Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell Motorbike BMW F 700 GS

Options
  • 26-07-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I would like to sell my motorbike, I have some doubts

It is a BMW F 700 GS, fully loaded and with side and top cases (sw motech trax).

Do you recommend private sale or take it somewhere?
    Do you recommend any particular dealership?
    Any idea about the value? (I cannot find any of the same model in Ireland).
    What is the process for private selling? Is it responsibility of the buyer or the seller?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Have a look at what similar models are priced at on Donedeal, Gumtree or Adverts and price yours accordingly - alternatively look at Autotrader.co.uk and add the price of VRT to get close to an Irish asking price. Selling is fairly straightforward but don't let anyone test ride the bike without taking the asking price as a security deposit and only sell if you are happy with the price you are getting.

Some of the bike shops will sell your bike for a fee or for commission - I don't know where you are so I can't advise you on this. If the bike is priced right it will sell, having a rare model sometimes helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mfrutos

Thanks!! I am in Dublin. So, if I go for private sale (it depends on the fee charged by the shop) is it easy to take care of the paperwork??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

mfrutos wrote: »
    Thanks!! I am in Dublin. So, if I go for private sale (it depends on the fee charged by the shop) is it easy to take care of the paperwork??

Yip. Fill out the new owners name and address on the back of the registration certificate and post it to Dept of Transport in Shannon. Write or type a receipt with all the details and keep a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Done deal or adverts, being bike season, you'll sell it in no time if you put it up for the right price and you'll get more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Go onto www.ukgser.com/forums it's a UK based site for GS owners. There's an Irish section in it and you will get the answers to all your questions there. See you over there :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement