Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus accompanied by 4 Irish Aer Corps planes

Options
  • 28-07-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Aer Lingus Airbus A320-214 just flew overhead (Dublin) accompanied by 4 Irish Aer Corps planes (15:00 Sunday 28/07/19) heading East-South-East.

No destination logged. Currently tracking it on FlightRadar. It appears to be circling between Bray and Greystones. I'm assuming it's for an upcoming air show perhaps?

EI1936

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Bray air show fly past

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

airbusa320 wrote: »

Have to laugh at those Spitfires is that seriously all we ****in have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Don't be a mong

Don't be a mong

It's not I'm asking a legitimate question is that the Irish Air Force and if it is are you be ****in serious lol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's not I'm asking a legitimate question is that the Irish Air Force and if it is are you be ****in serious lol?

There's a fairly significant thread elsewhere on the merits of investing millions into hardware for the air corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,703 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

We do not have an air force. We have the Irish Air Corps.

Maybe do some research about what they actually do.

Those planes remind of WW2 aircraft that's all we definitely need more modern aircraft never knew it was that appalling. How old are they 50 years plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Those planes remind of WW2 aircraft that's all we definitely need more modern aircraft never knew it was that appalling. How old are they 50 years plus?

Why do we need more modern aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

What age are you? 10? If you have a problem with the IAC then perhaps go lobby the Minister for Defence & NOT the men & women that fly the aircraft in the fleet, the people in the IAC have no say about what equipment they use.

Or perhaps you are 18-21 & just a failed applicant to the IAC..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They are relatively new I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We don't invade people, so don't need bombers, nor do we get attacked from the air, so we don't need jet fighters. What we do have are light planes that are capable of being weaponized if need be, to shoot land based targets.

I know it’s wikipedia, but it does provide an overview of the Irish Air Corps and its aircraft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Air_Corps

I was observing the skills of the helicopter close up when landing close to the landing spot of the sightseeing chopper. The finesse and ease with which the pilot approached the partially sloping landing spot sideways was something to behold. The sightseeing chopper pilot was using normal standard procedures, but the other guy had it really down to an incredible fine art. They are tricky but rewarding things to handle and take s lot of extremely expensive training. Anybody can try out a few lessons (for the price of a typical main holiday as I did at Weston) to gain a good appreciation of these skills. It seems the training provided to Air Corps is quite extraordinary and beyond what a standard helicopter training could achieve.

What percentage of a tax increase will you commit to advocating for here on Boards in order to get the air force you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The newest PC9 could be counted in months, age wise. Educate yourself and go to the Military forum to argue about re-equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Don't be a mong

^^^ What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

kippy wrote: »
    Why do we need more modern aircraft?

In case the King of England comes in here and starts throwing his weight around :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

And with that uneducated quip (no current English King) this oddity of a thread is closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement