Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    His own Twitter account does this IMHO.

Particularly enjoying his hurricane Dorian map :)

That's supposedly illegal and he did it more than once the buffoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

That's supposedly illegal

What is - tampering with the document(i.e. the map)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

A nothing response.
    Is the 'liberal media' any outlet that makes Trump look bad for being Trump? I'd call that 'the media'.
    I’m sure you would 'the media,' as those on the left are the only group that has a favorable opinion of the media here. The trust in mass media is just slightly above an all time low regarding their confidence that the mass media will report the news fully, accurately and fairly.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What is - tampering with the document(i.e. the map)?

Giving false weather reports seemingly.
    "Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both," the statute reads.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-may-have-broken-law-by-altering-hurricane-dorian-map-2019-9
    notobtuse wrote: »
    I’m sure you would 'the media,' as those on the left are the only group that has a favorable opinion of the media here. The trust in mass media is just slightly above an all time low regarding their confidence that the mass media will report the news fully, accurately and fairly.

The media is Trump's enemy because he lies constantly. Most people will take on board a few respected outlets and make their own opinions.
    The idea that 'the left' owns all the media conglomerates in the world is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

You just didn't like my answer, eh? Some people can't handle the truth, apparently.

What criminal charges can be brought about for violation of the Espionage Act? 20 years imprisonment and fines up to $10,000, I believe.

The key dirty players, from most reports, who participated in political surveillance masquerading as national security, involve political appointees from the executive branch involve Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Baker, Rice, Power, McCabe, Yates, Strzok, and Rosenstein, so far. All reports I’ve read indicate there was a deliberate, multi-pronged effort to use the government’s most powerful tools to undermine a free and fair election, and after Trump was elected to try and unseat him, by the cast of characters listed. And it could even reach all the way up to Obama and Biden if a key text between Strzok and Page, that “The White House is running this”, is determined to be credible.

I hope Barr throws the book at them all.
    You haven't outlined a single example of a violation of the Espionage Act. You're not even good at armchair lawyering. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Just to save everyone else reading some valuable time before that poster comes back with more verbal diarrhea, the Espionage Act does not cover political espionage internally as a crime.

Funny enough, remember that photo Trump released last week of the military installation which had a failed rocket launch, that probably actually is a crime pursuant to the Espionage Act, 18 U.S. Code § 797.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The POTUS can unilaterally declassify things I believe, according to the OLC

Alarming news about the media’s darling (and member of the far left ‘Squad’) congresswoman. It’s a sure bet our US biased media won’t be reporting on this until/if it gets to a point where they are forced to. An investigation into these claims is definitely warranted, despite it not being Trump and Russia. And if it is determined she’s a traitor then all resources the government has at their disposal should be unleashed against her.
    Qatar “recruited Ilhan Omar from even way before she thought about becoming a government official… They groomed her and arranged the foundation, the grounds, for her to get into politics way before she even showed interest. They convinced her,” he added.

The deposition shows he further told the court that, during a 2017 meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Omar swore allegiance to him. At the time she was a junior state representative in Minnesota.

Omar was said to also have passed information to Qatar which was subsequently handed along to Iran, and was actively involved in recruiting other American politicians to likewise work for the west Asian Islamic country, Bender testified.

“The best thing money can buy is American officials, because they are the cheapest of the cheapest-costing officials in the world,” the Qatari officials were said to have told him.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Ilhan-Omar-working-for-Qatar-Florida-court-hears-609003

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Not even Fox is running with that Bull Shít story.

0/10

Boggles wrote: »
    Not even Fox is running with that Bull Shít story.

0/10
    Not surprising since Rupert Murdoch's liberal son Lachlan took over Fox News. Disregarding FNC’s pundits, their news division seems to now be embracing the Resistance. It’s still news and worth reporting.

• Advertisement

Alarming news about the media’s darling (and member of the far left ‘Squad’) congresswoman. It’s a sure bet our US biased media won’t be reporting on this until/if it gets to a point where they are forced to. An investigation into these claims is definitely warranted, despite it not being Trump and Russia. And if it is determined she’s a traitor then all resources the government has at their disposal should be unleashed against her.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Ilhan-Omar-working-for-Qatar-Florida-court-hears-609003

You're talking such fake stirring nonsense it can't possibly be a genuine thought of your own. It's agenda driven.
    First off this is an Irish site, you are ****ting on to the wrong people. Most of us wouldn't know who she was only for you bringing her up.
    Secondly, the squad is old news, move on.
    Thirdly, 'far left', by U.S. standards, we call right leaning.
    Fourthly, nobody takes your 'media' sources owned by far right conservative religious extremists seriously and even if true, she's not a patch on the treasonous self interested Trump who couldn't give two f***s about your democracy.
    Cop on.
    I see Trump gave a dog a medal there, the idiot. That's cool though...

You're talking such fake stirring nonsense it can't possibly be a genuine thought of your own. It's agenda driven.
    First off this is an Irish site, you are ****ting on to the wrong people. Most of us wouldn't know who she was only for you bringing her up.
    Secondly, the squad is old news, move on.
    Thirdly, 'far left', by U.S. standards, we call right leaning.
    Fourthly, nobody takes your 'media' sources owned by far right conservative religious extremists seriously and even if true, she's not a patch on the treasonous self interested Trump who couldn't give two f***s about your democracy.
    Cop on.
    I see Trump gave a dog a medal there, the idiot. That's cool though...
    Perhaps you should take your own advice and stick to only commenting about Irish news.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and stick to only commenting about Irish news.

You are not reporting news. You know that right?

You are not reporting news. You know that right?
    The Jerusalem Post is not a news reporting entity? I bet that’s news to them.

Give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Not surprising since Rupert Murdoch's liberal son Lachlan took over Fox News. Disregarding FNC’s pundits, their news division seems to now be embracing the Resistance. It’s still news and worth reporting.

:pac:

The Jerusalem Post is not a news reporting entity? I bet that’s news to them.

Give it up.

You quote peoples blogs ffs. Fox isn't a news outlet either. Give over. It's pantomime only the foolish get sucked into. Sell crazy some place else ;)

FINALLY!

Congresswoman and anti-American/anti-Semitic democrat Ilhan Omar appears to be under investigation by the FBI, the Department of Education, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for "a breathtaking number of possible immigration-related felonies."

Justice seems to have taken its own sweet time about it. Hopefully justice will be served soon.

And then there were three?

FINALLY!

Congresswoman and anti-American/anti-Semitic democrat Ilhan Omar appears to be under investigation by the FBI, the Department of Education, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for "a breathtaking number of possible immigration-related felonies."

Justice seems to have taken its own sweet time about it. Hopefully justice will be served soon.

And then there were three?

Do you see anything odd? I've put it in bold.
    An anti-american, american, Anti-democrat, after being elected through the democratic process, to the US Congress. Claims of antisemitism aside, that's a pretty loaded and silly comment right there.

Trump University, kids doing deals in china during the US/China trade war, free passes all round ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very ironic given Trump forgets everything he tweeted before he was president.

• Advertisement

That's a sharp cut and out of context.
    He is a dangerous crazed individual.
    If he recalls, at the time everyone was venting at Sadaam and Iraq.

Do you see anything odd? I've put it in bold.
    An anti-american, american, Anti-democrat, after being elected through the democratic process, to the US Congress. Claims of antisemitism aside, that's a pretty loaded and silly comment right there.

Trump University, kids doing deals in china during the US/China trade war, free passes all round ;)
    You're right, I forgot anti-law abiding. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Speaking of anti-law abiding
    Former New York Congressman Chris Collins, who was the first member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign, has been sentenced to 26 months in federal prison after being convicted on charges of insider trading and lying to law enforcement officials. Collins, a three-term Republican from upstate New York, resigned last October and pleaded guilty to the charges. He and his son were arrested in August 2018, but Collins refused to stand down from his House campaign and narrowly won re-election months later even after having been indicted. California Rep. Duncan Hunter, who had joined Collins as the other Congressman to endorse Trump early on in 2016, just pleaded guilty to campaign finance crimes and resigned from congress 10 days ago.
    This is a different Hunter to the one usually mentioned as being corrupt on here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can't wait for Omar to be booted out of Congress
    She is very much part of the problem with democrat America.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Omar might have some competition next time , a much more positive individual

https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1218259425162616834

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Apparently once again I was correct and the majority here were wrong... Not that they’ll ever admit it. Seems some serious immigration illegal laws were broken, and add to that terroristic threats and payoffs. But being a democrat she'll claim victimhood and probably not face any jail time or fines.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/rep-ilhan-omars-reign-of-terror-to-suppress-the-truth-about-her-marriages/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Apparently once again I was correct and the majority here were wrong... Not that they’ll ever admit it. Seems some serious immigration illegal laws were broken, and add to that terroristic threats and payoffs. But being a democrat she'll claim victimhood and probably not face any jail time or fines.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/rep-ilhan-omars-reign-of-terror-to-suppress-the-truth-about-her-marriages/

Pjmedia, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That's a lazy response give the article is clearly not merely an opinion piece and cites comments made by Abdihakim Osman and Abdi Nur.

No doubt you'll just condemn the DM when linked with the source article also ... but that too would be lazy as again, not an opinion piece.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8013283/Ilhan-Omar-DID-marry-brother-reveals-Somali-community-leader.html

I see Congresswoman Ilhan Omar just married her political consultant (whom she has been paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to out of her campaign funds) that she has been denying in public to having an affair with while they both were married to others. I guess this still classifies as a step up for the Congresswoman from being married to her own brother. How is this woman still in Congress?

(And for those who demand proof, Proof, PROOF... just go to Omar's Instagram account and see for yourselves.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ah, that's nice. Congrats to them both.

Advertisement