Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Israel really be condemned and boycotted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

hamsin wrote: »
    How much land have Israelis "stolen" in the last 40 years?

FourMaps2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

bunderoon wrote: »
    FourMaps2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Most of the white area depicted above.
    Does Israel even have a set size, official geography or do they keep it vague, change it every couple of weeks?

Most of the with area depicted above.
    Does Israel even have a set size, official geography or do they keep it vague, change it every couple of weeks?
    There are millions of stupid pictures in internet.
    I ask a very simple question: how much land have Israelis "stolen" in the last 40 years?
    Those who constantly are whining and screaming about "stolen land" should know the answer. Otherwise they should shut up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Most of the with area depicted above. Does Israel even have a set size, official geography or do they keep it vague, change it every couple of weeks?

Head over and ask them.
    Don't forget to write.

• Advertisement

There are millions of stupid pictures in internet.
    I ask a very simple question: how much land have Israelis "stolen" in the last 40 years?
    Those who constantly are whining and screaming about "stolen land" should know the answer. Otherwise they should shut up.

Well 7,099 KM that they brazenly lay claim to illegally.

Are you suggesting they've not stuck their heads out of the original border? Have you heard of the unrest over there?

Well 7,099 KM that they brazenly lay claim to illegally.
    To claim and to steal are different things. And where you got this claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

hasbara shill alert :rolleyes:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Not in this case. They took land. They then laid claim. Have you heard of the Golan Heights at all? Are you suggesting they take land but leave it never claiming it? It would be great for peace, if they were interested in such a thing.
    You asked for a figure on stolen land. I gave one so I'll take that as acknowledged.
    World united in condemnation of Trump over call to recognise Israel’s claim to Golan Heights
    ‘Illegal and unacceptable recognition does not change the fact that it belongs to Syria,’ says Tehran
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-israel-golan-heights-iran-turkey-russia-syria-erdogan-a8834636.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

bunderoon wrote: »
    FourMaps2.png

Map is incorrect.

Wholly incorrect.

The first map should be twice the size it is. British mandate palestine inc transjordan to the right. Palestinians would have at that time consider it a part of Palestine. Its Now Jordan. what was JORDAN was also a part of Palestine then. The British gave it to the Jordanians.

The west bank was part of palestine after the british mandate though.

The second map/third is also incorrect. The west bank was occupied by jordan and was a part of jordan then. It wasn't a part of palestine.

Jordan was called the hashimite kingdom ...its now home to many people many of whom are identical to palestinians in DNA.

Jordan occupied the west back from 49 to 67.

• Advertisement

Map is incorrect.

Link? Are you saying they've stolen more land? Any updated map so?

The land palestine has now is actually the only land they have historically controlled.

And Arabs today live across Israel about 2 million. But they never controlled the land there historically.

The difference is Jews were ethnically cleansed from the Jordanian controlled parts of what is now the palestinian controlled west bank.

Any map that claims the west bank was a part of palestine from 49 to 67 is a blatant lie.

Palestinians have never had more land than they have now under their political control.

Has there been displacement due to wars? Yes. Many Palestinians also left the west bank during the jordanian occupation.

Link? Are you saying they've stolen more land? Any updated map so?
    They have never stolen any land.

The west bank was owned by jordan.

Palestinians have exactly the same land now as they have ever had.

In terms of palestinians living outside of palestine ...yes many live in Jordan. When the west bank was occupied by Jordan between 49 and 67 many tried to assimilate into Jordanian society.

This became less sucessful after the PLO attempted to destroy the Jodanian royal family etc. Jordan doesn't treat palestinians in jordan too well to this day tbh.

Link? Are you saying they've stolen more land?
    Read what i just told you.

In 1947 THIS was 'palestine'

The black line gives you the border.
    Its TWICE the size you claim.

wp2adb3138_06.png

Transjordan and the west bank became jordan until 67 when jordan gave the plo the west bank.

:rolleyes:

NOW do you realize how big and blatant the lies are??

Also palestinians NEVER governed ANY land until 67.

There was never a Palestinian currency etc.

The land palestine has now is actually the only land they have historically controlled.

And Arabs today live across Israel about 2 million. But they never controlled the land there historically.

The difference is Jews were ethnically cleansed from the Jordanian controlled parts of what is now the palestinian controlled west bank.

Any map that claims the west bank was a part of palestine from 49 to 67 is a blatant lie.

Palestinians have never had more land than they have now under their political control.

Has there been displacement due to wars? Yes. Many Palestinians also left the west bank during the jordanian occupation.

Says who? Israel? The former British Empire? How much land did Israel politically have control of 100 years ago? Does this mean the entirety of Israel isn't really there's to claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Well this is pure tripe.

They have never stolen any land.

The west bank was owned by jordan.

Palestinians have exactly the same land now as they have ever had.

In terms of palestinians living outside of palestine ...yes many live in Jordan. When the west bank was occupied by Jordan between 49 and 67 many tried to assimilate into Jordanian society.

This became less sucessful after the PLO attempted to destroy the Jodanian royal family etc. Jordan doesn't treat palestinians in jordan too well to this day tbh.

The people who lived on what Israel took and continue to take didn't just move there the day before the bulldozers went in.

Read what i just told you.

In 1947 THIS was 'palestine'

The black line gives you the border.
    Its TWICE the size you claim.

wp2adb3138_06.png

Transjordan and the west bank became jordan until 67 when jordan gave the plo the west bank.

:rolleyes:

NOW do you realize how big and blatant the lies are??

Also palestinians NEVER governed ANY land until 67.

There was never a Palestinian currency etc.

The people had to be there to be shot and stolen from by the Israeli regime.
    The British mandate. Seems legit.

The British mandate. Seems legit.

Dude ..you didn't even realize Jordan owned the west bank until 67.

How much credibility do you really expect me to give you???

Palestinians have more land under their political control now than they have ever had in history.

Im not saying they should not have more. Who knows.

Think about it why does Israel have to supply them with electricity and water? If they were once a state??

Why does Israel have to collect tax to hand over to the PLO???
    If they were ever a state??

Its really abnormal for a state that was supposedly a state for centuries to not be able to do these things no?

You've been scammed.

I see these maps online. I know immediately not to engage because the person who shows them is either a looper or just incredibly uneducated.

If this is where you are at you need to do a lot of research.

Dude that never happened.

In fact the proof that it never happened is that 7 arab countries totally foreign and unconnected had to invade for there to be a war.

• Advertisement

Not saying all but at least some palestinian activists are going to someday be woke enough to see they have been scammed.

Its not going to be a pleasant feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Not saying all but at least some palestinian activists are going to someday be woke enough to see they have been scammed.

Its not going to be a pleasant feeling.

The sooner you get a job the better. 4,700 posts in 13 weeks.

Sweet mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Look, we have to get used to the idea that Jews are always going to do this. Israel is the Jews' homeland, and therefore criticism of Israel will be interpreted as criticism of the tribe.

Since Jews are perhaps the most ethnocentric people on earth, this kind of criticism will always meet with a vicous, seemingly "unhinged" response and accusations of "anti-semitism."

This tactic has worked to shame and silence the goyim for over 70 years. Why would they stop using it now?

These people are not unhinged. They are functioning normally and rationally from an ethnocentric point of view. We could learn a thing or two from them.

I am used to the idea that they do this, and I’m used to the reality that it is complete nonsense when they do. Where we obviously disagree is in thinking this is a good thing. Nor do I think Irish people have anything to “learn” from this. We’re doing just fine going all over the world getting on with people and garnering good will. We have no objectives of stealing territory or killing innocent people so therefore have nothing to learn from the state of Israel.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    The sooner you get a job the better. 4,700 post in 13 weeks.

Sweet mother of God.
    I have a job.

It probably pays better than yours. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I have a job.

It probably pays better than yours. ;)

That may be so. But I have a family & social life.

You clearly don’t.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I am used to the idea that they do this, and I’m used to the reality that it is complete nonsense when they do. Where we obviously disagree is in thinking this is a good thing. Nor do I think Irish people have anything to “learn” from this. We’re doing just fine going all over the world getting on with people and garnering good will. We have no objectives of stealing territory or killing innocent people so therefore have nothing to learn from the state of Israel.
    I would like to bring this post to the mods attention.

Any suggestion that jews as a whole have negative character traits. Should be dealt with.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    That may be so. But I have a family & social life.

You clearly don’t.

Ad hominem. Personal insult and bullying.

Clear to see who collects the ww2 german memorabilia in this thread.

Could people STOP derailing this thread.

Can we FACE the fact that palestinians have more land now than they have ever controlled in History??

And that the map people are basing most of their argument on is one that has never ever existed?

Their argument is based on a provable lie.

Jews have NEVER stolen anyone's land.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Could people STOP derailing this thread.

Can we FACE the fact that palestinians have more land now than they have ever controlled in History??

And that the map people are basing most of their argument on is one that has never ever existed?

Their argument is based on a provable lie.

Jews have NEVER stolen anyone's land.

Whether or not the country existed as a independent State doesn’t mean the area, province or people didn’t.

Advertisement