If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another sound bar question??

Options
  • 27-07-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I have an old Panasonic 32" LED non smart full hd 1080p with an Alexa voice control fire stick (HD) to enable tv channel viewing etc and wish to add a sound bar to improve overall sound - I may add a dvd player, can I add my amazon echo for full music library and playlists.

could you recommend a sound bar that would suit the above but be capable of using with an upgraded tv maybe 4k in the bedroom

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I have an old Panasonic 32" LED non smart full hd 1080p with an Alexa voice control fire stick (HD) to enable tv channel viewing etc and wish to add a sound bar to improve overall sound - I may add a dvd player, can I add my amazon echo for full music library and playlists.

could you recommend a sound bar that would suit the above but be capable of using with an upgraded tv maybe 4k in the bedroom

Thanks
    Hi Beaker_2010.

Thanks for the post.

Which Echo is it that you have as there are several versions.
    As long as it has any audio output it can be connected to pretty much any product with phono inputs.

You could then use the soundbar for listening to what ever is playing via the Echo.

Stating point would be the JBL Bar Studio priced at £99
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203184-jbl-bar-studio-black-soundbar.aspx

There is the Polk Signa S2 priced at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203722-polk-signa-s2-soundbar.aspx

Polk also has the Command Bar which has Alex built in coming in at £229
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203477-polk-command-bar-soundbar-with-alexa-built-in.aspx

Yamaha have their 5 star reviewed YAS207 priced at £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

It also depends on your budget as you can go nuts on soundbars.

Yamaha MusicCast Bar 40 priced at £449
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203613-yamaha-musiccast-bar-400-soundbar.aspx

Sony HTZF9 priced at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203249-sony-htzf9-soundbar.aspx

Sonos have the excellent Playbar priced at £699
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12131-sonos-playbar-soundbar-and-wireless-speaker.aspx

Right up to the MONSTER Samsung HW-Q90R retailing at £1399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204095-samsung-hw-q90r-cinematic-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Beaker_2010

Thanks Kenny,

I have the original echo and an original echo dot and 2nd generation echo dot - sorry it was the dot I meant to mention in my original msg - probably looking at one of the cheaper models due to the size of tv and might be upgrading / upsizing my main 50" led Panasonic at some stage and then would move the 502 to the bedroom if it would fit??

Is there a might sound difference between the JBL and the 2 Polks with the thought of upgrading the tv?

Should have been big sound difference not might lol

Thanks Kenny,

I have the original echo and an original echo dot and 2nd generation echo dot - sorry it was the dot I meant to mention in my original msg - probably looking at one of the cheaper models due to the size of tv and might be upgrading / upsizing my main 50" led Panasonic at some stage and then would move the 502 to the bedroom if it would fit??

Is there a might sound difference between the JBL and the 2 Polks with the thought of upgrading the tv?
    Hi Beaker_2010.

The JBL is ok but the Polk's are the better soundbars.

The Polk S2 would give a more detailed and fuller sound. It also comes with a wireless subwoofer for even more bass.

The Polk Solo is similar to the JBL with the same feature and inputs but with a slightly more refined sound.

Thanks again Kenny,

So would the Polk S2 be the more future proof ie it could be used with my 50" 4K tv in the future possibly?

The current tv is a Panasonic TX32A400B which has a HDMI(1)Arc and HDMI(2) Firestick connection and a digital audio out (Optical) and standard phono's and a scart (remember them lol) and the echo dot with a phono connection - the sub woofer might be a bit much for the bedroom any other thoughts

Sorry should have included this info in the original msg
    Thanks Kenny,

Hi Beaker_2010.

The Polk S2 would give a more detailed and fuller sound. It also comes with a wireless subwoofer for even more bass.

The Polk Solo is similar to the JBL with the same feature and inputs but with a slightly more refined sound.

• Advertisement

Thanks again Kenny,

So would the Polk S2 be the more future proof ie it could be used with my 50" 4K tv in the future possibly?

The current tv is a Panasonic TX32A400B which has a HDMI(1)Arc and HDMI(2) Firestick connection and a digital audio out (Optical) and standard phono's and a scart (remember them lol) and the echo dot with a phono connection - the sub woofer might be a bit much for the bedroom any other thoughts

Sorry should have included this info in the original msg
    Thanks Kenny,

Hi Beaker_2010.

Hey Beaker_2010.

Any of the 3 listed will run off of HDMI ARC straight from your television or any TV that has HDMI ARC.
    Your Echo would connect to the soundbar via 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack.

If you didn't want a separate subwoofer perhaps the Q Acoustics M3 might do the job. Again will connect up via HDMI ARC.
    Priced at £169
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13028-q-acoustics-m3-media-3-soundbar.aspx

Thanks Kenny,

Sorry to trouble you again,

I was checking through the specs of all the above and only the JBL would fit on the chest of drawers the tv will be sitting on the only other item that is about the same size is the  Q Acoustics M2 soundbase which has a built in sub woofer how would this compare with the JBL I don't know what the difference in sound is from a bar or a base

Are there any boardie special prices on any of these items

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks Kenny,

Sorry to trouble you again,

I was checking through the specs of all the above and only the JBL would fit on the chest of drawers the tv will be sitting on the only other item that is about the same size is the  Q Acoustics M2 soundbase which has a built in sub woofer how would this compare with the JBL I don't know what the difference in sound is from a bar or a base

Are there any boardie special prices on any of these items
    Hi Beaker_2010,

The Q Acoustics M2 would be the better buy. As it's a soundbase with a  built in sub it will give you much better low end but it's also better in terms of clarity. The M2 is a What HiFi award winner and currently on offer at £169.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.