Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracts and Incremental Credit

Options
  • 26-07-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everyone

I am currently applying for posts in PLC colleges but the contracts, allowances and incremental credits seem like a minefield of confusion and I thought maybe people here could help.

i) I taught in the Uk for a number of years at Post Primary prior to 2011 and then returned to Ireland where I taught full time for four years on a Community Adult Education Programme. I finally got my teaching registration sorted in 2014. I have been advised therefore that I would be paid on the incremental salary scale for prior to 2011 entrants.
    I have a PGCE, Hons Degree and Masters. Do I get an allowance for all three?

ii) If I have a degree and a PGCE that took four full years does that mean you get 2 incremental credits, I was on 5th point of the teaching scale when I left the UK so does that mean I should be offered the 7th point atleast? I am also hoping that the four years teaching adult Education should be recognised as I was employed by an ETB at the time but we'll see.

iii) Finally one post I applied for was advertised as fixed term. Does that mean you have to reapply next year if the hours are there and then the year after that you get offered CID assuming the hours are still there?
    The other post is for 22 hours and does not state the conditions of the contract. I wonder is this one likely to be gone and it's for someone who has to reapply for the hours for their second year.

Sorry for the detail and so many questions just so hard applying for jobs when you have no idea what you are actually being offered if you are successful.

Thanks

Advertisement