Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook group closures!!!!

Options
  • 26-07-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Well it looks like forums such as this will become more popular in the not too distant future if Facebook have their way.
    They are in the process of closing vaping groups that have anything to do with promoting sales of vape gear etc. I suppose it was only a matter of time after their €5 billion fine that they'd show themselves to be "concerned" over privacy issues and the sale of vape gear through their platform to under 18s.
    Still seems to be ok though to show acts of violence and other despicable things so at least they got their priorities rightðŸ˜☹️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Well it looks like forums such as this will become more popular in the not too distant future if Facebook have their way.
    They are in the process of closing vaping groups that have anything to do with promoting sales of vape gear etc. I suppose it was only a matter of time after their €5 billion fine that they'd show themselves to be "concerned" over privacy issues and the sale of vape gear through their platform to under 18s.
    Still seems to be ok though to show acts of violence and other despicable things so at least they got their priorities rightðŸ˜☹️

FB has become the Sun online tbh, a horrible decrepit place to hang out, make s** up and gossip. I remember when it was all about sharing your favorite song or funny vid or image, that escalated fast!

On the vaping side, i wouldn't panic just yet, it's just a clamp on sales of vape gear afaik, they'll pick on something else next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

FB has become the Sun online tbh, a horrible decrepit place to hang out, make s** up and gossip. I remember when it was all about sharing your favorite song or funny vid or image, that escalated fast!

On the vaping side, i wouldn't panic just yet, it's just a clamp on sales of vape gear afaik, they'll pick on something else next week

Also I notice some fb people are morphing into cheeky cnuts in real life,.and believe they can talk to people face to face as if on fb,.they don't even seem to understand why they get battered up :confused:

Also I notice some fb people are morphing into cheeky cnuts in real life,.and believe they can talk to people face to face as if on fb,.they don't even seem to understand why they get battered up :confused:

That's been happening a long while, you can block peope but there's always those who will add you just to have a nose and then stir s**t up against you. That'll happen on or offline, FB just makes it much easier for people like that.

I see a few Vape pages have been closed until they agree to the new rules. FB showing their usual true colours, why would they support something that's taking millions away from big companies who pay them off? It's all numbers to them, they don't give a hoot about your health

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

UK Vape Life,17k members....gone.

UK Vape Life,17k members....gone.

Gone completely? or they're just temp down until they 'comply'?

• Advertisement

Gone completely? or they're just temp down until they 'comply'?

In order to comply all sales posts have to be removed,not sure if that's possible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

In order to comply all sales posts have to be removed,not sure if that's possible tbh.

Is our one on the "radar" for closure?

Inquitus wrote:
    Is our one on the "radar" for closure?

All unfortunately that have had Sales posts on their page.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Personally I find boards groups better than FB groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

_Brian wrote: »
    Personally I find boards groups better than FB groups.

facebook groups are poisonous. there's one that called itself something like friendly Irish vapers because other groups were so nasty.

Personally I wouldn't go near any of the groups on FB at all.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    facebook groups are poisonous. there's one that called itself something like friendly Irish vapers because other groups were so nasty.

Personally I wouldn't go near any of the groups on FB at all.

That's a bit of a sweeping genearlisation on Facebook vaping groups don't you think?
    Every group whether it be on forums, Facebook, WhatsApp etc can have it's 'poisnous' effect on people,really depends on the topic and individuals involved. I know a lot of still active Facebook groups that do really good work for their members and contribute quite a lot to chosen charities on behalf of their membership, so, maybe not all bad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's a bit of a sweeping genearlisation on Facebook vaping groups don't you think?
    Every group whether it be on forums, Facebook, WhatsApp etc can have it's 'poisnous' effect on people,really depends on the topic and individuals involved. I know a lot of still active Facebook groups that do really good work for their members and contribute quite a lot to chosen charities on behalf of their membership, so, maybe not all bad!!!!

I'm sure there are some but it's still a nasty platform. I come here because this sort of place has far better moderation than facebook groups. When I firts started vaping I joined all the biggest vaping facebook groups and there was only one that wasn't nasty. It had been formed by people who fled other groups that were nasty.
    Eventually it too went bad. The same is true of political groups on facebook. It's probably the third worst place that I know of to discuss politics (After the journal comment section and youtube comment section). Some of the closed groups aren't too bad but they lack variety.

That's why I like here. It's moderated :)

I'm sure there are some but it's still a nasty platform. I come here because this sort of place has far better moderation than facebook groups. When I firts started vaping I joined all the biggest vaping facebook groups and there was only one that wasn't nasty. It had been formed by people who fled other groups that were nasty.
    Eventually it too went bad. The same is true of political groups on facebook. It's probably the third worst place that I know of to discuss politics (After the journal comment section and youtube comment section). Some of the closed groups aren't too bad but they lack variety.

Horses for courses I suppose!!!

I'm not big on FB groups either, joined a bunch of them but many of them have that clique mentality - if you're not posting hand-checks daily you're a bit of an outcast. These would be more US or UK based to begin with.

I prefer forums too, but this place is deader than a dead thing sadly! was a time it was pretty lively, I guess those FB groups swallowed up a lot of members over time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Swallowed up members plus devices are so good these days, everything's so well-refined...there's not much in the way of problem solving or ideas to be floated about. The only thing to care about now that pretty much every mod is as powerful and almost every atty is as well-made as I wished they would have been 5 years ago, is the size. Even that's gotten much better. TPD may not have killed DIY, but it's made it next-to-pointless in the eyes of newbies with the advent of shortfills.

There was a time we were all searching for our perfect vape or appreciating different types of atties, but I've had the same mod since somebody on here recommended an Eleaf Power thingy. It's fúcking great, thanks to whomever mentioned it. When it dies I'll buy the updated, higher capacity version or whatever's ruling the roost as long as it doesn't look like a Transformer's left nut.

grindle wrote: »
    Swallowed up members plus devices are so good these days, everything's so well-refined...there's not much in the way of problem solving or ideas to be floated about. The only thing to care about now that pretty much every mod is as powerful and almost every atty is as well-made as I wished they would have been 5 years ago, is the size. Even that's gotten much better. TPD may not have killed DIY, but it's made it next-to-pointless in the eyes of newbies with the advent of shortfills.

There was a time we were all searching for our perfect vape or appreciating different types of atties, but I've had the same mod since somebody on here recommended an Eleaf Power thingy. It's fúcking great, thanks to whomever mentioned it. When it dies I'll buy the updated, higher capacity version or whatever's ruling the roost as long as it doesn't look like a Transformer's left nut.

LOL, that's the mod I have [at least I think it's the Species?] and it's actually a very tidy, tiny little thing. I have it since last Christmas and it hasn't failed me yet. I don't think it looks any way strange though I had some right ugly mods prior. It's about as simple as mods get these days, the touch screen only used for controlling your wattage, otherwise it's a stick a tank on there and get on with type device. I love the power bar, you can just grab and squeeze and it fires.

I still DIY all the time, bought some bottle shots here and there from Darkstar but some of them are terrible, they seem to riddle every liquid with Ws-23 or Koolada lately - most recent one I got is alright, Tropical Thunder - pretty much just tastes like pineapple with a dash of melon - but it's ok. It's still more expensive than DIY, but people do like the ease of it. You still need to buy nic and VG so may as well just be creative with it and do DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Have to agree im still useing a Subtank and Atlantis tanks daily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Been using my daily beater, an eleaf invoke for over 2 years now. Bought a second one about a year ago. I occasionally buy a new tank, but that's a rare thing. My only vice is buying too much juice. Too much variety, but I've even curbed that down significantly. Have two drawer fulls to make my way through. Not really looking for anything new as I'm quite happy with my setups now.

Advertisement