If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics 3070s problem

Options
  • 27-07-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got my Q Acoustics 3070s sub yesterday and I have an issue with it. The sub will not go off by itself when it’s in the auto mode. Also, it makes a pop noise every 30 seconds or so. It’s not loud but you will hear it if the room is quite. It happens when the Receiver is on or off and I noticed that the green indicator light at the back flashes red for an instant when the pop noise happens.

Is there a way to get the popping noise to stop and to get it turn itself off?

I read a lot online about these being faulty a number of years ago but assumed that these issues would have been rectified by now?

Can someone please tell me if my unit is faulty? TIA

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Kagawa wrote: »
    Hi, I just got my Q Acoustics 3070s sub yesterday and I have an issue with it. The sub will not go off by itself when it’s in the auto mode. Also, it makes a pop noise every 30 seconds or so. It’s not loud but you will hear it if the room is quite. It happens when the Receiver is on or off and I noticed that the green indicator light at the back flashes red for an instant when the pop noise happens.

Is there a way to get the popping noise to stop and to get it turn itself off?  

I read a lot online about these being faulty a number of years ago but assumed that these issues would have been rectified by now?

Can someone please tell me if my unit is faulty? TIA
    Hi kagawa,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the subwoofer.

I've had a read at the manual and it does advise that the subwoofer may not auto power on automatically as certain channels may not have the low frequency information to trigger it. However it should be powering off for you. I also don't know why it would be making a constant popping noise.

If you like we can have it collected from you and tested in store and if the unit is faulty we can arrange to have a new one shipped to you?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi kagawa,

I've had a read at the manual and it does advise that the subwoofer may not auto power on automatically as certain channels may not have the low frequency information to trigger it. However it should be powering off for you. I also don't know why it would be making a constant popping noise.

If you like we can have it collected from you and tested in store and if the unit is faulty we can arrange to have a new one shipped to you?

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I just tried changing the phase from 0 to 180 and now the auto on/off feature works and the pop is there but only happens as it enters standby and the light goes red.

Is this normal?

I have contacted Q Acoustics too so maybe worth waiting for them to come back before bothering with any return.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi kagawa,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I just tried changing the phase from 0 to 180 and now the auto on/off feature works and the pop is there but only happens as it enters standby and the light goes red.

Is this normal?

I have contacted Q Acoustics too so maybe worth waiting for them to come back before bothering with any return.

Thanks
    Hi kagawa,

No problem! If you get word back from Q Acoustics let me know, they may just tell you to return it to the dealer in which case we'll just get it swapped out for you.

Let me know how you get on and we'll get you sorted!

Kind regards

David

Hi kagawa,

No problem! If you get word back from Q Acoustics let me know, they may just tell you to return it to the dealer in which case we'll just get it swapped out for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Extract from the response from Q Acoustics:

We would suggest changing the phase switch to 180 degrees and you should hopefully find the subwoofer will work the way you expect.

Please also ensure that the signal level coming from the AV receiver is high enough, as a change from green to red indicates that it is going into standby. We suggest that you completely remove mains from the unit then restart it. Then set the subwoofer volume at around a quarter and adjust the level at the receiver until it sounds balanced. This should stop the subwoofer from switching off. As soon as the subwoofer senses an input it will automatically switch into operational mode and the power light will again glow green.

I will try this tonight and report back.

Thanks,

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi kagawa,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Extract from the response from Q Acoustics:

We would suggest changing the phase switch to 180 degrees and you should hopefully find the subwoofer will work the way you expect.

Please also ensure that the signal level coming from the AV receiver is high enough, as a change from green to red indicates that it is going into standby. We suggest that you completely remove mains from the unit then restart it. Then set the subwoofer volume at around a quarter and adjust the level at the receiver until it sounds balanced. This should stop the subwoofer from switching off. As soon as the subwoofer senses an input it will automatically switch into operational mode and the power light will again glow green.

I will try this tonight and report back.

Thanks,
    Hey Kagawa.

No problem at all.

Let us know the outcome when you get home and test it out.

• Advertisement

Hey Kagawa.

No problem at all.

Just tested setting the sub to the 180 phase setting and it turns on and off automatically as suggested by A Acoustics so happy days.

Thanks Richersounds

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Kagawa.

No problem at all.

Just tested setting the sub to the 180 phase setting and it turns on and off automatically as suggested by A Acoustics so happy days.

Thanks Richersounds
    Excellent News Kagawa.

Let us know should there be any other issues, fingers crossed there is not!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.