Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value restaurant near Abbey theatre

Options
  • 27-07-2019 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Coming to Dublin on Saturday to see show in Abbey theatre. Show on at 5pm. Friend and I wanna go late lunch/ early dinner around 3pm. Where would people recommend that nice and inexpensive within 15mins walking distance from dat part town. Will eat any type cuisine. many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there. Coming to Dublin on Saturday to see show in Abbey theatre. Show on at 5pm. Friend and I wanna go late lunch/ early dinner around 3pm. Where would people recommend that nice and inexpensive within 15mins walking distance from dat part town. Will eat any type cuisine. many thanks
    There is a little Thai restaurant near there called Thai spice which is decent.
    101 Talbot and le bon crubeen are also close and really tasty but a bit pricier (both do pre theatre and decent lunch I would think)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

M&L on cathedral street. Excellent Chinese food and reasonable price. It’s always mentioned here when people ask about best Chinese food in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Del Rio - a super little old Italian place across from the Abbey. Always full of locals, fresh fish and an old charm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would have said the 101 Talbot but they close between 3 and 5.
    I'm quite fond of Govinda's myself, but they may be a bit too budget for some.

M&L very good.
    Winding stair also good with a couple of set menu options for lunch up to 3.30.

Del Rio - a super little old Italian place across from the Abbey. Always full of locals, fresh fish and an old charm
    Is that del rio cafe? I definitely wouldn't classify it as an Italian, an Italian chipper yes (just don't want the OP expecting pizzas etc lol).
    It is really nice too.
    M and L is a brilliant shout IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Koh down near Jervis does lovely Thai, but I’m not too sure on their opening hours.

If you could hop on the Luas, you could go to Smithfield - Bel Cibo for Italian/pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Le Bon Crubeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

gmisk wrote: »
    There is a little Thai restaurant near there called Thai spice which is decent.
    101 Talbot and le bon crubeen are also close and really tasty but a bit pricier (both do pre theatre and decent lunch I would think)

Thai spice is very underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Romano's on Capel St do a great lunch deal, starter and main for €10 (think they do it on Saturdays?) proper authentic Italian and incredibly tasty food, portions a bit small but quite filling. 15 min walk to theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Probably a 20 minute walk from the Abbey but Da Mimmons is one of the best Italians in the city and their prices are very reasonable too. Check for opening times though.

You've also got Weatherspoons directly across the road from the Abbey. Might not be the best food in the world but you can get a meal and an alcoholic drink for around €12 so its hard to beat on value in that area.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    M&L on cathedral street. Excellent Chinese food and reasonable price. It’s always mentioned here when people ask about best Chinese food in Dublin.
    Those dumpling starters mmmmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Probably a 20 minute walk from the Abbey but Da Mimmons is one of the best Italians in the city and their prices are very reasonable too. Check for opening times though.

It's open all day from noon, but weekdays up to about 2.30 and after 5.00 you'd be wise to book.

Advertisement