Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs, activities, groups, classes in Drogheda

• 27-07-2019 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Ive recently moved to Drogheda on my own and wondering if theres any interesting local groups or activities for adults to get involved in? Im not into sports but I am interested in art, photography and fitness and would also be interested in taking up some new hobbies, try new things and meet new people.
    I currently dont have a car so something within walking distance in or around the town would be ideal.
    Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

There are two photography groups in the town, Drogheda Photographic Club and Boyne Valley Photographic Club, both you can find with a quick Google. There is also a good Facebook group called 'The Beauty of Drogheda', which is a good place to interact with some of the locals who like taking pictures, both pro and random smartphone pics.

There is a walking group which might be good for getting to know people.

http://www.tredaghtrekkers.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

For fitness, if you like to run there's Drogheda & District AC. They have beginner groups for people new to running. There's often couch to 5k training on as well both in that club and in other groups. There are gyms that do group training that have a club/community type vibe like Sean Kilroys, Drogheda Crossfit, ampt fitness, there are many more i'm sure. Some of these could be beside you, if you search for them in google maps it should give you an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Parkrun 5k every Saturday morning at Oldbridge

Advertisement