Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveco Daily 2.8....35s11....electrics.

• 27-07-2019 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Current problem.
    Had oil light come on.
    Stopped immediately.
    Oil level good, if a little over full. Have.nt had need to top it up in 6 months.
    Drove on when light stayed off on start up.
    Next day..same again.
    Light on..stopped checked level....started up ...all ok...drove on.
    Happened 2 days late.This time I copped a white light on...in the middle of the Hazard light push button, and water in the diesel filter light on as well.
    Driving perfect apart from the occasional red injector light and limp mode kicking in.
    I can always cancel this mode by clutching the pedal and let the engine die to tick over.....5 seconds does at and then everything's good again.
    Last problem usually only when it rains.
    Any clue.s?
    What.s going on.
    Great engine.
    **** electrics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Current problem.
    Had oil light come on.
    Stopped immediately.
    Oil level good, if a little over full. Have.nt had need to top it up in 6 months.
    Drove on when light stayed off on start up.
    Next day..same again.
    Light on..stopped checked level....started up ...all ok...drove on.
    Happened 2 days late.This time I copped a white light on...in the middle of the Hazard light push button, and water in the diesel filter light on as well.
    Driving perfect apart from the occasional red injector light and limp mode kicking in.
    I can always cancel this mode by clutching the pedal and let the engine die to tick over.....5 seconds does at and then everything's good again.
    Last problem usually only when it rains.
    Any clue.s?
    What.s going on.
    Great engine.
    **** electrics.

Sounds like earth fault e.g. strap, or possibly alternator overvoltage if it goes at tick over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Itineoman

Not an expert and don’t know how new/old your van is but for what it’s worth I had a similar problem in my Ducato based van - random warning lights etc. Turned out it was a bad earth but not before it fried the Body Control Unit. Ended up with an undriveable van that cost a fortune to diagnose and repair. I’d take it to an Auto Electrician sooner rather then later For peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Itineoman

Not an expert and don’t know how new/old your van is but for what it’s worth I had a similar problem in my Ducato based van - random warning lights etc. Turned out it was a bad earth but not before it fried the Body Control Unit. Ended up with an undriveable van that cost a fortune to diagnose and repair. I’d take it to an Auto Electrician sooner rather then later For peace of mind.

Advertisement