Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Israel really be condemned and boycotted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

hamsin wrote: »
    So, you have no problem to blame about half of the worldwide Jewish population?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

biko wrote: »
    Blaming all Jews for **** that happens in Israel is like blaming all Muslims for **** that happens in Saudi Arabia.

Exactly.
    Same as shooting protesters for what Hamas do.

Exactly.
    Same as shooting protesters for what Hamas do.
    Its shooting protestors for trying to set fire to the place actually.

Its kind of like a petrol bomb.

Only it goes further destruction travels farther.

Not saying the IDF is totally innocent etc. But neither are protestors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Its shooting protestors for trying to set fire to the place actually.

Its kind of like a petrol bomb.

Only it goes further destruction travels farther.

Not saying the IDF is totally innocent etc. But neither are protestors.

It's not. A Canadian Journalist was shot, first respondents. Not ignoring the fact that you don't have to shoot to kill unarmed protesters. It happened in Northern Ireland and we'd a lot of uproar and investigation into it. In Israel it's just another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

:confused:
    About half of the worldwide Jewish population live in Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Israeli forces also blackmail gay Palestinians to become informants. A lot of empathy right there.

Israeli forces also blackmail gay Palestinians to become informants. A lot of empathy right there.
    Hamas kills them.

And many in the Israeli press object to the blackmailing.

But REMEMBER they are MEMBERS of hamas who are gay not average Palestinians. They are not innocent.

About half of the worldwide Jewish population live in Israel.
    And you just hate all israelis and think all israelis have no empathy??

Hamas kills them.

And many in the Israeli press object to the blackmailing.

But REMEMBER they are MEMBERS of hamas who are gay not average Palestinians. They are not innocent.

So that balances out so ;)

No Israeli butchery, no Hamas. Would you apologise to the victims of the IRA during the troubles? You are equating all Palestinians with Hamas. Unless you are suggesting the Israeli's only ever murder members of Hamas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Well that's not true.

So killing children, forcing people out of their homes by force and blackmailing gay Palestinians.

Some amount of empathy shown there by the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

And you just hate all israelis and think all israelis have no empathy??
    What???? I'm an Israeli BTW.

So that balances out so ;)

No Israeli butchery, no Hamas.
    Are you JOKING ME?

They tried to overthrow the Jordanian Royal family.

Hamas are into it deep in lebannon and syria.

They have plans way way beyond israel. Not to mention they hate fatah more than they hate israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Posts in English only, please.

What???? I'm an Israeli BTW.

How was your experience in the army?

What city are you from?

And erm why are you posting on an Irish forum are you living here?

Mr E wrote: »
    Mod: Posts in English only, please.
    Is that in the charter?

I don't think so. They are just very loud.

I would say in the states maybe a quarter of Jews.

I support israels right to defend itself. But what i really want is just peace.

I get sick of people bringing it up around me though.

Or bringing it up constantly when there are lots of other things wrong in the world.

I would say in the states maybe a quarter of Jews.

I support israels right to defend itself. But what i really want is just peace.

I get sick of people bringing it up around me though.

Or bringing it up constantly when there are lots of other things wrong in the world.

It must be terribly annoying for the Israeli drives the bulldozer that demolishes Palestinian homes, the soldier shooting a protester dead. I mean 'Brexit', am I right?

It must be terribly annoying for the Israeli drives the bulldozer that demolishes Palestinian homes, the soldier shooting a protester dead. I mean 'Brexit', am I right?

What? :confused:

Bye dude i am done with your hate and drama.

Yeah but the standard reasoning is “they’re worse than us”.

Yeah but the standard reasoning is “they’re worse than us”.
    No. The standard reasoning they are as much of threat to Israelis and Israelis are to them.

Don't you get it?

Israelis are afraid of them. Fear makes people crazy.

• Advertisement

No. The standard reasoning they are as much of threat to Israelis and Israelis are to them.

Don't you get it?

Look, to be clear, nobody has a right to kill anyone IMO. There are many Israeli's don't agree with BiBi lead state policy. It's the Israeli state we're talking about here, not all Israelis.

The Palestinians are in no reality as much as a threat as the Israelis. Also Israel is the aggressor here. Palestinian protesters are reacting to Israeli actions. As are Hamas. If I stole a peoples land, kept stealing it and shot at anyone complained, I'd expect push back. Rather than being fearful how about stopping? How about peace talks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Israel is 5700 kms from ireland,i really don't see why people over here regard it as any of their business.

Antisemitism is the only explanation.

Don't you get it?

The IDF is massively better armed than Hamas or any Palestinian protestor.
    The Israeli general population might have fears of Palestinian attacks I’ll grant you but it’s nothing compared to the fear Palestinians have after a HAMAS attack as they expect Israeli rockets hitting their schools, hospitals etc.
    We have seen what happens and it’s much worse than what Israelis fear.

Israel is 5700 kms from ireland,i really don't see why people over here regard it as any of their business.

That's a very ignorant view IMO.
    We're talking on if boycotting Israeli goods is warranted. Also we did have Mossad agents using fake Irish passports a few years ago.
    Besides it worked against South African apartheid.

Ah so distance is the key?
    Stupid post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD2FezhJgqA

"protestors" my arse..they're being trained for genocide..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Don't you get it?

to be fair israel is 20 times bigger a threat to the palestinians then the palestinians are to israel. israel has superior equipment and a military, and regularly carpet bomb palestinian territories especially civilian areas. the palestinians just have ineffective rockets and the odd stabber or shooter.
    both are wrong to be going at each other, but it is ultimately israel which is the major aggresser here. they need to get back within their 1948 borders and stop causing trouble from their side. especially if they want to try and convince us that they are a democracy and a western style state. those who were forced off their land need to be given the right to return to that land, even if it is in israel within the 1948 borders.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

to be fair israel is 20 times bigger a threat to the palestinians then the palestinians are to israel. israel has superior equipment and a military, and regularly carpet bomb palestinian territories especially civilian areas. the palestinians just have ineffective rockets and the odd stabber or shooter.
    both are wrong to be going at each other, but it is ultimately israel which is the major aggresser here. they need to get back within their 1948 borders and stop causing trouble from their side. especially if they want to try and convince us that they are a democracy and a western style state. those who were forced off their land need to be given the right to return to that land, even if it is in israel within the 1948 borders.
    Their rockets are pretty effective. Guided too.

Israelis build bomb shelters though.

Palestine does not.

Stupid post.

Are you concerned for example with what happens in Lagos,Nigeria?

A mere 5271 kilometrs distant:

Here's 65 people killed in one day

Here's 30 more

After 2 seconds of googling./..all these innocent people..why arent you defending them and condemning Boko Haram?

• Advertisement

Stupid post.
    Lots of things are happening in the world. Much worse Syria Yemen. China. Myanamar. Burma.

Its like they have been inducted into a debate.

I am not saying you can't or should not support palestine. But I don't get the visceral hate expressed to jews and israelis.

I mean you had the lord mayor of dublin turn up to an event to celebrate the grand mufti then he says he didn't know the mufti helped hitler when photos surface online of the two men meeting.

Its mad if you didn't know who he was why did you go?

Israel and palestine are equally bad or equally good whatever way you look at it. Like unionists and nationalists the only way forward is reconciliation.

Advertisement