Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

She does.

How many death threats a week do you think she gets from White nationalists?

She wouldn't be human if she didn't.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

alastair wrote: »
    I’m opposed to blowhard guff being presented as fact. That’s my go-to.

I love how quickly you are to dismiss racism as real. I look forward to your replies in a similar manor the next time a black or brown person claims such.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

She does.

How many death threats a week do you think she gets from White nationalists?

She wouldn't be human if she didn't.

I'd say she despises white nationalists then. Or maybe just those that espouse threats towards her or others.

A girl broke my heart once. I don't hate all girls as a result of this though.
    Do you see how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dense it is then. Morto for you.
    Did you just post a death threat?:confused:

I love how quickly you are to dismiss racism as real. I look forward to your replies in a similar manor the next time a black or brown person claims such.
    Are people racist against white people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mad muffin wrote: »
    Whites who opened their country to her. Gave her an education. Then voted her to high office.

It’s not a white country. She’s an American. The electorate is not comprised of white voters - it’s comprised of American voters.

I mean, clearly and unambiguously not.

Jaysus. You’re really not the sharpest tool, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

'The Squad' are starting to take on another title “The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.” It might be a disingenuous title but in political circles very effective at times... especially for those who don’t follow politics much, but do vote.

It’s a no-brainer Omar won the general election. Minnesota has the highest Somali population in the United States, with current population estimates over 100,000. Minnesota's 5th congressional district is 100% urban and strongly Democratic - by far the most Democratic district in the state. Republicans have not tallied more than 40% of the vote in almost half a century. Her district is also referred to as the ‘Terror-Recruiting Capital Of The US.’

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I'd say she despises white nationalists then. Or maybe just those that espouse threats towards her or others.

A girl broke my heart once. I don't hate all girls as a result of this though.
    Do you see how this works?

There are men who hate all girls though because one broke their heart.

Or men who feel slightly more reluctant now to date etc.

Or men who don't want to hate women who might let the odd sexist view or sentence in.

Omar is like one of them. She isn't bad person she just human.

• Advertisement

Morto = Dublin (Irish) slang for being mortified on someones behalf.

Hate having to explain this but I think it is necessary in case some people are inclined to misunderstand.

Jaysus. You’re really not the sharpest tool, are you?

You did. You said 'death' to you.

And you called me dense.
    Are people racist against white people?

Some black people are. Not most thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,000 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I hope you will respond in such a comical factor the next time somebody claims racism is occuring against black / brown people.

Either all racism is bad or none of it is, if you think being racist against white people is less serious or doesn't happen at all then youre just as bad as anyone you consider racist.

They will dismiss it as bluster when the victims are white, but when black people are targeted in a similar manner they turn to SJW screeching.

You can't debate with people like that.

There are men who hate all girls though because one broke their heart.

Or men who feel slightly more reluctant now to date etc.

Or men who don't want to hate women who might let the odd sexist view or sentence in.

Omar is like one of them. She isn't bad person she just human.

All the bit in bold is individual behaviour. Not common or definitive.

You are assuming Omar is behaving in a particular way because of your train of thought, not because of any evidence through words or behaviour from her.

I dismiss blowhards as the waste of time they are. Cheers.

So you believe that "some black people" discriminate against white people on the basis that they believe that white people are unequal and/or inferior to black people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It’s not a white country. She’s an American. The electorate is not comprised of white voters - it’s comprised of American voters.

You are correct. What I meant was America, which is majority white.

notobtuse wrote: »
    It’s a no-brainer Omar won the general election. Minnesota has the highest Somali population in the United States, with current population estimates over 100,000. Minnesota's 5th congressional district is 100% urban and strongly Democratic - by far the most Democratic district in the state. Republicans have not tallied more than 40% of the vote in almost half a century. Her district is also referred to as the ‘Terror-Recruiting Capital Of The US.’ by extremely right wing news outlets including Fox News and the Daily Wire.

Added the bit in bold so your post would contain some bit of truth.

So you believe that "some black people" discriminate against white people on the basis that they believe that white people are unequal and/or inferior to black people?
    Yes but most oftener other minorities like asians for instance. And by some I mean a small minority.

Anyone can be racist against anyone.

You did. You said 'death' to you.

And you called me dense.

I’m beginning to grasp the real comprehension bottleneck here.

• Advertisement

I thought this was going to be fun, but it turns out it is just pathetic. SMH.

There you go again. You can't stop all the while pretending you are being civil when clearly you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That would be a form of racism but by no means the only one.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a narrow definition, where racism is related to power, a definition used only by a small clique is relevant or used by most others.

You’re still doing it. 🙄

Just barely... white, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 61.3% including foreign-born white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Let me get out that tiny violin for the real victims. ����������

Yeah, cause drumming up hatred against whites is so funny and never has negative consequences.

https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness/status/751401002410971137
    https://twitter.com/AshorDeKelaita/status/1130736521269645312

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

She said they needed to fear white men and she said she feared white men.

If she fears the white man than she can go back to her s**t hole country of Somalia, no white men to fear there.

notobtuse wrote: »
    It’s a no-brainer Omar won the general election. Minnesota has the highest Somali population in the United States

We have a winner, beat me to this fact

and we can all thank the Dems Clinton and Obama for importing these "refugees" from countries that absolutely hate us

Danzy wrote: »
    That would be a form of racism but by no means the only one.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a narrow definition, where racism is related to power, a definition used only by a small clique is relevant or used by most others.
    Personally, I think the people claiming there is racism should outline what they mean by it. White people being sad over their perception of "racism" is fine but not when compared to systemic and definable racism as I pointed out.

There you go again. You can't stop all the while pretending you are being civil when clearly you are not.

When did I claim to be civil? I’m just pointing out that you clearly have some basic comprehension challenges, which explain your bizarre interpretation of the comments made by Omar.

• Advertisement

Not exactly. What the poster pointed out, quite civilly, is that you do not have the intellect to comprehend the topic being discussed.

You might disagree with their view, but, they are entitled to have it and expressed it quite politely after you provided several pieces of evidence to support their opinion.

I don't mean to be rude, but you frequently seem more interested in being involved in the conversation than understanding it.

Advertisement