Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Knowledge (Comprehension of Content & Pedagogy)

• 26-07-2019 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am looking for some guidance on the following competencies.

Thank you, NQT.

1. Professional Knowledge (Comprehension of Content & Pedagogy)

Teachers should;

1.1 Know and understand the fundamental ideas, principles and structure of the disciplines they teach

- For this competency do I refer to knowledge of curriculum, learning intentions and key skills and provide practical examples?

1.2 Understand the links to other content areas and be able to integrate learning across and between areas

- For this competency could I provide an example of how I integrated English and Geography. For example, examining the physical world and integrating media studies into the lesson?

1.3 Know and understand and articulate a range of philosophies of learning

- Do I refer to constructivist approaches to teaching and learning, behaviorism and cognitivism?

1.4 Critically evaluate the range of teaching and learning theories and know how to apply them where appropriate

- What theories do I refer to here?

Advertisement