Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Paid League

• 26-07-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Apologies if this is against any rules or in the wrong place.

Can anyone recommend any paid leagues? ESPN/Yahoo/CBS seem to offer this but all appear to be restricted to US residents.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a legit way of collecting money from participants if it were to be manually set up? There's a site called LeagueSafe who seem to do a good job at this but again it's restricted to the States.

Any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Paladonia wrote: »
    Apologies if this is against any rules or in the wrong place.

Can anyone recommend any paid leagues? ESPN/Yahoo/CBS seem to offer this but all appear to be restricted to US residents.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a legit way of collecting money from participants if it were to be manually set up? There's a site called LeagueSafe who seem to do a good job at this but again it's restricted to the States.

Any other options?

Leaguesafe is not restricted to the states. I have an account there and use it to pay into a few leagues i am in including one i commish. It is mostly used by leagues operated by myfantasyleague.com. This is not restricted to the States and is used by players from all over the world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Could start one between ourselves if there’s much interest? I’d be up for it, maybe get a mod to hold the money on PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Id be game

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

If a new one is starting up, I may be game based on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dancun99

I would play also....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Yeah, I might be game too depending on settings/cost

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh god, I shouldn’t really but I’d be potentially interested depending on configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If this is a goer I'd be up for it also

It doesn't look like this will happen?
    Are there any sites that offer paid leagues to International (Irish) residents, I'm in a dynasty league but would like to get involved in redraft also

That's a good question....I joined Draft Kings but really that is just a weekly thing. I am looking for something with a draft and based on the whole season....If anyone knows of any sites accepting Irish players, I would be very grateful....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Dancun99 wrote: »
    That's a good question....I joined Draft Kings but really that is just a weekly thing. I am looking for something with a draft and based on the whole season....If anyone knows of any sites accepting Irish players, I would be very grateful....

This is what I was looking for but setting up something manually in here seemed like the only alternative.

I'd happily set something up but would only be interested if we got 12 minimum, ideally 16.

Can I ask people to THANK THIS POST if you are seriously interested and, once we have enough, I will run a poll to get an idea of people's preferences for the league.

I can add one other boardsie who rarely comes online to that thanks list btw fwiw.

If we don't get enough I can advertise the league on leaguesafe.com and we can get randomers to make up the numbers.

As previously mentioned that site can be used to collect fees too. They take a small commission but it seems like the safest way of holding the pot if people are happy with that.

Can those interested fill out the below survey please?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YWGBW75

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Filled in there. I had quite a few requests so no worries if it's too messy haha! I'm looking for Dynasty, and preferably Superflex.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Guffy wrote: »
    I can add one other boardsie who rarely comes online to that thanks list btw fwiw.

this is me, I'm definitely interested if there's space

Colohall wrote: »
    this is me, I'm definitely interested if there's space

Plenty of space. Just deciding on format at the minute if you wouldn't mind filling out the survey a couple of posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Plenty of space. Just deciding on format at the minute if you wouldn't mind filling out the survey a couple of posts up.

Done there, cheers

Done there and answered with preferences, but I am not really fussed on the specifics really as long as we get one up and running...

I've filled that in guys, just one thing though, I have a dynasty team already and I feel that one is enough, you'll have to count me out if that's the format.

• Advertisement

Meant to add id be up for superflex too if it was a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Filled in the survey, cheers

Has anyone any other suggestions for collecting fees?

I'm having trouble verifying my account on LeagueSafe and it's looking for information I don't really want to give. I don't want to be asking people to pay into something I'm not too comfortable/familiar with myself.

What about all payments being made to a Mod via PayPal as someone suggested before above? Or would the initial fees and fees when prizes are being awarded back be too much?
    Thanks again for looking to set this up.....

Suppose we could send money as gifts and avoid the fees altogether......?

I had set up a dynasty before. Have a few from boards on it and just held the money on paypal myself for the league. Now id rather not hold another set of league fees but would have no problem if someone wanted to just hold the fees. If colohol or gerry wanted to do so they would be my preference as gerry has been on here for ages and i know colohol personally. Again that's a big assumption that they'd be willing to hold it.

Also i made everyone send enough to cover the fee also

How many players do we have at the moment?

Guffy wrote: »
    I had set up a dynasty before. Have a few from boards on it and just held the money on paypal myself for the league. Now id rather not hold another set of league fees but would have no problem if someone wanted to just hold the fees. If colohol or gerry wanted to do so they would be my preference as gerry has been on here for ages and i know colohol personally. Again that's a big assumption that they'd be willing to hold it.

Also i made everyone send enough to cover the fee also

Same here....I have no problem trusting someone who has been visible on here for a long time or the would-be Commissioner of this league.....

Can those interested fill out the below survey please?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YWGBW75

Any feedback on this. How many people are needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

I'm in a dynasty league with people from the UK already. It cost £10 (€13) to play. We just sent the money to the league commissioner via PayPal & the funds are going towards a trophy which will be sent to the winner at the end of each season. Could work here too, no?

Advertisement