Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports watch with over 12 hours battery life...

• 26-07-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering anyone recommended a multisport watch with 12 hours plus battery life?

I have a 310xt (run)but highly doubt it would last the distance. (20 hour battery life but thats brand new i would imagine)
    Ive a garmin 820 (bike)but it wont last...

So was looking at the Garmin 935/945 but at the price point I'm not sure how much use I will get after the event.

Any body use anything else I know Suunto do a range but wouldn't know where to start...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

My 310 is years old and it lasted for 13 hours a few weeks ago when I did a charity cycle from Dublin to Galway. Left the house at 5am and got to Galway at 6PM and it still had a little battery.

My Vivoactiv HR also lasted but it doesnt do open water swim or multisport properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

how do i test the 310...(brains not working well today)? as im thinking you would have to be moving rather than just leaving it on a locker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

how do i test the 310...(brains not working well today)? as im thinking you would have to be moving rather than just leaving it on a locker...

Wear it throughout your day with GPS on until the battery dies.

If you work inside the constant search for signal will expedite the battery dying so you know what a worstcase scenario is going to be.

sconhome wrote: »
    Wear it throughout your day with GPS on until the battery dies.

If you work inside the constant search for signal will expedite the battery dying so you know what a worstcase scenario is going to be.

Good thinking.
    defo lasts 6 hours I know that...
    I presume deleting all activities will free up some space too and increase battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gooseberry

Been using an Amazfit stratos for the past couple of months and it doing a fine job. Got it on adverts for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

eglboal has the 945 for a decent price at the moment. I've been looking at it myself. The only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on it is I can't tell for certain which region the model is and I've heard people with some versions of the 935 are waiting months for software updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ULMarc wrote: »
    eglboal has the 945 for a decent price at the moment. I've been looking at it myself. The only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on it is I can't tell for certain which region the model is and I've heard people with some versions of the 935 are waiting months for software updates.

If it is the asiapac version it doesn't get updates for some reason.

ULMarc wrote: »

Yeah seen them very keen but no doubt Asia and no back up I would imagine...

Seen Elverys have a Fenix 5 for just over €400

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I've a fenix 3, did an Ironman in 13hrs 5mins and had about 3/4% battery left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Wiggle have the 935 tri bundle for €473 cheapest I’ve seen for it may interest you.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hi. I am selling my 920xt if you are interested. I do ultramarathons and am selling it because I need to be able to charge on the go which the 920xt cant.
    I am doing the Kerry Way Ultra which will be about 35 hours for me. I have used the 920xt for a few really, really long runs and it dies just after the 16 hour mark. It would last a bit longer with the settings changed alright. Im asking 250 with the heart rate monitor and ant stick included.

I tested the 310 on Saturday and it lasted over 14 hours so Im good..

Advertisement