Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Israel really be condemned and boycotted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I don't get why anyone is surprised at Palestine being a mess. You vote terrorist groups in govt like hamas and the PLO turns out they can't collect tax or provide water.

Who knew terrorist groups with zero experience of running a country would be so bad at it.

Wow, you _really_ like posting in this thread!

My "lot"? I don't have one.

Here, try this link instead.

Independent journalists confirm the Israeli blockades - and list many more injustices.

But you know all this and aren't interested in debate, just in shouting everyone else down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Independent journalists confirm the Israeli blockades - and list many more injustices.

But you know all this and aren't interested in debate, just in shouting everyone else down.
    I am telling you for the last time.

Medical supplies from Israel to Gaza

I am telling you for the last time...

But it won't be the last time... 28 posts in the thread in the last 4 hours? You're... kind of obsessed. "No drama just fun." Hmm. If you say so.

But it won't be the last time... 28 posts in the thread in the last 4 hours? You're... kind of obsessed. "No drama just fun." Hmm. If you say so.

Why are you personally insulting me because I am providing accurate and effective contraindications to your information??

Is it because rather than say 'OH i was wrong ..i am not sure if i agree with you right now but i must look more into that' you would rather just throw stones?

Also i find this rather amusing considering the context of this thread.

Palestinians who were stranded whilst traveling because of Egypt closing their border get back into Palestine through the Israeli border.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you know that it was ACTUALLY the Jordanians that names the west bank, the 'West Bank'. The hint is in the name its not the west bank for Palestinians its west of the river Jordan for Jordanians. Its east of gaza.

Its not even the palestinian name for it.

They call it ''the hill country of Samaria and Judea"

• Advertisement

Your link confirms that i have said .

Also egypt allows NOTHING.

I'm not insulting you, I'm pointing out that 28 posts in 4 hours (or 31 in 5 hours), many of them just repeating or reposting the same thing, is... well, kind of obsessive. Shouting the most does not win an argument.

Nor, for that matter, does posting videos from YouTube, with no commentary, or indeed any English dialogue.

The point remains, at very regular intervals, Israel has repeatedly imposed blockades and included basics such as building materials, paper and cosmetics in their controlled and banned lists. They breach international agreements, evict Palestinians from their homes, demolish their homes, and build illegal settlements. They divert water away from Palestinian villages, shoot at children, and have officers and ministers praise the soldiers who shoot children.

Are the Palestinians totally blameless? Of course not, and I don't think anyone on the thread suggests they are. But if you can't acknowledge or recognise the huge injustices done to the Palestinian people on a historical and continuous, ongoing basis, there's no point in continuing to engage with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I don't get why anyone is surprised at Palestine being a mess. You vote terrorist groups in govt like hamas and the PLO turns out they can't collect tax or provide water.

Who knew terrorist groups with zero experience of running a country would be so bad at it.

It didn't seem to do Israel much harm. Both right-wing Irgun and the extremist Lehi(Stern Gang) were terrorist groups that fought to establish Israel. Irgun was inducted into the nascent IDF and its political wing eventually evolved into the Likud party. Lehi members were amnestied shortly after the foundation of Israel and subsequently honoured with a military decoration, the Lehi Ribbon. Both provided future leaders, such as Prime Minister Shamir who was a former member of Lehi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

I think you have to concede the Irish view of Israel is distorted completely.

And you can't help the Palestinians right now without criticizing Egypt Jordan Lebannon and Syria.

Yes clearly we learn nothing in our 'highschools'.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

Not in this case.
    In any case. Learn to respect the language.
    You asked for a figure on stolen land. I gave one so I'll take that as acknowledged.
    You presented a random number, which proves nothing, but that you can count to 7,099.
    So, how much land have Israelis "stolen" in the last 40 years?

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    You do know there under a harsh and illegal blockade that is a scar on the face of humanity.
    And with this "harsh blockade" the life expectancy in Gaza is higher, than in 100 countries, including Russia and China. cool.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Arabs were displaced by EUROPEAN jews after WW2, displaced by force. These Arabs had lived there for centuries beforehand. How is that in anyway morally acceptable?

The jews lived there for THOUSANDS of years before the Arabs threw them out.

How do you defend THAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How do you defend THAT?

Herds of camels before that probably.
    Bring back the camels.
    This is becoming laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Herds of camels before that probably. Bring back the camels. This is becoming laughable.

You sure know how to back up your points astutely.

Herds of camels before that probably.
    Bring back the camels.
    Do camels claim the land? :rolleyes:

How do you defend THAT?

Who lived there before the Jews?
    How do you defend that?

It’s getting silly in here.

hamsin wrote: »
    Do camels claim the land? :rolleyes:

The point is that we can only talk about the present times and what’s happening now, and what’s happening is extremely unfair to the Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would like to bring this post to the mods attention.

Any suggestion that jews as a whole have negative character traits. Should be dealt with.

What are you accusing me of?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

How do you defend THAT?

Dunno about that. Semites lived there 'THOUSANDS' of years. About 1000 if WIKI is to be believed....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_Judaism_in_the_Land_of_Israel#Early_Israelites

Semites are not only Jewish people as you know..

And as said, who lived there before that?
    Should we also apply the same logic to Native American Indians or Austrailian Aborigines? Numerous Asian tribes. Numerous European tribes...

Is a person of Jewish heritage/lineage more important than an Indian or Aborigine? Of more value than any of us for that matter? Why the special privilege?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Dude ..you didn't even realize Jordan owned the west bank until 67.

How much credibility do you really expect me to give you???

Palestinians have more land under their political control now than they have ever had in history.

Im not saying they should not have more. Who knows.

Think about it why does Israel have to supply them with electricity and water? If they were once a state??

Why does Israel have to collect tax to hand over to the PLO???
    If they were ever a state??

Its really abnormal for a state that was supposedly a state for centuries to not be able to do these things no?

You've been scammed.

I see these maps online. I know immediately not to engage because the person who shows them is either a looper or just incredibly uneducated.

If this is where you are at you need to do a lot of research.

Buddy, I knew there was no modern political Palestinian government in situ pre setting up the Israeli state.

This is you:
    Palestinians have never had more land than they have now under their political control.

Neither did Israel. So now what? In fact there wasn't even an Israel.

My credibility lies in my commenting on the Israeli regime butchering civilians for land under the guise of security. That's my only point. Where have you debunked that? All you are doing is continuing the low Israeli regime propaganda of trying to take the legitimacy of Palestine from the Palestinians. It's a disgusting effort to be apologist for a regime guilty of breaching human rights and state sanctioned murder.
    Basically you can commit a bloody occupation of a peoples land if their society doesn't have a political system of your choosing.

• Advertisement

Any suggestion that jews as a whole have negative character traits. Should be dealt with.

FYI: Israel isn't 'the jews'. It's a faux statlet which happens to have many people of the Jewish faith in it's population. The Israeli state is the one with the issues.

The point is that we can only talk about the present times and what’s happening now, and what’s happening is extremely unfair to the Palestinians.
    I always suspected that Jews are extremely unfair people. :rolleyes:

hamsin wrote: »
    I always suspected that Jews are extremely unfair people. :rolleyes:

That's a tired and well worn Israeli tactic that nobody takes seriously.
    I know the Israeli government isn't even fond of Israeli Jews that disagree with their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Did you know that it was ACTUALLY the Jordanians that names the west bank, the 'West Bank'. The hint is in the name its not the west bank for Palestinians its west of the river Jordan for Jordanians. Its east of gaza.

Its not even the palestinian name for it.

They call it ''the hill country of Samaria and Judea"

Most of us barely speak english, so there's little chance of any of us understanding your written in the opposite direction style languages at all, at all.

Palestinians have more land under their political control now than they have ever had in history.

Im not saying they should not have more. Who knows.

Think about it why does Israel have to supply them with electricity and water? If they were once a state??

Why does Israel have to collect tax to hand over to the PLO???
    If they were ever a state??

Its really abnormal for a state that was supposedly a state for centuries to not be able to do these things no?

You've been scammed.

I see these maps online. I know immediately not to engage because the person who shows them is either a looper or just incredibly uneducated.

If this is where you are at you need to do a lot of research.

So you're saying that they have more land in their power than ever, while stating that they don't even have the power to collect taxes..........

Being blatantly intellectually dishonest there. Not once does he mention or hint at "jews" in any sense.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Being blatantly intellectually dishonest there. Not once does he mention or hint at "jews" in any sense.

If enough of the Israeli lobby pile on it'll become true in a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I wonder are they paid by the word or sentence?

I find it strange that people think Israel restricts the movement of Palestinians.
    Lebanon Madagascar Syria Egypt Libya etc don't let them in at all.

Egypts border still closed.

Palestinians from Gaza must seek special permission from the Jordanian govt.

Most Palestinians in the West Bank are actually Jordanian citizens (they have jordanian passports because west bank was jordan up until 67) with no Palestinian passport (plo doesn't give them neither does hamas its weird).

https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/the-day-arab-contempt-for-palestine-finally-surfaced-26133

You should see the way the arab world treats Palestine.

Its Tehran they are screaming death to Palestine. You wouldn't get that kind of rhetoric in Israel.

The hatred is because their regime in Tehran just like in Iran funds hamas and hezbollah instead of funding their schools. They are tired of it.

Libya has banned ANY Palestinian from entering. Indefinitely.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-security/libyas-official-government-bans-palestinians-syrians-and-sudanese-from-entry-idUSKBN0KF17720150106

That includes people who are Palestinian but have a Jordanian passport.

I have never seen anyone ask why the so many countries are banning palestinians from entering.

Israel DOES let Palestinians enter. Even from Gaza.

Personally i think the other arab countries are paranoid and racist towards palestinians.

If Israel can let Palestinians lets face it anyone can.

Its never recognized by anti Israeli people that very few other countries in the Region allow Palestinians to travel at all. That is how great the threat THEY think it is.

• Advertisement

I wonder are they paid by the word or sentence?
    I am not paid.

I Jewish. I have friends in Israel. I want people here to understand its not so simple. Its important to me.

And i don't think Palestinians are evil etc.

The better the world understands the conflict the more effective they can be in helping to bring about peace.

Advertisement