Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor AU Season 6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So was 20.

I think this is the best season of Survivor I've ever seen (including all US series, which I've watched from the start).

The challenges are great and the skullduggery is fantastic.

The US version could learn from this, I think.

21 was another good one. Sorry to see that person go (no spoilers) - I think they played a great game.

3 left, finale next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Mr E wrote: »
    21 was another good one. Sorry to see that person go (no spoilers) - I think they played a great game.

3 left, finale next Tuesday.

I was delighted with who got kicked out :D
    Luke even closer now yay. Just needs to win the challenges :eek:

22. OMG That was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

norabattie wrote: »
    22. OMG That was fantastic

Excellent episode. My hubbie doesn't really follow it but was well into the plot and twists of it all. Well played

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Excellent episode. My hubbie doesn't really follow it but was well into the plot and twists of it all. Well played

Wish my hubby was into it. I've no one to share my excitement with only you guys .:)

22 - what....the.....f!
    Didn't see that coming.

What did Luke whisper to Abbey?

Fantastic episode. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Wish my hubby was into it. I've no one to share my excitement with only you guys .:)

My hubby loves it. I've gotten him into all my reality stuff bless him! Aussie version is so much better. The swearing adds to it I think. Also the host is likeable and the extra length let's you really get into the characters.
    They had an ad for Australian Amazing Race running on the last episode. Hope that's as good as survivor. Love TAR

pooch90 wrote: »
    They had an ad for Australian Amazing Race running on the last episode. Hope that's as good as survivor. Love TAR

Oh missed that! Just finished Canadian one.

Oh missed that! Just finished Canadian one.

Just starting the finale 😂

• Advertisement

Never seen the Amazing Race. Excellent - off to see if I can get my hands on that next. I'm running out of things to watch lol

Never seen the Amazing Race. Excellent - off to see if I can get my hands on that next. I'm running out of things to watch lol

American one has 31 seasons and I think Canada has 7 - so you have plenty to catch up on :)

American one has 31 seasons and I think Canada has 7 - so you have plenty to catch up on :)

Starting with the most recent season of the Canadian one and I'll go from there :D

TAR is great. Think it has the best format of all the shows. Prefer that the US version go to different countries. Also, anyone who hasn't watched The Challenge, it's drama filled. Love it!

TAR is great. Think it has the best format of all the shows. Prefer that the US version go to different countries. Also, anyone who hasn't watched The Challenge, it's drama filled. Love it!

What are you guys doing to me? :D
    It's actually been great, having so much stuff to watch while waiting for all the shows to come back in October.

What are you guys doing to me? :D
    It's actually been great, having so much stuff to watch while waiting for all the shows to come back in October.

You need to go back about 4 seasons if you start the challenge.

Last episode of survivor was awesome. Final 4 now!

Ah well - I'm sad :(

23 - tough tribal. Right choice by those who were left though.

Staying away from here until after I've watched the finale. Enjoy! :)

OMG I was crying when Luke and Pia were talking on the beach. I really hope Janine gives Luke a big wad of cash!

OMG I was crying when Luke and Pia were talking on the beach. I really hope Janine gives Luke a big wad of cash!

Devastated for him to be honest. What did you guys think of the final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

They all kept Baden around because he was an easy beat in the final, couldn't see him beating anyone of the jury.

Credit to him for winning the final immunity to put something on his CV but it was inevitable Pia would eat him alive in the final. Had he carried Harry to the final, it would have been the same outcome.

Devastated for Luke! Was a tough watch but had to happen.

To be honest, I didn't really care after Luke got knocked out. Pia did very well in the final tribal though. She got her claws into Baden a few times, which i didn't expect (nor did Baden!) Janine was like an interviewer trying encourage Pia to sell herself.
    Baden really thought the final immunity would be a feather in hs cap but I reckon Pia could've outlasted him if she didn't know she was safe. She just wanted to beat Harry.
    I think the jury had so many deserving winners (Luke, Harry, Abbey, Janine, even Dave) that it was a but of a let down with who got to final 2.

To be honest, I didn't really care after Luke got knocked out. Pia did very well in the final tribal though. She got her claws into Baden a few times, which i didn't expect (nor did Baden!) Janine was like an interviewer trying encourage Pia to sell herself.
    Baden really thought the final immunity would be a feather in hs cap but I reckon Pia could've outlasted him if she didn't know she was safe. She just wanted to beat Harry.
    I think the jury had so many deserving winners (Luke, Harry, Abbey, Janine, even Dave) that it was a but of a let down with who got to final 2.

Agree completely with everything you just said. Once Luke left I was not that interested. Didn't really care who won. Would have preferred Baden I suppose , cos I just wasn't a fan of Pia. Like you said, even David or Harry would have been preferable. Anyway it's over :(
    I've 2 whole seasons of the Amazing Race watched in the last week too.
    Loved the most recent season of the American one. The big brother vs Survivor vs TAR. Was really happy with the winners of that!

I loved that that finale. That endurance competition was unbelievable. Nearly 7 hours! It really shows that they all wanted it so badly. When Harry asked Jonathan to help him down, I really felt his pain.

As for the final tribal, there is a lot to be said for doing it all there and then (no long wait for the contestants, no live audience, and no reunion show). I think the reunion show is one of the cringiest things about the US version. I think it's a more emotional experience when they've been through their grilling, they bring out the loved ones there and then, and just read the votes.

I got emotional a few times during that finale - that's how invested I was in the outcome.

I think if Luke hadn't lost the ball rolling challenge, he'd have won the whole thing.

I've watched survivor series from 5 different countries (USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and UK), this was my favourite season out of all of them.

Bravo to the Aussies.

Advertisement