Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current price for 30m extension Dublin

Options
  • 27-07-2019 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the going rate is for a 30m extension in Dublin with shower and WC?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

E60K (ish).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DOCARCH wrote: »
    E60K (ish).

Easily. And more depending on spec.
    Done a 25 Sq. M one and finish cost was €50k due to spec of doors, kitchen and flooring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

E1700 per square metre in builders finish..but expect to add to that substantially for high end fixtures,fittings and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I know it's a hackneyed old line but it depends on what you want - roof options, windows, slider @ the back, etc.

We did a 30 sqm extension in the last 6 months and it prob came to roughly 75-80k but then you need to factor in the your floors, fittings, etc.

The above figure includes a number of small bespoke things we had to ask for along with the building of new boundary walls.
    I reckon you could get a very basic extension with no frills for about 65-70k but then you/your partner will want a sliding door at the back as "theres no point in doing all this work and not doing that", etc.

So in short - get an architect to draw up plans for you that you are both happy with and chance a few quotes.

If you want advice on anyone that i used/wouldnt use again or any individual prices then drop me a pm and I will help if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I know it's a hackneyed old line but it depends on what you want - roof options, windows, slider @ the back, etc.

We did a 30 sqm extension in the last 6 months and it prob came to roughly 75-80k but then you need to factor in the your floors, fittings, etc.

The above figure includes a number of small bespoke things we had to ask for along with the building of new boundary walls.
    I reckon you could get a very basic extension with no frills for about 65-70k but then you/your partner will want a sliding door at the back as "theres no point in doing all this work and not doing that", etc.

So in short - get an architect to draw up plans for you that you are both happy with and chance a few quotes.

If you want advice on anyone that i used/wouldnt use again or any individual prices then drop me a pm and I will help if possible.
    She wants a bi folding door....

• Advertisement
Advertisement