Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant potatoes now?

Options
  • 25-07-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Would I get a crop of potatoes this year if I planted some now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

New potatoes for Christmas if you planted them in a polytunnel or greenhouse, otherwise probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Red Duke of York are perfect to plant now. There are a few others too. You will need a raised bed or ridge to help with drainage if we get a wet Autumn.

I'm planting cassablanca in the next week. No idea if they will work but I'm.going to try anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Red Duke of York are perfect to plant now. There are a few others too. You will need a raised bed or ridge to help with drainage if we get a wet Autumn.

I'm planting cassablanca in the next week. No idea if they will work but I'm.going to try anyway

May I ask where you can pick up these seed varieties, might try aswell thanks? Everywhere online seems out of stock

vicwatson wrote: »
    May I ask where you can pick up these seed varieties, might try aswell thanks?

Got mine on Amazon. Took ages to arrive. Try a few online gardening shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Possibly indoors, must be protected from frost, the blight challenge will be extremely high as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Possibly indoors, must be protected from frost, the blight challenge will be extremely high as well.

Would there be a higher chance of blight in autumn or because they are indoor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bizidea wrote: »
    Would there be a higher chance of blight in autumn or because they are indoor

Autumn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Autumn

Bluestone

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Kept some premier potatoes from earlier this year going to see if I can grow them for xmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement