Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santini sizing V Castelli

Options
  • 26-07-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience of Santini V Castelli sizing and how similar (or not) it is? Everything I read says I should size up for Castelli so I assume I should, but I really want to try and avoid messing around with having to send things back if I get the size wrong. I'm 5'10, 78kg and I wear a large in Santini for both bib shorts and top.

Specifically I'm looking at getting Castelli nanoflex bib, which I think are a little bit longer in the leg, and a Gabba 3. Probably the nanoflex arm and leg warmers as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm 5'11 and 73-76kg. Wear a Large Gabba and Medium Nanonflex leg and arm warmers. But I have a pair of M Santini bib shorts which are definitely not too small - if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm 6'2" and 84 kg. I don't have any Santini clothing but I take an XL in the Castelli Gabba 3 jersey and Perfetto vest.

I would guess that large would fit you for the Gabba and probably the bib-shorts.

I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

I have castelli nanoflex bibs and I am the same size as my santini equivalent bib shorts. Both xxl. 189cm 90kg. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Thanks all, that's very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

I would guess that you're a large in Castelli! I'm 5'11" and 84 kgs - XL in Castelli!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I'm 6' and 85Kg (on a good day) and XL Castelli fits fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

I’d stick with Santini it’s far superior quality. I’ve had some disappointing Castelli gear that’s been really poor value for money.

If you don’t heed warning definitely size up,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I bought the Tabula Rasa bibshorts. Not sure whether it's meant to be fit this tight or not but 2XL never been so small for me. I can get into them and not squeezing the thights, can't stop wondering do I need a size up or not. The fabric is different to what I've seen before, not as stretchy as others would be.
    I'm not the slimmest, 187 cm and 98kg, bit of a lard around the waist(10kg excess). I'd say better to keep them as a motivation to get more lighter. Waist/hips ratio 93/103cm should be within Castelli's 98/112 cm.

Advertisement