Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre ordering from Amazon

Options
  • 26-07-2019 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Young fella is thinking of Pre ordering the new Pokemon switch games from Amazon UK for the bundle goodies. He'd really like to get playing on launch day though.

Does anyone know if Amazon shop the games early to arrive in launch day or do they ship them on actual launch day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

long_b wrote: »
    Young fella is thinking of Pre ordering the new Pokemon switch games from Amazon UK for the bundle goodies. He'd really like to get playing on launch day though.

Does anyone know if Amazon shop the games early to arrive in launch day or do they ship them on actual launch day?

Haven't bought anything pre order off Amazon myself but i regularly see people complaining on boards about delays getting games on launch day. Can often be a few days late.
    Im sure it works fine on some occasions but you're not guaranteed getting it on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ffocused

If it is the dual pack you are looking at for £100, you could pre order from Smyths instead, it looks like they are selling the same one for €110 if you collect in store or €115 delivered.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-nintendo/coming-soon-nintendo-switch/pok%c3%a9mon-sword-and-pok%c3%a9mon-shield-dual-edition-nintendo-switch/p/179704

I have pre ordered in the past from Amazon and have been left waiting for up to a week after launch sometimes.

another thing to consider is the possibility of customs charges on it if Brexit goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm pretty sure there are sites selling the double pack for £89. £100 seems overpriced, and you'll want Prime to get it delivered fast which is more overhead, and even then you'll at best get it the day after release (or the following monday if it's out on a friday)

You could increase your chances by ordering with Prime to a forwarder like Parcel Motel - they'll probably get it the thursday night and you'll have it late on the following day, so technically you'll get it release day, but you might need to give your son a disco nap in the afternoon so they can stay up and play a couple of hours. Even if they don't get it till the friday they'll ship it to your locker on the saturday so you get it quicker. For an extra few quid, of course.

Note - if this is anything like SuMo, those couple of hours will be about 30% of the first cut scene. There will be tears at bed time.

Long story short ffocused's plan is better. Order in Smyths, pay a minimal amount extra, tell work you can't come in because you have a bulba sore, have the game in your hands from the second the store is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah id avoid amazon if you're wanting it delivered on launch day, i think they send games out on launch day or after to avoid any entanglements from publishers or whatever about games getting to people before launch.

Which could easily happen, especially with how quick they are at delivering within the UK.

Advertisement