Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

As long as he sits in the WH he's their man.

Yeah I get that. Once he's on their side etc. It's interesting what people will allow someone on their side do and still protect them.
    It's more about the "winning" than the beliefs and morals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah I get that. Once he's on their side etc. It's interesting what people will allow someone on their side do and still protect them.
    It's more about the "winning" than the beliefs and morals etc.
    It's called 'politics.' Both Dems and Reps are guilty of it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    When have I ever tried to hold Dems to christian values?

As for some Christians and Evangelical support for Trump I believe they’ve come to terms with accepting the good with the bad. They see a president who acts like a bully but is fighting for them. A president who sees America like they do... a menacing place where Christians feel mocked and threatened for their beliefs. And a president who’s against abortion, and who has the economy humming making life better for everyone. In 2019 almost 70% of Evangelicals approve of Trump’s performance in office.

Nope, you've used the right wing tactic of holding them to higher values than your own. The 'not as righteous as they claim to be' scenario.

That's brainwashing or propaganda on your part, based on if you really believe that or not.
    God has no place in politics. Neither does Harry Potter.
    Trump does not stand or live by their alleged values.
    Trump plays the part so he gets their support.
    They support Trump because it works both ways.
    It's low grade. The evangelicals, Christians and other conservatives should at least be honest enough to admit they are hypocrites and their blend of Christianity is merely the name a group used by self centered people with similar wants, like the Republican party. They've no ethics or christian values.

Both Dems and Reps are guilty of it.

It wouldn't be for me now, but whatever you are comfortable with yourself obviously.

It wouldn't be for me now, but whatever you are comfortable with yourself obviously.
    From many of your posts it looks like you are comfortable with it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

From many of your posts it looks like you are comfortable with it.

Nah I wouldn't be able to just support someone because I've decided at one stage that I was on their team.
    I'd need to think for myself. I'd need to call it out.

Nah I wouldn't be able to just support someone because I've decided at one stage that I was on their team.
    I'd need to think for myself. I'd need to call it out.
    I’m looking forward to seeing that put into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nope, you've used the right wing tactic of holding them to higher values than your own.

lol 'Right wing tactics' :P

Yeah, cause the left haven't looked the other way on the actions of the DNC and Hillary Clinton in the lead up the to the 2016 election. Come on would ya. If the left didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.

Had Trump deleted as many emails or bleached as many hard drives and destroyed / couldn't locate as many recently used blackberrys as the Hillary Clinton campaign did, y'all wouldn't have stopped yapping about it but because she did when her opponent was satan himself, it's all but justified in the eyes of lefties.

Deportations of those with citizen children was off the charts under Obama, as was overcrowding and children not having access to showers and being put in "cages" and CNN just filed their nails.

Up in arms about ALLEGED sexual assaults of judges when they were in their teens 25 years ago but yet give standing ovations to the likes of Roman Polanski and Bill Clinton.

Same with crap with Comey this very day (should probably should have it's own thread) as had the head of the FBI leaked documents with the objective of triggering an investigation into a presidential candidate and that candidate was Trump (or any republican) then the left would have lost (and still be losing) their mind over it but again, because of who was running, it's seen as no big deal.

So give it a rest with the nonsense about it being a 'right wing tactic' to hold people to a higher standard than their own when it's a hallmark of the left.

Seems now Omar appears to have drawn a fine line between the fearing and shagging of white men.

So give it a rest with the nonsense about it being a 'right wing tactic' to hold people to a higher standard than their own, it's a hallmark of the left.

Ouch...
    Turns out Ilhan Omar does believe in separating families after all.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1166418612996866048
    Seems now Omar appears to have drawn a fine line between the fearing and shagging of white men.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I never implied Trump was classy. I just pointed out, in response to an attack on Trump here, the one main and importance difference between alleged Trump’s antics and other president’s amorous antics. Trump is a roll around down in the mud scraper. With all the democratic and media grotesque hatred towards GOP presidents that has existed since GW Bush, a bare-knuckle fighter is what is needed. Democrats and the media hate it because they no longer control the entire message stream due to the rise of social media... and why their minions in social media are now working overtime to stifle republican and conservative thought.

Supposedly, DOJ reports about illegalities by democratic appointees in the FBI and DOJ will be coming out soon. Early reporting suggests all four FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign were illegal, based on false information supplied to the FISA Court. And that that Inspector General Michael Horowitz has concluded that all four FISA warrants were illegal from the get-go. It could potentially go all the way up to Obama, while he was in office during the campaign and directly after Trumps win, if communications between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page turn out to be accurate.

I’m torn on what to do about Obama if it turns out to be true he used Stalinistic tactics and weaponized the FBI and DOJ against a political opponent. On one hand if criminal charges are brought against Obama it would tear the country apart more than it already has. On the other hand if nothing is done it opens the door to future abuses by presidents knowing Obama got away with it.

What criminal charges could they bring? You're talking absolute nonsense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeah, cause the left haven't looked the other way on the actions of the DNC and Hillary Clinton in the lead up the to the 2016 election. Come on would ya. If the left didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.

Had Trump deleted as many emails or bleached as many hard drives and destroyed / couldn't locate as many recently used blackberrys as the Hillary Clinton campaign did, y'all wouldn't have stopped yapping about it but because she did when her opponent was satan himself, it's all but justified in the eyes of lefties.

Deportations of those with citizen children was off the charts under Obama, as was overcrowding and children not having access to showers and being put in "cages" and CNN just filed their nails.

Up in arms about ALLEGED sexual assaults of judges when they were in their teens 25 years ago but yet give standing ovations to the likes of Roman Polanski and Bill Clinton.

Same with crap with Comey this very day (should probably should have it's own thread) as had the head of the FBI leaked documents with the objective of triggering an investigation into a presidential candidate and that candidate was Trump (or any republican) then the left would have lost (and still be losing) their mind over it but again, because of who was running, it's seen as no big deal.

So give it a rest with the nonsense about it being a 'right wing tactic' to hold people to a higher standard than their own when it's a hallmark of the left.
    Homeboy here not only doesn't give a **** about Trump's "alleged" sexual crimes, infidelities (etc.) being true... in fact, I believe he thinks they are true and respects him more because of them.

Just another poor, blue-collar American voting against their own financial interest because they are such an incel they see Trump as some anti-PC sex icon who does what he wants to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I don't think Pete even is an American which makes his massive hard on for Trump even more bizarre

Maybe I'm wrong though

What criminal charges could they bring? You're talking absolute nonsense here.
    The FBI has an obligation to certify to the court before it approves FISA warrants that its evidence is verified, and to alert the judges to any flaws in its evidence or information that suggest the target might be innocent. The bureau, under a Democratic-controlled Justice Department, sought a warrant to spy on the duly nominated GOP candidate for president in the final weeks of the 2016 election, based on evidence that was generated under a contract paid by his political opponent. That evidence, the Steele dossier, was not fully vetted by the bureau and was deemed unverified. They planted a spy in the Trump administration, they lied to federal courts not once but four times in order to get a counterintelligence warrant. You had the Hillary campaign, democrats, and the Obama administration and his appointed flunkies in the FBI and DOJ trying to take out the Republican candidate for president of the United States. These are high crimes with criminal consequences. What charges could they be facing? I’m not sure but it has the potential for some of these bad actors spending decades behind bars.

But will charges be forthcoming? Probably not as it would tear the country apart even more than it already is. I think what we will probably see is a push by the deep state to admonish the bad actors in public, but whitewash their crimes and merely just put toothless new laws into effect that crimes of the Obama administration, his flunkies, Clinton and the democrats must not happen again. Sadly I predict like democrats and never-Trumpers will get away with their high crimes. Sad state of affairs, IMO.

The FBI has an obligation to certify to the court before it approves FISA warrants that its evidence is verified, and to alert the judges to any flaws in its evidence or information that suggest the target might be innocent. The bureau, under a Democratic-controlled Justice Department, sought a warrant to spy on the duly nominated GOP candidate for president in the final weeks of the 2016 election, based on evidence that was generated under a contract paid by his political opponent. That evidence, the Steele dossier, was not fully vetted by the bureau and was deemed unverified. They planted a spy in the Trump administration, they lied to federal courts not once but four times in order to get a counterintelligence warrant. You had the Hillary campaign, democrats, and the Obama administration and his appointed flunkies in the FBI and DOJ trying to take out the Republican candidate for president of the United States. These are high crimes with criminal consequences. What charges could they be facing? I’m not sure but it has the potential for some of these bad actors spending decades behind bars.

But will charges be forthcoming? Probably not as it would tear the country apart even more than it already is. I think what we will probably see is a push by the deep state to admonish the bad actors in public, but whitewash their crimes and merely just put toothless new laws into effect that crimes of the Obama administration, his flunkies, Clinton and the democrats must not happen again. Sadly I predict like democrats and never-Trumpers will get away with their high crimes. Sad state of affairs, IMO.

Ivanka did worse email wise than Hillary. You'd be cool with folk chanting 'Lock her up'? Herself and her hubby are involved in high stakes issues/meetings. They are not qualified. As an American, you cool with that? Trump will likely be having the next G7 and his resort, you think that's okay? He wants Putin there despite him not back tracking/pulling out of the Ukraine, that sound with you? Nothing to see there?

Ivanka did worse email wise than Hillary. You'd be cool with folk chanting 'Lock her up'? Herself and her hubby are involved in high stakes issues/meetings. They are not qualified. As an American, you cool with that? Trump will likely be having the next G7 and his resort, you think that's okay? He wants Putin there despite him not back tracking/pulling out of the Ukraine, that sound with you? Nothing to see there?
    High fly ball hit to left field... caught at the fence... you're outa there!

High fly ball hit to left field... caught at the fence... you're outa there!

So you won't respond. Okay. I'll take that as a homer ;)

So you won't respond. Okay. I'll take that as a homer ;)
    It has more oomph than ‘swing and a miss.’ Looks like you’re trying to compare a tribal uprising to WW2. Lets deal with the high crimes that seem to have been committed by Hillary, Obama and his flunkies in the FBI and DOJ, first, then we’ll look at your public enemy number one… Ivanka.

It has more oomph than ‘swing and a miss.’ Looks like you’re trying to compare a tribal uprising to WW2. Lets deal with the high crimes that seem to have been committed by Hillary, Obama and his flunkies in the FBI and DOJ, first, then we’ll look at your public enemy number one… Ivanka.

Hey, as a non Republican, Hillary is of little interest to me.
    Ivanka is colouring state policy on the world stage. The pro Trump petty obsession is not very interesting or relevant to me. How she fares, ongoing, won't make much of any difference to anything except Trumps ego I guess.
    Seems scoring points against the Dems is more important than the welfare of your country.
    Ivanka did a lot more than Hillary email wise. You go ignore that ;)

Hey, as a non Republican, Hillary is of little interest to me.
    Ivanka is colouring state policy on the world stage. The pro Trump petty obsession is not very interesting or relevant to me. How she fares, ongoing, won't make much of any difference to anything except Trumps ego I guess.
    Seems scoring points against the Dems is more important than the welfare of your country.
    Ivanka did a lot more than Hillary email wise. You go ignore that ;)
    So, Ivanka did a lot more than Hillary email wise and the pro Trump obsession is not very interesting, but anti-s Trump obsession seems to get your rocks off. How is Ivanka's email thing worse than Hillary's?... Oh, never mind. I see you're not from the US, but those kind of comments makes me wonder if they're originating from the Twilight Zone.

• Advertisement

Any good links to Ivanka's email story?

The latest news from a member of The Squad and their march to destroy the US... Omar is now demanding that the United Nations take control of the US border with Mexico, which would represent a direct violation of US sovereignty and fundamentally weaken America’s national security. She has also called for the elimination of the entire Department of Homeland Security, which was tasked with dealing with threats to the nation following 9/11. So, a congresswoman who has been implicated on immigration fraud suspicion by possibly marrying her brother to scam the process, and who was accused this week of having an affair with a married man, lectures us about "moral high ground." This would be funny if it wasn't so serious as her and her ilk are the future of the Democratic Party, folks.

The latest news from a member of The Squad and their march to destroy the US... Omar is now demanding that the United Nations take control of the US border with Mexico, which would represent a direct violation of US sovereignty and fundamentally weaken America’s national security. She has also called for the elimination of the entire Department of Homeland Security, which was tasked with dealing with threats to the nation following 9/11. So, a congresswoman who has been implicated on immigration fraud suspicion by possibly marrying her brother to scam the process, and who was accused this week of having an affair with a married man, lectures us about "moral high ground." This would be funny if it wasn't so serious as her and her ilk are the future of the Democratic Party, folks.

The rantings of a far right youtuber.

The rantings of a far right youtuber.
    Who?

Who?

Your post is at the level of a far right youtuber. As sensible as.
    The latest news from a member of The Squad and their march to destroy the US

Actually there's a whiff of Glen Beck off of it. Tears to follow?

ted-nugent-on-the-simpsons.png

Your post is at the level of a far right youtuber. As sensible.

There's a whiff of Glen Beck off of it.

Ah, now I understand. You're engaging in moral malpractice... Accuse someone of something, without evidence, and it must be true, eh?

• Advertisement

'Town Hall', a 'news' outlet owned and operated by Salem Media, whose board and affiliates includes a bible ministry, an anti-abortion group, and a country club among other groups.

Advertisement