Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pipe work under kitchen cupboard

• 28-07-2019 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can advise.
    I'm just purchasing a new house and I had a snag list conducted a few weeks ago but today opening cupboards under the kitchen I found something new.

There is pipework under the cabinet next to the hob so it would have most likely been a designated food or delph stoarage cabinet. The pipework is gas/water supply system.

I noticed there the pipework is in front of corkbord. The corkbord to be honest looks dirty with mold on it and some mold on the pipe work cables also.
    I'm not happy with this as to be honest cork bord in an area where condensation is anticipated due to working appliances seems like a recipe for a mold problem.

Can anyone tell me is it normal practice to use cork bord to support pipes like this? I will discuss with the builders but I just wanted some information prior to talking to them.

pipes kitchen.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jen_23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can advise.
    I'm just purchasing a new house and I had a snag list conducted a few weeks ago but today opening cupboards under the kitchen I found something new.

There is pipework under the cabinet next to the hob so it would have most likely been a designated food or delph stoarage cabinet. The pipework is gas/water supply system.

I noticed there the pipework is in front of corkbord. The corkbord to be honest looks dirty with mold on it and some mold on the pipe work cables also.
    I'm not happy with this as to be honest cork bord in an area where condensation is anticipated due to working appliances seems like a recipe for a mold problem.

Can anyone tell me is it normal practice to use cork bord to support pipes like this? I will discuss with the builders but I just wanted some information prior to talking to them.

pipes kitchen.jpg

That is Sterling board not cork board.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sterling+board&oq=sterling+board&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4508j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Normal enough. Mold is probably because it got damp at some point or is still getting damp and would appear on any board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is there a yellow valve on the copper pipe? If so it's gas,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement