Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Israel really be condemned and boycotted?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Its the middle east its not Europe it will always be a cluster **** you have to learn to work with that.

What was Europe till the end of WW2 ?? Centuries of killing and conquering each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,686 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So you admit it. You are saying Jews have no empathy. Yes this Jew can read.

That is pure antisemitism.

There were many Jews in Palestine when it was Palestine. Hebron was entirely a Jewish city until the Palestinians slaughtered them. That was 1929.

Then the grand mufti (arab leader of palestine ) helped hitler.

Then Palestine fell to the British. Arabs start attacking Jews in the streets. The British try to organize the jews to retort but the jews refuse.

Finally the Jews demand a Jewish state.

Palestine had never actually been a state. But the British gives them one. They don't want it. Its not the way they think. And they cannot accept Israel the new state.

Egypt, Jordan, and Syria ally with each other and attack Israel they lose in six days.

So who is lacking empathy?

Israel has shown endless patience and empathy with Palestine. Its never worked.

The Palestinian attitude towards Israel is at the very least to some part founded on antisemitism that goes back a long time.

A hamas sniper shooting an Israeli baby is not showing empathy no less than Israelis who don't care about Palestinian kids.

But people who have seen the other side murder their people for decades often lack empathy for each other. Your attitude is not ever going to help it. Your attitude is based on hatred and your own prejudice.

If that is empathy then you don’t understand the word.
    You’re an apologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If that is empathy then you don’t understand the word.
    You’re an apologist.
    You are anti Semitic.

Israel doesn't need to apologize for NOT being the instigator.

They took no one's land. It was no one's land there was no state. It was much more vague than that.

And yes Israelis today have empathy for palestinians. I am sure its the other way around too.

But part of the issue is people over empathize with their own. They become too emotional and lose reason and truth.

Why you keep referring to all Jews though i dont know.

What was Europe till the end of WW2 ?? Centuries of killing and conquering each other.
    Its not europe. trust me.

You are anti Semitic.

Israel doesn't need to apologize for NOT being the instigator.

They took no one's land. It was no one's land there was no state. It was much more vague than that.

And yes Israelis today have empathy for palestinians. I am sure its the other way around too.

But part of the issue is people over empathize with their own. They become too emotional and lose reason and truth.

Why you keep referring to all Jews though i dont know.

So you over empathize with your own and become too emotional and lose reason and truth. At least you admit it.
    I have no skin in the game, unlike you, so I can see the evil that comes from both sides and thus see that Israel is the main aggressor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Greyfox

They were allowed to take land back off people who had spent there whole lives living there. when the Jewish people moved to Israel those who lived there already were forced off the land they had been living on. So yes very clearly the land the Jewish people were given back was land been used by other people who now had to live somewhere else. When the Palestinians say the land they lived on was taken away from them they are 100% correct.

So you over empathize with your own and become too emotional and lose reason and truth. At least you admit it.
    I have no skin in the game, unlike you, soI can see the evil that comes from both sides and thus see that Israel is the main aggressor.

I think you need to take a break. You seem unhinged.

Greyfox wrote: »
    They were allowed to take land back off people who had spent there whole lives living there. when the Jewish people moved to Israel those who lived there already were forced off the land they had been living on. So yes very clearly the land the Jewish people were given back was land been used by other people who now had to live somewhere else. When the Palestinians say the land they lived on was taken away from them they are 100% correct.
    They didn't ask the Palestinians to leave.

The arabs began violence that was racially incited and it became impossible to allow them to stay.

The arab part of society broke down at that point.

The sure sign you’re losing the argument is when you start insulting the other poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The holocaust was a human catastrophe on a scale hitherto unknown. The international community felt that Jewish people were entitled to their own homeland. The historic home of the Jews was Palestine which in the mid 40's was British controlled. As I understand most of the Jews who lived in Palestine did so in Tel Aviv. The Arabs resented the creation of the state of Israel. Palestine was carved up into an Arab state and a Jewish state (i.e. Israel).
    In a sense the location of the new state plus the loss of territory from an Arab perspective meant the new state would be view with hostility. This hostility has not diminished if anything it has increased particularly with any gain of territory by Israel from the original 1948 border. The manner in which the state was created was always going to incite hostility.

Neither side is blameless. I can understand why Israel was created in the context of the Holocaust. Israel lives in fear of its very existence being constantly threatened. I don't think it has much to fear from it's immediate neighbours so Iran would appear to be its biggest international threat. Hamas is a nuisance but relative to the IDF it's David V's Goliath in Israel's favour.

As long as the US backs her, Israel will continue with settlements and will continue to encroach into what is international recognised as The Palestinian Territories. Such is Israel's military superiority their is not much the government of The Palestinian Territories can do. Yes they have pulled out of Gaza but subsequently bombed the hell out of it and in reality Gaza is little more than a densely populated hell hole surrounded on two sides by Israel and disconnected from the rest of The Palestinian Territories.

Also worth noting that anytime her neighbours attacked her the Israeli forces routed their defence forces leading to utter humiliation in the Arab world.

The first step towards peace is for the Palestinian people and her Government to accept that Israel is here to stay.
    Second step is to get a handle on extremist Palestinian violence to a point of cessation.
    Third step is for Israel to stop and roll back Jewish settlements in the West Bank.
    Fourth step would be to make Tel Aviv the capital.
    Fifth step would be for Israel to sincerely and genuinely help improve life for the citizens of Gaza and the Palestinian territories.

All of the above steps are pointless unless Israel accepts that a Palestinian life has equal value to that of an Israeli.

The above steps are unlikely to ever occur but strike me as the most logical way to sow seeds of enduring peace.

• Advertisement

The sure sign you’re losing the argument is when you start insulting the other poster.
    Its not meant to be insulting. Its mean to say you are saying that all jewish people are lacking empathy and that is not ok. You need to take a step back.

holyhead wrote: »

All of the above steps are pointless unless Israel accepts that a Palestinian life has equal value to that of an Israeli.

This to me completely shows the entirety of how badly informed the Irish view is.

Israeli hospitals treat Palestinians even after they murder Israelis.

This is Ari Fuld.

He was murdered by a Palestinian youth.

Ari was stabbed. He realized the youth was going to stab a woman called - Hila Peretz, . He took out his gun and rather than shoot to kill he shot the palestinian youth in the leg.

Ari Fuld DIED a few minutes later. But his LAST act was to save two lives. One of Hila Peretz and the other of his attackers by shooting not to kill. If the attacker had been allowed to go on stabbing he probably would have lost his own life too at 16.

Ari Fulds attacker was TREATED IN AN ISRAELI HOSPITALS BY JEWISH ISRAELI DOCTORS who SAVED the 16 yr old attackers LIFE.

THATS EMPATHY.

Ari Fuldhad served in the IDF for a long term. He served during the second war in Lebanon. Despite the whole thing being caught on Camera from multiple angles and eye witness accounts. The attacker has plead not guilty. He has fully recovered thanks to the Israeli health system.

This is Ari Fuld's funeral. At his funeral were his father his brothers his wife and his children. Some around the age of his attacker.

That attackers family should thank him for saving their son's life and for the IDF for training him to remain calm as he was DYING and NOT shoot to kill.

When someone stabs you and you see they are about to stab someone else and just before you die you aim for their leg, that is empathy. When you heal someone in your hospital and save their limbs and life that is empathy.

When you absolutely HATE the dogmatic rhetoric of Hamas that told a 16 yr old kid to ruin his life to go stab a random person THAT is empathy.

For Jews empathy is a doing word.

Ari Fuld. Just a good nice decent brave empathetic man.

That 16 yr old is alive. I am glad for him and his family. Ari Fuld's family have only a grave to visit.

And to those to say jews stole land. The Jews who went to palestine BOUGHT their land. The land for the kibbutz etc the private land. They BOUGHT it from the Arabs. And then they were stoned.

This to me completely shows the entirety of how badly informed the Irish view is.

Israeli hospitals treat Palestinians even after they murder Israelis.

This is Ari Fuld.
    <SNIP>

He was murdered by a Palestinian youth.

Ari was stabbed. He realized the youth was going to stab a woman called - Hila Peretz, . He took out his gun and rather than shoot to kill he shot the palestinian youth in the leg.

Ari Fuld DIED a few minutes later. But his LAST act was to save two lives. One of Hila Peretz and the other of his attackers by shooting not to kill. If the attacker had been allowed to go on stabbing he probably would have lost his own life too at 16.

<SNIP>

Ari Fulds attacker was TREATED IN AN ISRAELI HOSPITALS BY JEWISH ISRAELI DOCTORS who SAVED the 16 yr old attackers LIFE.

THATS EMPATHY.

Ari Fuldhad served in the IDF for a long term. He served during the second war in Lebanon. Despite the whole thing being caught on Camera from multiple angles and eye witness accounts. The attacker has plead not guilty. He has fully recovered thanks to the Israeli health system.

This is Ari Fuld's funeral. At his funeral were his father his brothers his wife and his children. Some around the age of his attacker.

<SNIP>

That attackers family should thank him for saving their son's life and for the IDF for training him to remain calm as he was DYING and NOT shoot to kill.

When someone stabs you and you see they are about to stab someone else and just before you die you aim for their leg, that is empathy. When you heal someone in your hospital and save their limbs and life that is empathy.

When you absolutely HATE the dogmatic rhetoric of Hamas that told a 16 yr old kid to ruin his life to go stab a random person THAT is empathy.

For Jews empathy is a doing word.

Ari Fuld. Just a good nice decent brave empathetic man.

<SNIP>

That 16 yr old is alive. I am glad for him and his family. Ari Fuld's family have only a grave to visit.

And to those to say jews stole land. The Jews who went to palestine BOUGHT their land. The land for the kibbutz etc the private land. They BOUGHT it from the Arabs. And then they were stoned.
    F180916GE001-e1537096581296-640x400.jpg

Khalil Jabarin Ari Fuld's murderer receiving medical treatment from paramedics and the IDF.

I think that's empathy. And its more than his own govt Hamas ever gave or wished for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Who remembers when Israel forces shot a load of empathy at four children playing football.

https://www.channel4.com/news/israel-strike-kills-four-boys-on-gaza-beach-video

Who remembers when Israel forces shot a load of empathy at four children playing football.

https://www.channel4.com/news/israel-strike-kills-four-boys-on-gaza-beach-video
    Allegedly they deny it was them.

Andhttps://www.thejournal.ie/gaza-beach-rte-complaint-1840070-Dec2014/

If it was them and it was no accident i condemn it.

Do you condemn a hamas shooter shooting a Jewish baby girl in her pram? That was no accident he took aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,270 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You’re accusing people of being “anti Semitic” at the drop of a hat in this thread and taking severe offense to any criticism of Israel. *Your* posting is unhinged in this thread.

And for the avoidance of doubt: I’m not saying that makes you unhinged generally nor am I saying this because you are Jewish nor am I suggesting that all Jews are unhinged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

As we know. There is no better wat to show empathy than to force people out of there homes and then knock those homes down.

Killing children playing football and then taking people's homes away from them by force.

Israeli force empathy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You’re accusing people of being “anti Semitic” at the drop of a hat in this thread and taking severe offense to any criticism of Israel. *Your* posting is unhinged in this thread.

And for the avoidance of doubt: I’m not saying that makes you unhinged generally nor am I saying this because you are Jewish nor am I suggesting that all Jews are unhinged.

Lots of people are suggesting all jews have no empathy that is anti Semitic.

And its being ignored by the mods

Not even all jews support Israel. I don't sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Look, we have to get used to the idea that Jews are always going to do this. Israel is the Jews' homeland, and therefore criticism of Israel will be interpreted as criticism of the tribe.

Since Jews are perhaps the most ethnocentric people on earth, this kind of criticism will always meet with a vicous, seemingly "unhinged" response and accusations of "anti-semitism."

This tactic has worked to shame and silence the goyim for over 70 years. Why would they stop using it now?

These people are not unhinged. They are functioning normally and rationally from an ethnocentric point of view. We could learn a thing or two from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hamsin

Lots of people are suggesting all jews have no empathy that is anti Semitic.
    And if people are suggesting that 90% of Jews have no empathy? 80%?

Not even all jews support Israel.
    How many Jews don't support Israel?

hamsin wrote: »
    How many Jews don't support Israel?

I've not counted.

Certainly a fair few in the States here in Ireland etc. They are around.

And if people are suggesting that 90% of Jews have no empathy? 80%?
    Its been suggested multiple times that its a character trait.

Another thread ruined by the glut of "sage remarks" by posters who registered in Aug 2019 funnily enough. /unfollow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Blaming all Jews for **** that happens in Israel is like blaming all Muslims for **** that happens in Saudi Arabia.

I've not counted.

Certainly a fair few in the States here in Ireland etc. They are around.
    I don't think so. They are just very loud.

biko wrote: »
    Blaming all Jews for **** that happens in Israel is like blaming all Muslims for **** that happens in Saudi Arabia.
    So, you have no problem to blame about half of the worldwide Jewish population?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

So, you have no problem to blame about half of the worldwide Jewish population?

c11.jpg

Advertisement