Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Visa advice

Options
  • 28-07-2019 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm an Irish national living in the UK, married to a Peruvian.

My wife and I are considering moving to Ireland in case everything goes wrong in the UK if Brexit goes ahead.

Does anyone know the process of applying for a visa for a non EEA national? Any advice would help such as your experience of this, waiting time, documents required etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

rmg1979 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm an Irish national living in the UK, married to a Peruvian.

My wife and I are considering moving to Ireland in case everything goes wrong in the UK if Brexit goes ahead.

Does anyone know the process of applying for a visa for a non EEA national? Any advice would help such as your experience of this, waiting time, documents required etc.

Thanks.

Did you get an answer to this? You need to apply for a visitor visa and when you are here either get an appointment with INIS (if living in Dublin) or with your local immigration officer in your local garda station (if outside of Dublin) to get your stamp 4. Our stamp 4 was processed in about 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tommyIV

Daisies wrote: »
    Did you get an answer to this? You need to apply for a visitor visa and when you are here either get an appointment with INIS (if living in Dublin) or with your local immigration officer in your local garda station (if outside of Dublin) to get your stamp 4. Our stamp 4 was processed in about 3 weeks

This is very good to know. Did you need to supply much supporting documentation to get stamp 4?

Advertisement