Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswoman states America should be "more fearful of white men"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I thought this was going to be fun, but it turns out it is just pathetic. SMH.

Are you guys done insulting me ( a leftist who hates trump) while at the same time taking the moral high ground?

Still insist your posting style is reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If she fears the white man than she can go back to her s**t hole country of Somalia, no white men to fear there.
    I'm sure most places in Somalia are less of a ****hole that vast swaths of the US.
    and we can all thank the Dems Clinton and Obama for importing these "refugees" from countries that absolutely hate us
    Are you suggesting there were no refugees coming to the US before President Clinton?

Not exactly. What the poster pointed out, quite civilly, is that you do not have the intellect to comprehend the topic being discussed.

You might disagree with their view, but, they are entitled to have it and expressed it quite politely after you provided several pieces of evidence to support their opinion.

I don't mean to be rude, but you frequently seem more interested in being involved in the conversation than understanding it.

That's not rude. Thank you for expressing yourself civilly.

I have a degree in Philosophy and Law. I assure I am capable of understanding the situation.

But please carry on telling people who are undecided or in the middle they are stupid.

Are you guys done insulting me ( a leftist who hates trump) while at the same time taking the moral high ground?

Still insist your posting style is reasonable?
    I didn't insult you in the quoted post. You bestowed that upon yourself for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I have a degree in Philosophy and Law. I assure I am capable of understanding the situation.

But please carry on telling people who are undecided or in the middle they are stupid.

Your statements in this thread paint you as stupid. I’d seek a refund on your degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

alastair wrote: »
    You’re still doing it. 🙄
    Just barely... white, non-Hispanic or Latino population make up 61.3% including foreign-born white people.

The population of Minnesota is over 80 percent white. What does that tell you about whites opening up to Omar? The big bad white boogman that voted her in.

Your virtue signaling doesn’t pass water with me.

The UCD one? I've genuinely never met anyone who did that course.

mad muffin wrote: »
    The population of Minnesota is over 80 percent white. What does that tell you about whites opening up to Omar? The big bad white boogman that voted her in.

So clearly she's not afraid of white people nor are they afraid of her.

Thanks for helping make my point.

I'm sure most places in Somalia are less of a ****hole that vast swaths of the US.

Are you suggesting there were no refugees coming to the US before President Clinton?

You would be wrong on the first place Somalia is a third world country. Considering Ilhan Omar fled there as a refugee it actually seems a silly comment to make.

Whether or not refugees increased during a certain presidents term isn't really a fair judge of that president. Refugee numbers are affected by several factors beyond a US presidents control such as world conflict etc. Obama had many more numbers to deal with. You don't need to answer to this.

So clearly she's not afraid of white people nor are they afraid of her.

Thanks for helping make my point.

Then why did she make her comment?

If she doesn't believe it then it really wasn't worth saying and incredibly stupid.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »

It says that the fabricated guff claiming that Omar said anyone should fear white men is, eh, so much fabricated guff.

If she doesn't believe it then it really wasn't worth saying and incredibly stupid.

There’s another possibility that hasn’t struck you yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I thought this was going to be fun, but it turns out it is just pathetic. SMH.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sadly, I fear we will be subject to this type of nonsense for a very, very long time.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Your statements in this thread paint you as stupid. I’d seek a refund on your degree.
    Its not me comparing war torn somalia to vast areas of the united states mate.

Nah i'm good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think some of you should lay off Twitter. Also what this with constant desire to feel prosecuted. I don't think image of man who suffers quietly and stoically was healthy but this new version of whingers are pretty disappointing.

That's a wonderfully backhanded way of telling someone to 'man up' :P

Edit: In fairness to her, and from the sounds of things, it's less about the race politics and more about the Islamic thing. And she is right. The militant side of what is now White terrorism (and in the past was Black Panther terrorism) is a bigger and rising problem as the income inequality rises in America.

Maybe I'm distracted by her cute fashion. That necklace with the jacket and turban is seriously a cool combo.

notobtuse wrote: »

Sadly, I fear we will be subject to this type of nonsense for a very, very long time.

That's harsh.

Consider upping your game then. Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

not really but there a few places like Detroit that was built by the whites and torn down and destroyed by the blacks.
    Chicago is on its way to the same demise

It says that the fabricated guff claiming that Omar said anyone should fear white men is, eh, so much fabricated guff.
    She said it literally. I heard her. It's in the video.

She said America should fear white nationalist terrorism more than Islamic terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

not really but there a few places like Detroit that was built by the whites and torn down and destroyed by the blacks.
    Chicago is on its way to the same demise

.......nothing to do with the collapse of the US car industry...?

• Advertisement

Its not me comparing war torn somalia to vast areas of the united states mate.

Nah i'm good.

Again - your comprehension challenges get in your way. It’s not me either.

You would be wrong on the first place Somalia is a third world country. Considering Ilhan Omar fled there as a refugee it actually seems a silly comment to make.
    I've physically been to places in the US worse than many third world cities. Detroit being one of them. I live 6 months of the year in LA and have driven around in Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona and there are some extremely impoverished towns there. That's not even mentioning the issues in Alabama, Arkansas, and many former coal-mining towns.
    Whether or not refugees increased during a certain presidents term isn't really a fair judge of that president. Refugee numbers are affected by several factors beyond a US presidents control such as world conflict etc. Obama had many more numbers to deal with. You don't need to answer to this.
    You seem to be falsely attributing a statement to me. Not something they teach in law school as I would know.

Consider upping your game then. Just a suggestion.
    My game is played at a pretty high level... thank you very much.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

She didn't. Easy as that.

She said America should fear white nationalist terrorism more than Islamic terrorism.

Yes. And?

I didn't say I was going anywhere did I?

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre statement Ilhan Omar claims Americans should be more fearful of white men. These comment are totally incorrect seeming as the homicide rate committed by black men is soaring. Its frightening to see people gobble up her garbage.
    I firmly believe she could play a major factor in getting Trump re-elected due to her radical views.

https://twitter.com/mollyfprince/status/1154039284950716419

Actually people should be more afraid of white men. We should be racially profiling ..white men ..

That is what she ACTUALLY said.

She wants to racially profile white men to seek out white nationalism.

Oh, crap... No you didn't! There's always hope, though.

You're very welcome as far as I am concerned. Its good to debate. :) And yeah it's fun :)

• Advertisement

Which is not what you said she said earlier. I'm starting to doubt this law degree thing... please tell me you're not a practising lawyer. :(

Advertisement