly all have had lobotomies) elected her to do? And why is this woman not being investigated by the IRS, DOJ, and virtually every other government agency?

Seems you actually can't go home again, Omar. ;) No wonder she pretended to be so upset when a crowd of deplorables chanted "Send them back!" Going back to Somalia could spell big trouble for Omar. Somalia’s Islamist group al-Shabaab has publicly stoned a woman to death in a town for cheating on her husband. I guess Israel would be a better and much safer choice for her... Who’d have thunk. The hypocrisy of Omar knows no bounds. Supposedly married to her brother (a possible immigration scam), then cheating on him with the father of her three children, and now with another married man and father. She spends most of her time in front of a TV camera. Claims to be a devout Muslim and ignores campaign finance laws. When does Omar even have time to do legislature work the people of her Minneapolis district (who seemingly all have had lobotomies) elected her to do? And why is this woman not being investigated by the IRS, DOJ, and virtually every other government agency?

Could have to do with her being nowhere near as nefarious as your sniveling rant implies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Overheal wrote: »
    Could have to do with her being nowhere near as nefarious as your sniveling rant implies.

She's in trouble. And she knows it. Using campaign funds to pay for trips for her bit on the side.

She's in trouble. And she knows it. Using campaign funds to pay for trips for her bit on the side.

Which is an allegation, not a fact, and peddled by 3 known right wing outlets that either have direct ties to Trump or one of his allies - Washington Examiner, National Review and the Daily Caller. Daily Caller for instance was founded by none other than racist bow tie in a suit, Tucker Carlson.

In June she reimbursed $3500 in misspent funds. No big deal, realistically speaking. In fact many campaigns have minor infractions in their activity that often just get corrected, no criminal or malicious intent ever being alleged or discovered. Whats interesting here is that those outlets are bent up about $21,547 in travel expenses that went to the guys company - the guy they allege (but cannot factually say) is having an affair with Omar.

For direct comparison:

“From Jan. 1 to March 31, Trump’s re-election campaign spent more than $168,000 at Trump companies that he still owns. Among them: the Trump Corporation, Trump Grill, Trump Hotels, Trump Plaza, Trump Restaurants and Trump Tower Commercial.”

https://publicintegrity.org/federal-politics/trump-campaign-spends-big-at-trump-properties-and-feathers-friends-nests/

But the right wing outlets didn’t seem like throwing a flag up about that, did they? Is it less incriminating to enrich yourself than it is to enrich your (alleged) lover - both with campaign funds? Not understanding why one is worthy of derision and the other is laudable. Help me out.

People who defend Donald "grab them by the pussy" Trump on a regular basis expect us to condemn the Ilhan for entering into a consensual relationship?

Seriously we're not that stupid Pete!

And you wonder why I don't believe you're a centrist. I've seen plenty of uneducated idiots on the Left. If you believe you can choose your then gender then you're not intelligent at all.

Well now John you know research states Trump supporters are of lower IQ than the general populace? It's not just education that's at fault. It's have the cognitive wherewithal to deduce that a business man notorious for shady real estate deals and not paying bills isn't going to be the best for the economy of the country.

Well now John you know research states Trump supporters are of lower IQ than the general populace? It's not just education that's at fault. It's have the cognitive wherewithal to deduce that a business man notorious for shady real estate deals and not paying bills isn't going to be the best for the economy of the country.
    That deductive cognitive wherewithal must have a short-circuit because as it turns out Trump was what was best for the economy of the country.

• Advertisement

That deductive cognitive wherewithal must have a short-circuit because as it turns out Trump was what was best for the economy of the country.

You don't follow the stock markets so?
    Him 'ordering' U.S. companies to stop doing business with China...hilarious.
    Dow plummets more than 600 points after Trump orders US manufacturers to leave China

Friday’s decline added to a series of sharp moves down this month. The Nasdaq has now fallen at least 1% six times this month while the Dow has posted five drops of 1% or more. The S&P 500 has closed down 1% or more four times in August. Those moves come as the U.S.-China trade war intensifies while the bond market flashes a recession signal.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/23/us-stocks-wall-street-monitors-speech-from-fed-chair-jerome-powell.html

Advertisement