Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double barrel semi auto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Ah yes! Just as dangerous as the ol “ fully semi automatic” rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Or the AK 15 or M 16 47
    Have alaso seen in our media a "sawn off.22 pump action shotgun!"

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Can we ban linking to paywall sites? It's bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Sure it wasn't belt fed with a stealth grenade launcher and a telescopic seven foot bayonet ?

Dont forget it was black too,and had "that shoulder thing that goes up!"

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I wouldn't joke too much lads because as God is my Judge someone will have tried to build one at some point. I mean they have a double barrel pump action that spits out 16 shots.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I'm not too sure Cass but I think that little useless marvel would be slightly outside the average scrote's budget.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Possibly, although in Dollars its far cheaper than a Beretta, Benelli, etc.

My point is we mock the use of double barrel semi auto, but i guarantee someone has one perhaps even a company. There is always someone mad enough to build one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

Gun Jebus shows us a real oddity.

Someone did a double barrel semi auto. They combined a Left hand and Right hand ejecting Remington 1100 with longer action pins in a common stock,more or less.It must have been one heavy pig of a gun.

There is even a double barrel AR15 out there the DSB snake charmer.My question is...What do you gain,apart from a massive weight increase and more problems if things go wrong,than by carrying a few more shells and pulling the trigger a couple of times more?
    https://youtu.be/NFazmslebG8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

Someone was making double barrel 1911's, essentially two complete pistols stuck together, and a more pointless creation i have rarely seen. You could not get your hands around the grip to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

oldgit1897 wrote: »
    Someone was making double barrel 1911's, essentially two complete pistols stuck together, and a more pointless creation i have rarely seen. You could not get your hands around the grip to start with.

The answer to 'why?' in the USA is simple.

Because they can.

As for the DP-12, I saw one in m local Cabela's last Fall for $1250 - $150 under MRSP. And Oregon has no sales taxes, either...... ;)

Sadly, I'm not a resident, so looking is all I can do, unless a shooting buddy turns up at the club with one he needs to have shot......

It's got two major problems.
    [Maybe corrected by now?]It jams frequently if you rack it in the high port position,and more seriously, the saftey wont engage seperately on either action.IOW if you fire one barrel and action,and engage the saftey,the unfired other barrel and action is still cocked!:eek: It is really designed that you must fire both barrells and actions as one shot.
    Thats what would put me off that design.

M203 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun.

Advertisement