Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman convicted for false rape allegation against 12 men in Cyprus (Overturned in Jan22)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think it's a given that the pitiful collection of beta males, dweebs, losers and men's rights activists in this thread are not having sex in any case.

Thats a disgraceful and pathetic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Free sex with no consequences is turning out to be a disaster for both sexes. What is the remedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Not the type youd bring home to meet mammy it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

NKante wrote: »
    The MeToo thing was great to expose genuine (alleged) scumbags like Cosby, Spacey and Weinstein - but as usual it went too far when the left grabbed hold of the movement and turned it into - "some guy in the 1980's touched my knee"...."My boss made a pass at me in 1992".

I'd hardly at this point put Spacey in with those 2.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

A bit of an update to this story.

She has now confessed to making it all up and it wasn't because they filmed the act, it was in revenge for having been spurned by one of the guys. He didn't want to have sex with her, so she decided to claim he and the others raped her.

Photo of the girl, face blurred. Would have been on that quick as a flash when I was a lad.

y02QES2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Photo of the girl, face blurred. Would have been on that quick as a flash when I was a lad.

I think she prefers skinless sausage.

antix80 wrote: »

Mate, this girl likes ANY sausage. Pity there weren't any palestinians there. Could have bonded with the Israelis whilst running a train on her.

Daily Mail Headline: "British slag brings peace to the Middle East"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

antix80 wrote: »

Mate, this girl likes ANY sausage. Pity there weren't any palestinians there. Could have bonded with the Israelis whilst running a train on her.

Daily Mail Headline: "British slag brings peace to the Middle East"

Might open up the door for an exciting new career as ‘the gaza stripper’ in tel aviv’s top brothel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Some actual news..

https://www.timesofisrael.com/british-tourist-said-to-admit-she-made-up-gang-rape-since-she-felt-humiliated/
    The Israeli teenager who had been considered the main suspect, upon being released from custody, said that “the truth has been revealed.”

“God will punish her. We don’t care whether she is prosecuted, the main thing is that she has been arrested,” he added. “All the teenagers coming to Ayia Napa need to be careful.”

The suspects told Channel 12 that she agreed to be filmed and “everything was consensual.”

“She said ‘close the door,’ for the children [so they shouldn’t see], she wanted sex,” one of the suspects told the network.

“As I claimed throughout, there was no rape in Cyprus,” said Nir Yaslovitzh, an attorney for some of the suspects. “The youths who went on a vacation that became a nightmare will return to their homes today. All of them will return home to their families. Cypriot police carried out a professional and thorough investigation.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/cyprus-court-remands-uk-tourist-who-said-she-made-up-rape-claim-against-israelis/
    Some of the Israeli youths have said they plan to file a joint lawsuit against the woman. Channel 13 reported they intend claim at least 60,000 euros ($66,740) in damages and that local authorities are also considering a lawsuit against the tourist for the high cost of the investigation.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/07/29/heroes-welcome-for-israeli-teens-after-woman-detained-for-false-rape-claim-update-2/
    The seven teens were jubilant when they were greeted by their cheering families at Ben Gurion Airport on Sunday night.

“In the arrivals hall, the teens, all wearing white yarmulkes, loudly celebrated their release by opening champagne bottles, chanting “Am Yisrael Chai” (the people of Israel lives) along with “the Brit is a whore.” They said they did not regret or feel bad about the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Photo of the girl, face blurred.

Thank God you pointed that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Despite not being able to see her face. Stay classy.

it was in revenge for having been spurned

I remember reading a piece on why these kind of allegations are made by some women and this was one of the common reasons.

Are you asking me to have sympathy for a girl that just tried to have 12 men BOYS innocently jailed in a foreign country for 10 years?

Her identity shouldn't even be protected.

Absolute state of you.

Are you asking me to have sympathy for a girl that just tried to have 12 men BOYS innocently jailed in a foreign country for 10 years?

Her identity shouldn't even be protected.

Absolute state of you.

No I am not asking you to have sympathy for anyone. Did I say that?

State of me? I am not defending anyone. Calm down.

You would have been on her quick as a flash yet you don't even know what she looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yes because all the characters in this story are very very classy.
    Your irritated because there’s no opportunity here to blame the male characters.
    They boys involved need to be taught to beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
    She needs to be reprogrammed as a person who has some self value.

The scary thing is, she could easily have gotten away with this. Those men would be in jail and she would be at home taking selfies and enjoying life.

py2006 wrote: »
    The scary thing is, she could easily have gotten away with this. Those men would be in jail and she would be at home taking selfies and enjoying life.

I think the story was so stupid that she would easily have been caught. The fast she tried to implicate somebody who wasn't even there. but agreed it is frightening and identities shouldn't be released before trial.

You would have been on her quick as a flash yet you don't even know what she looks like?

Oh mate, I don't even know if she has a nice personality!!!! LOL

When I was 18, I'd have been on that. She looks trim, even if her face is butters.

You're the guy that read CD covers at parties :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This is about as blatant a false claim as it gets. I noticed that she still receives anonymity in that ToI article. Is that normal? I know that she'll be named once indicted but it seems odd to withhold her name at this point.

I don't know how the Cypriot system punished false reports but I hope this one gets prosecuted and given a punishment at the highest end of the scale. Throwing around a rape allegation for such a frivolous reason is disgusting and needs to be seen as something taken seriously.

Based on what's publicly known, this girl made the allegation, possibly with the advice of friends. If this is true, then she decided to make this allegation thinking that it would be easy and risk-free and this is a major problem - the perception that such a false allegation can be made and that the risk of facing any consequences is so low. Actual prosecutions for false allegations would help correct that.

And for the benefit of those who appeared confused about the difference between a false allegation and an allegation that doesn't meet the burden of "beyond reasonable doubt", this post is about false allegations. It's not about allegations that don't reach a guilty verdict. They are very different things and shouldn't be confused.

py2006 wrote: »

Hats off to the Cypriots. We tend to look down on these 'hot' countries for being a bit corrupt and all that, but seems like they don't have that "believe all women" default position and actually investigated the crime thoroughly.

Of course it helped the Israeli lads that they had video evidence of her begging for more Shlomo cock.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Yes because all the characters in this story are very very classy.
    Your irritated because there’s no opportunity here to blame the male characters.
    They boys involved need to be taught to beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
    She needs to be reprogrammed as a person who has some self value.

No I am actually really glad they got off. Its horrible for anyone to be accused of anything they didn't do and I wouldn't be happy about it for the sake of ideology.

Oh mate, I don't even know if she has a nice personality!!!! LOL

When I was 18, I'd have been on that. She looks trim, even if her face is butters.

You're the guy that read CD covers at parties :rolleyes:

Ok fair enough, I think at 18 its a bit different. Sorry I said a word.

Hats off to the Cypriots. We tend to look down on these 'hot' countries for being a bit corrupt and all that, but seems like they don't have that "believe all women" default position and actually investigated the crime thoroughly.

Of course it helped the Israeli lads that they had video evidence of her begging for more Shlomo cock.

Or maybe it shouldn't have got as far as it did if it was so obviously fake?

Or maybe it shouldn't have got as far as it did if it was so obviously fake?

I guess they had to investigate every boy that was there. 12 of them. 5 were eliminated a few days ago.

Every phone needed to be checked. DNA sample from everyone involved.

Good life lesson for the boys here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

So despite not knowing anything about Cyprus you decided thst first they were supposed to be corrupt and now that a girl is found out lying their justice system is suddenly top notch.

Would you be interested in some Nigerian gold by any chance?

meeeeh wrote: »
    So despite not knowing anything about Cyprus you decided thst first they were supposed to be corrupt and now that a girl is found out lying their justice system is suddenly top notch.

Na, just saying these countries...you know....they're a bit...wayyy and a bit whooo.

Like the Portuguese investigating Maddy. Absolute shambles.

It's all the hot countries that are a bit mental.

You know what it's like, the Spanish cops, the Italians.....all a bit....you know

meeeeh wrote: »

Na, just saying these countries...you know....they're a bit...wayyy and a bit whooo.

Like the Portuguese investigating Maddy. Absolute shambles.

It's all the hot countries that are a bit mental.

You know what it's like, the Spanish cops, the Italians.....all a bit....you know
    A bit what ? This just seems like a mad ramble , not every hot country has a police force like the films about turkey youre imagining. Every country has had a measure of police incompetence/corruption but Im not aware of any spanish or italian police stereotype as lazy/brutal or corrupt

A bit what ? This just seems like a mad ramble , not every hot country has a police force like the films about turkey youre imagining. Every country has had a measure of police incompetence/corruption but Im not aware of any spanish or italian police stereotype as lazy/brutal or corrupt

Alright.

Name me a country in South America, Africa, the Middle East or Asia where you'd rather spend the night in jail than in Finland, Norway or England.

Case closed.

Alright.

Name me a country in South America, Africa, the Middle East or Asia where you'd rather spend the night in jail than in Finland, Norway or England.

Case closed.

I wont fault that but you shifted from spain and italy.... if your claim was the cloumbian police are a bit 'you know' id get that, no question, but what about the italians ?

• Advertisement

I wont fault that but you shifted from spain and italy.... if your claim was the cloumbian police are a bit 'you know' id get that, no question, but what about the italians ?

Ever been to football abroad? the Spanish and Italian police are known for having a penchant to use their truncheon on one's head.

Everyone knows Mediterraneans are a bit mental. Try dating a Greek girl.

Am I the only one that knows Spanish police are a bit...you know

Someone else back me up here :D

Advertisement