Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Wooden Bridge on North Bull

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sign is easily missed.

The worst is that cars think the reason there is no cycling is due to their ‘right of way’

Got hounded out of it by some douche when i went over some months ago having not seen the sign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

The places I've seen them are road works where the road has been narrowed to allow for a temporary footpath. The intention there appears for cyclists to dismount and walk the footpath instead of riding in the road "Because they'll hold up traffic".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Got hounded out of it by some douche when i went over some months ago having not seen the sign

They were probably breaking the speed limit on it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭plodder

Effects wrote: »
    Almost certainly. The speed limit is 15 km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Are they not placed in locations for the most unobservant and non-vigilant cyclists, to help them?
    Like for the kind of people that usually get their wheel caught in Luas tracks.

When I cross the wooden bridge I'm aware that my tyre might get caught (25mm), but it's not because of the sign, and I cycle carefully. Some people are just unobservant and unsafe on bikes.

Having done his rotor cuff, I'm sure OP will be especially glad of this sympathetic observation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I love it when people shout at you about bad cycling whilst they themselves simultaneously are breaking the rules of the road.

Had it earlier today, housing estate road in Santry - I am cycling on left, cars parked to my right ….car is coming towards me and is hugging my side of the road (their RHS) and going at speed. I am thinking - its going to be very tight if I stay on the LHS side here, and since there is only a kerb and then a wall on the left of the road, I cut across to my RHS onto the footpath.

Now there was no risk with this as I am not going put myself in danger clearly, rather it was to avoid danger.

But driver takes issue with me and starts shouting and roaring because I have cut across them and gone on the footpath.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Having done his rotor cuff, I'm sure OP will be especially glad of this sympathetic observation.

such is the state of the internet - it's more important to be right than empathetic.

in fairness the current signage is not all that clear with the yellow slippery bike sign and the one about dismounting being low down and parallel to the way of travel (as opposed to up higher and facing)

Advertisement