Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Tignes 126km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Eamonnator wrote: »
    NO. Not cancelled.

Neutralised.

What does neutralized mean?

wtf.

disaster for JA as taken from top of the mountain so the descent doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

glasso wrote: »
    wtf.

disaster for JA as taken from top of the mountain there.

Hmmm. He would’ve lost more time, get out of jail card imo for JA.

Edit: ah I see what you mean, he would’ve made time on descent if time taken from bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was most unfortunate when the weather Gods go against you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

nibali & uran remind you of the guy on the rugby pitch who desnt hear the whistle go and runs the length of the field thinking hes scored the best try ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Djoucer wrote: »

We’ll never know- but I think you might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Let them race. Sort out the men from the boys

Djoucer wrote: »

if it was called at bottom then he may have made up time on the descent.

it's game over regardless now.

Bernal wins the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

At least they'll have a lot more in the tank for tomorrow which should be a monstrous stage. Still a huge disappointment though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That weather hardly came in so quickly? Could they not have made the call on the way up the last climb that it would finish on top so that everyone could gauge effort.

What was going on between Uran and Nibali there I wasn't watching and came back to see Uran with his hand on Nibali's back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Disaster for any fans on Tignes... wait for hours for the riders to arrive, get blasted with hailstones, and the stage is neutralised

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did Valverde just change a plain black rain jacket for a rainbow striped black rain jacket?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What was going on between Uran and Nibali there I wasn't watching and came back to see Uran with his hand on Nibali's back?

It looked like Uran was so p1ssed off with the stage being neutralised that he decided not to believe it being true so he accelerated off ahead of Nibal et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

They had a barney a couple of minutes before hand. Likely Nibali got the news before Uran and Uran looked like he didn't believe that the stage was effectively over so threw his hands up shouting at the shark. The hands on the back was when it was obvious we were done racing for the day Uran likely apologising.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That weather hardly came in so quickly? Could they not have made the call on the way up the last climb that it would finish on top so that everyone could gauge effort.

I think at that height the weather can change quite quickly and go from 1 extreme to another with very short warning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

footage of the road there proves they took the correct decision.

thats some shower in fairness roads are in bits

As they say on Eurosport - Bernal would have had to to hold on (descent through flat section at bottom where group pull and drafting would be an advantage)

Shame that the tour has to be decided like this.

Now is there any chance of anything interesting tomorrow?

SK (charisma and attacking prowess of a paper bag so far) and JA won't be able to do much?

• Advertisement

Wow, yeah no way could they have raced on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,805 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stage abandoned?

What’s JAs lead now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

neris wrote: »
    I think at that height the weather can change quite quickly and go from 1 extreme to another with very short warning

I've been climbing/hiking up on the very Col years ago and yeah it can change up there very quickly. Went into the Cafe at the top of the Col for tea and scones in blazing sunshine and was warm (august), came out half an hour later to -2 degrees and snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Kinda buggers up the conspiracy theory that ASO were manipulating the race for a French winner

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

walshb wrote: »
    Stage abandoned?

What’s JAs lead now?

He doesn't have one. Times taken at the top of the previous climb so he's lost yellow to Bernal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Going to be a lot of unhappy french fans I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well... what an anti-climax. Looked so promising going into the weekend.

Bernal will win unless there is some skullduggery by Ineos to allow Thomas to retain his title.

Such a shame to lose Pinot like that. He could have neutralised Bernal but it was never to be.

road condition

486408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Return of the sky train tomorrow and the yellow to stay within ineos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Advertisement