Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Paid League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

DM1292 wrote: »
    I'm in a dynasty league with people from the UK already. It cost £10 (€13) to play. We just sent the money to the league commissioner via PayPal & the funds are going towards a trophy which will be sent to the winner at the end of each season. Could work here too, no?

I'd have to hide that trophy in the boot of my car

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

After 10 responses on the survey the majority answers were NFL.com for the platform (60%), Standard/Snake Draft (70%), PPR (50%), the following position group got 70% of the votes- QB, RB(x2), WR(x2), TE, K, DEF, Flex, Bench (x5), and a buy-in of €20-50 (40%).

We would need at least a couple more to make it worthwhile, and I know the above may not suit everyone. Can I get an idea of who is still interested following the survey results? If anyone has any friends interested they would be more than welcome too.

Finally, I would also be willing to hang on to funds on PayPal if it suited, but I also understand if people would prefer a more experienced Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Count me in, I tried to start one on another thread but no takers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dancun99

Count me in too with all the above parameters.....

• Advertisement

And no problem with having Paladonia holding the fees......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sorry lads, appears to be a redraft? I'm out I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Guffy wrote: »

Same lads! Best of luck!

Guffy wrote: »

What do you mean by redraft? Am a little confused?

Dancun99 wrote: »

Redraft is where you puck a whole new roster each year, it’s the common form of fantasy football
    In other formats (dynasty or keeper) you hold some or all of your players from year to year,
    I never got the idea that this was anything but redraft

• Advertisement

Redraft is where you puck a whole new roster each year, it’s the common form of fantasy football
    In other formats (dynasty or keeper) you hold some or all of your players from year to year,
    I never got the idea that this was anything but redraft

Yes I thought that too....Dynasty is not really what I was looking for....the draft each year is one of the best parts of FF.....I am still very much in and really hope we get the numbers before the season starts...

Thanks for clearing that up 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hi,

I'm interested depending on set up

New year new draft, suits me.

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong

Those confirmed so far. If I've missed anyone or added someone prematurely let me know.

I'll try drum up interest in the main thread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dancun99 wrote: »

Draft a new team every year, not dynasty like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has an entry fee been decided yet!?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Paladonia wrote: »
    Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon

Those confirmed so far. If I've missed anyone or added someone prematurely let me know.

You can add me in also. Definitely up for it.

wawaman wrote: »
    Has an entry fee been decided yet!?

The majority vote in the survey was €20-50, which in hindsight is quite a broad range.

There are also people who voted in that survey who are no longer interested so we may need to agree a fee between those who are.

(Paladonia these are only my thoughts, no offense taken if ignored)

I'd go on the closer to the €50 but that could be a lot unless people are fully invested

How about this pot split

Winner 50%
    Second 25%
    Third 10 %

And keep 15% for during the league for side competitions. i.e. person with the highest score each week wins €5 I found that keeps people engaged each week even when they're out of contention.

With the above split.
    POT 10 x €50 = €500
    Winner → €250
    Second → €125
    Third → € 50

Then €5 for highest scoring player on a team each week so at the end of the year everyone will probably get something back.

Paladonia if you need help organising I don't mind helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'd be in for this!

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    (Paladonia these are only my thoughts, no offense taken if ignored)

I'd go on the closer to the €50 but that could be a lot unless people are fully invested

How about this pot split

Winner 50%
    Second 25%
    Third 10 %

And keep 15% for during the league for side competitions. i.e. person with the highest score each week wins €5 I found that keeps people engaged each week even when they're out of contention.

With the above split.
    POT 10 x €50 = €500
    Winner → €250
    Second → €125
    Third → € 50

Then €5 for highest scoring player on a team each week so at the end of the year everyone will probably get something back.

Paladonia if you need help organising I don't mind helping.

A fiver is a waste of time really,
    I’d be for closer to winner takes all with a small prize for runner up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Maybe a split of 25% for who finished with the best record before the playoffs, 25% for runner up & 50% for the winner, if the winner wins the 75% of the kitty then so be it?

A fiver is a waste of time really,
    I’d be for closer to winner takes all with a small prize for runner up

5er? The post you quoted was using a 50 euro buy in

wong wrote: »
    5er? The post you quoted was using a 50 euro buy in

I meant the fiver as a weekly prize, more trouble than it’s worth to get it

I agree

I'm happy for second/third place to get a prize. Even a novelty prize like highest points etc I'm fine with. But I don't really agree with weekly prizes. Especially if they are coming from someone's personal PayPal account. Could be a lot to track and more hassle than it's worth.

I think end of season prizes only, and I'd be leaning towards the bigger buy-in also to keep interest.

I appreciate any suggestions though and those are just my thoughts.

I've updated the table which now has 8 confirmed participants. Another 4 would be great!

I'm happy for second/third place to get a prize. Even a novelty prize like highest points etc I'm fine with. But I don't really agree with weekly prizes. Especially if they are coming from someone's personal PayPal account. Could be a lot to track and more hassle than it's worth.

I think end of season prizes only, and I'd be leaning towards the bigger buy-in also to keep interest.

I appreciate any suggestions though and those are just my thoughts.

I've updated the table which now has 8 confirmed participants. Another 4 would be great!

Yeah I think 3rd and 4th should at least get their money back, and the highest points seems a good idea too. 50Euro would be fine with me also considering it adds a lot of interest through the regular season..... Just need to get another 4 now....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong

I’m in!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’m in!

Great that makes 9!

(when I meant weekly prizes I meant they were only paid at the end of the year not on a weekly basis)

• Advertisement

Also, I used Teamstake for my money league last year and it worked really well with handling the money and entrance fees.

Advertisement