Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Israel really be condemned and boycotted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Israel received 21 UN condemnations for violating basic human rights of Palestinians in 2018.

The rest of the world combined received 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Anyway if you are against Israels entire policy towards Palestine...you don't need to be anti Semitic. Or hateful.

Just express it in the right way.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Israel received 21 UN condemnations for violating basic human rights of Palestinians in 2018.

The rest of the world combined received 7.
    Really?

Syria ...Iran ..Tehran??? China etc??? Sudan??

I see.

Anyway if you are against Israels entire policy towards Palestine...you don't need to be anti Semitic. Or hateful.

Just express it in the right way.

The Jewish people are great. Its just the Zionist regime of the state of Israel is driving it down a road to moral degeneration, which is the biggest threat to its security.

I don't understand why the world doesn't stand with Palestine against Egypt right now they actually need the support to be able to open the border there.

These people are pro Hamas. They say the Egyptian blockade is worse than Israeli terrorism and hurts them worse.
    SOUNDBITE: (Arabic) Abeer Al Jammal, Protester: "He (President Mubarak) is trying to justify building the wall. What he is doing is a terrorist act. Building the wall is worse than Israeli terrorism."

And yes Egyptian soldiers have killed Palestinians.

But since it doesn't involve Israel no one is interested.

• Advertisement

General Sisi is another propped up despot by the West. Whatever the U.S says he does. Do you think the average Egyptian citizen wants him in power. I think not.

The Jewish people are great. Its just the Zionist regime of the state of Israel is driving it down a road to moral degeneration, which is the biggest threat to its security.
    If that is the case why does every country in the Region ban Palestinians from entering?

And why is every country in the region always on the brink of collapse and extremism?

Israel is a Jewish state.

There are many muslim states. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Oman, and Yemen all Islamic states.

General Sisi is another propped up despot by the West. Whatever the U.S says he does. Do you think the average Egyptian citizen wants him in power. I think not.

Well NO **** its a military govt with unchecked power its not a democracy.

You should hear the anti Palestinian rhetoric on their news channels its like NAZI GERMANY LEVEL racist propaganda.
    “We are unwilling to sacrifice [even] a single soldier’s eyebrow hair for the likes of Hamas and Islamic Jihad, while they ‘wage jihad’ around the swimming pools,” he said. “People are revolted by you. Get lost.”

Egyptian news. State news of course. Its pure racist tripe. Totally anti Palestinian and bigoted. This would never be allowed on Israeli tv.

You would be wrong to think ordinary Egyptians support palestine either. As you can see from protests in Tehran its changing.

Unfortunately NOT for the right reasons.

Palestinians are looked upon like gypsies. Like we treat travelers here.

And the average Egyptian wants democracy no Sisi. But the average Egyptian is not mad about Hamas either. In fact they are rather angry at them.

You saw how an Irish man Ibrahim Halawa who tried to protest for democracy in Egypt was treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You would be wrong to think ordinary Egyptians support palestine either. As you can see from protests in Tehran its changing.

Unfortunately NOT for the right reasons.

Palestinians are looked upon like gypsies. Like we treat travelers here.

And no the average Egyptian wants democracy. But the average Egyptian is not mad about Hamas either. In fact they are rather angry at them.

There’s been no reports of our army opening fire on Travellers even at violent funerals, weddings, twenty-firsts etc.

• Advertisement

There’s been no reports of our army opening fire on Travellers even at violent funerals, weddings, twenty-firsts etc.
    No but the Egyptian army does. And that is the type of rhetoric that is now on Egyptian TV.

That's not good.

By the way Egypt has previously occupied Palestine for yrs too. From 49 to 67. Gaza

So there is history there.

So the idea they are there again with 'FISHING FARMS' etc. I dunno.

Israel should get rid of the settlements.

Hamas should be decommissioned. No more protestors at the border. Palestine recognizes Israel and Israel recognizes Palestine.

Jerusalem becomes a bi-national city.

Palestine is not allowed have arms for 50 yrs.

There peace sorted.

We also dont kill traveller kids who play football on a beach.

Hamas should be decommissioned. No more protestors at the border. Palestine recognizes Israel and Israel recognizes Palestine.

Jerusalem becomes a bi-national city.

Palestine is not allowed have arms for 50 yrs.

There peace sorted.

By the way tayto ..that is also another reason why that map is wrong.

During that time not only was the west bank part of Jordan ( i mean its pretty obvious its the west bank of the river jordan from jordan its not west from the palestinian point of view) .

But at that time Gaza was part of Egypt.

During this time only Eygpt and Jordan gave passports to people in the west bank (for jordanin passports) and gaza (eygptian passports).

We also dont kill traveller kids who play football on a beach.

IDF says it was Hamas ..hamas says it was the IDF.

I just want it to stop.

You are missing the point though.

Ignore the TITLE he was mentally disabled. The state tv spread about he was dangerous he obv isn't.

Its the rhetoric that starts things.

Whether it be Israeli or Palestinian or Egyptian.

By the way i wouldn't believe everything hamas says about the Egyptian army though. Not by a long shot.

They aren't evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Israel DOES let Palestinians enter. Even from Gaza.

Personally i think the other arab countries are paranoid and racist towards palestinians.

If Israel can let Palestinians lets face it anyone can.

Its never recognized by anti Israeli people that very few other countries in the Region allow Palestinians to travel at all. That is how great the threat THEY think it is.

So the OP, 'Should Israel really be boycotted?' No, because other countries treat them poorly too?
    If that is the case why does every country in the Region ban Palestinians from entering?

And why is every country in the region always on the brink of collapse and extremism?

Israel is a Jewish state.

There are many muslim states. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Oman, and Yemen all Islamic states.

Are you suggesting people should be relocated to countries with their own kind? Should all Jews worldwide be expected to up sticks and move to Israel and if not any consequences they suffer are their own fault? That's a great example of Aryan philosophy by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

I wonder are they paid by the word or sentence?
    You can do your military service in Israel putting out propaganda on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I am not paid.

I Jewish. I have friends in Israel. I want people here to understand its not so simple. Its important to me.

And i don't think Palestinians are evil etc.

The better the world understands the conflict the more effective they can be in helping to bring about peace.

Your religion and ethnicity are irrelevant. As is mine (also Jewish ethnicity - not that it matters). I too have friends in Israel, and Israeli friends in Ireland.

You claim that you don't think Palestinians are evil, but you have and continue to flood this thread with your pro-Israeli/anti-Palestinian posts, drowning out other voices, while cherry picking YouTube videos that aren't even in English and are from 10+ years ago...

Basically, you're not doing your side any favours. You have made the same point, repeatedly. You can stop repeating it. We get it. There isn't a constant blockade, and other countries aside from Israel have strict entry requirements. We know this. We're not disputing it.

But that still doesn't excuse the illegal seizure of Palestinian land and territory, the evictions, the theft of water, the apartheid inflicted on Palestinians, which you seem to ignore.

We get it. You love Israel. We got that 40 posts ago...

But that still doesn't excuse the illegal seizure of Palestinian land and territory, the evictions, the theft of water, the apartheid inflicted on Palestinians, which you seem to ignore.

There isn't theft of water.
    Israel is required to provide a certain amount of water through its system to both Jordan and Palestine.
    Israel agreed to give Jordan 50,000,000 cubic metres (1.8×109 cu ft) of water each year

The Oslo accord.
    The water resources of Palestine are fully controlled by Israel and the division of groundwater is subject to provisions in the Oslo II Accord.

The water accords were one of the most important elements of the Taba Interim Agreement (Oslo II) signed by Israel and the PA in September 1995.

The PA signed OVER control of the entire water underground water supply to Israel. They had no choice they couldn't run it.

I am sure Israel uses water politically when it shouldn't with both Palestine and Jordan.

But why don't these counties have their own water systems by now?

I realize the Palestinian Authority effectively 'consented to their own colonization' in the eyes of pro Palestinian people but what did you expect them to do? They had no water system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would like to bring this post to the mods attention.

Any suggestion that jews as a whole have negative character traits. Should be dealt with.

Once again, what are you accusing me of here?

Israel is required to provide a certain amount of water through its system to both Jordan and Palestine.

Yeah. There is.

Let's see how that provision of water works out in practice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_sanitation_in_the_State_of_Palestine#Water_use_of_Israelis_versus_Palestinians

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/palestinian-villages-hours-water-week-161023105150024.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/sep/14/west-bank-villagers-battle-water

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-why-doesn-t-israel-want-palestinians-to-have-running-water-1.6959524

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190307-israel-cuts-water-supply-to-2600-palestinians-in-jordan-valley/

(Apologies. One of those sources is nearly 8 years old. But they are all in English, at least. If those ones aren't good enough for you, I have more. But yeah - Israel steals Palestine's water.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

I am not paid.

I Jewish. I have friends in Israel. I want people here to understand its not so simple. Its important to me.

And i don't think Palestinians are evil etc.

The better the world understands the conflict the more effective they can be in helping to bring about peace.

I don't think you want people to understand you...I think you want folk to agree with you and if they don't agree with you ...you will report them to mods.

I am an Irish woman married to a Boer ...he was also an AWB member so I know conscript..It was never voluatery

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

The Oslo accord.

The water accords were one of the most important elements of the Taba Interim Agreement (Oslo II) signed by Israel and the PA in September 1995.

The PA signed OVER control of the entire water underground water supply to Israel. They had no choice they couldn't run it.

I am sure Israel uses water politically when it shouldn't with both Palestine and Jordan.

But why don't these counties have their own water systems by now?

I realize the Palestinian Authority effectively 'consented to their own colonization' in the eyes of pro Palestinian people but what did you expect them to do? They had no water system?

Illegal settlements have swimming pools while the Palestinians (who used to live on that land but were forced to leave at gun point and their houses bulldozed) now have a 3rd world water supply.

Even the sewage flows down from the settlements and into the patches of land that the Palestinians are trying to survive on.

They are literally being $hitted on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

I am still and will not be the better of seeing a Palestian man picking up pieces of his his child and putting them into plastic bags...maybe I am wrong I could be wrong...maybe Israel parents are doing the same....Strongly doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

Mass expulsion of Jews from their homes in the Land of Israel is a sweet dream of all enemies of Israel. I hope it never happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

hamsin wrote: »
    Mass expulsion of Jews from their homes in the Land of Israel is a sweet dream of all enemies of Israel. I hope it never happens.

Hor$e****. No one wants that, so stop with the dramatics.... No one falls for that nonsense.

Define the Land of Israel - what are its borders? Virtually every other country in the world has it's borders defined.

Can you state here exactly where they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Its Tehran they are screaming death to Palestine. You wouldn't get that kind of rhetoric in Israel.

God no.....

https://youtu.be/ylsqxqTo4dk

https://youtu.be/u3WmHxUwc_M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

You can do your military service in Israel putting out propaganda on social media.

You don't even need to be in the military, they have services which sign up students to spread propaganda and combat critical views on the internet, you can be paid for doing it.

• Advertisement

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    You don't even need to be in the military, they have services which sign up students to spread propaganda and combat critical views on the internet, you can be paid for doing it.

I wonder is three anyone on boards doing that? Badly? Repeatedly?

Maybe even on this thread...

Advertisement