Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Animals and Pets

• 26-07-2019 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I'll post in simple to read facts so it's easy for you all to understand and digest.

I opened a thread about a roaming cat stealing clothes from neighbours' clotes lines.

I read the first couple of posts and posted my opinion that the cat should be restrained if the OP knows what it is doing.

I posted my frustration that locals cats are also causing me grief.

I didn't see the mod warning (genuinely) because I hit reply without reading all the posts. If the mods want us to head a mod warning, it should atleast be copied into the OP (epsecially on touch site it is harder to navigate to a specific post).

She was quick enough to pounce and ban me for a very innocuous post but is conveniently taking an age to answer back. I know mods are unpaid volunteers, but why are they so quick to ban for tiny infriengements but take ages to anser back appeals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DRP process is to attempt to address the matter directly with the mod. This often results in the issue being addressed without needing the DRP process.

Can you confirm if you have attempted to do this and, if so, what was the outcome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Yes. I will post the PMs here.
    She is being completely unreasonable.

Crock Rock wrote:
    Crock Rock wrote:
    Crock Rock wrote:
    Dear Crock Rock,

You have been banned from Animals & Pet Issues for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Cherry Blossom

Your post:
    Crock Rock wrote: »
    Keep your Goddamn cat in. I wouldn't want it in my garden no more that you'd want my dog in yours.

Well??

It's funny how you're quick enough to ban me but take an age to answer a simple PM.

I'll take your ignoring me as a rejection and escalate .

Cheerio

17:09 is the timestamp on this PM, 17:06 is the timestamp on your previous one. Three minutes is hardly 'an age'. You have a serious attitude problem. Escalate away.

CB

Do you think my ban is justified??????
    Stop changing the subject,

Ansewr these two questions:

How can I be banned for ignoring an instruction which I couldn't have seen in the first place?

Why didn't you post the warning in the OP if you thought it was so important?

The onus is on you to read the thread before posting. Your post was not only in breach of the two mod-warnings clearly posted within the last few posts on the thread, it was also in breach of the requirement for posters to address each other in a civil manner. Swearing at the OP who you presumably have had no prior engagement with is not acceptable. The DRP process is open to you as always but as far as I am concerned the ban stays.

Regards,
    CB.

So someone has to read a 100-page thread just because there might be a warning in there somewhere pacman.gifpacman.gif

Its an 8 page thread, and no you dont have to read it all just the most recent posts where it would have been clear your post was inappropriate. Once you had posted your reply it would have taken you to the end of the thread where you clearly would have seen it and had opportunity to rethink and delete your post. In general though Boards guidelines indicate that you do thoroughly read threads before you reply to them. If you are in any doubt that your post may breach a rule mods are available to ask before you post. Its not rocket science that you are expected to be respectful and civil to fellow posters. Its a basic life skill. I have said all I am going to say on the matter at this stage and will not be replying to any more PMs.

Regards,
    CB.

There

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks. I will ask a CMod to review now.

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks. I will ask a CMod to review now.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I see no attempt there to discuss with the mod. Your pms were short and demanding with zero civility.

Normally I would stop this process now and direct you back to the mod to discuss the issue in a civil manner however it wouldn't be fair on the mod.

I note your comments that mods are quick to ban however I would note that this is the first DRP from the forum that I can remember. It is at least months if not years since the last one.

Anyway I will look into the matter on your behalf but whatever way it goes I would recommend some humility next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi CR

If the mod warning was buried in the thread then I would agree with you that it should be in post 1 and be reasonable that it was missed however in this case the warning was immediately before your post so it would have taken a minimal effort on your part not to fall foul of a mod action. On that basis my determination is that a mod action is justified in this circumstance.

The severity of the action on the other hand may not be proportionate so I have spoken to the mod and they have agreed to reduce your ban to a red card.

Please advise if this is acceptable to you or whether you want to escalate to admin.

It's just a website and I'm not losing sleep over having a red card on it.

I will acknowledge that I may have been unpleasant in my PMs.
    I acknowledge that the mod warning is in the post above mine.

However, I posted a quick reply from the OP page 1 and then I quickly left the thread without reading anything else.

To say I deliberately ignored the instructions of the moderator is wrong. If the warning was copied and pasted in the OP to make it clearer, I would have obeyed.

Please see the link to the thread I have started in help desk.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058002348

Advertisement